Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on August 6, 2011
Melissa and Doug toys are usually more popular with our grandchildren than I think they will be. This one proved that once again. Our three year old grandson was going back to this toy during his birthday afternoon while we were there - putting aside the flashier birthday presents that made noise and were much larger. He was also using his matchbox cars and other small cars to load on to this low loader thus making more creative play. Definitely a hit!
on July 21, 2011
We love Melissa and Doug products and when we saw this truck, we knew it would be as good as previous products. We bought it for a friend's little boy and she reports back that he insists on taking it everywhere. He must have each small truck in his hands when they leave and he plays with them daily. We plan to get this for our son on his birthday. He loves working trucks so this should be perfect for him. I expect this set to be as well made as other M&D trucks.
on October 11, 2011
There's something about a wood toy. Unlike plastic, there's the feeling of substance and the idea that it could easily last to be your child's child's toy. Usually, wood toy's are tiny, and I bought this for a three-year-old with some trepidation. But the truck and vehicles are large, easy to grasp, brilliantly colored, and obviously high quality. And the price was terrific.
on October 23, 2012
My preschooler (age 2 1/2) absolutely loves this low loader... he wants to take it everywhere with him and he adores the little digger and steamroller that come with it. He will play with this set for hours- likes putting the two vehicles on the low loader and rolling it around to different locations where he pretends to "work at the construction site." It's also great that it has the two different vehicles because he can play with someone else- whether that is mom, dad, grandma, or a friend visiting for a play date. I am becoming used to the now-common refrain "mama, you want to play with digger and I will play with steam roller." It's not a question, he's just stating a fact.
I'm also impressed with the quality- I like wooden toys because I always feel bad about how easily plastic breaks and how plastics aren't sustainable- and these are really high-quality wood toys- I feel like they will be durable and last a long time. We can pass them on to other family members later and they will still be in good shape.
on April 4, 2014
what can I say? this is a Melissa and Doug product! it's fabulous and TOP quality for toys; sturdy, fun and all wooden! No cheap plastic that breaks with light wear and tear. My son loves tractors, trailors, trains.....basically anything with wheels. We bout this for him for christmas and he along with other similar products plays with these daily; and might I add they've been through rough play and handlings and have maintained in all aspects: color, quality, etc. LOVE this and other similar sets....we've just about collected them all!
on January 24, 2016
I am not sure why you have come to the review area, but I can only assume that it is because you have not had many experiences with Melissa & Doug products. If you did, you would already know that this, just like all their other products/toys, is just as well made as it is adorable! I bought this for my then 1 year old son. He loved playing with it, loading the smaller construction trucks onto the flatbed and playing with them on their own. The flat bed attaches to back of the truck by a wooden peg and hole, so it is easy for little ones to detach and reattach it on their own. This also helps to encourage fine motor development in your younger imaginary construction workers. The front end attachment of each of the smaller construction trucks articulates, so they can entertain themselves with rolling the trucks around on the floor (or furniture... but that might just be my silly kid) and moving the front end up and down. The materials are very durable, including non-toxic paint and connects for the plastic tires and arms for the front ends. If it is any indication of how well made it is, my silly, rambunctious little boy is still playing with them two years later and they are still in near perfect condition. I think surviving two years of testing its crash rating, aerodynamics in flight, and daredevil abilities in addition to regular, non destructive play sessions with a few, barely noticeable scratches is pretty amazing. So what are you waiting for now? Go ahead and add it to your cart. I promise you won't be disappointed!
on January 12, 2012
I bought this toy for my little daycare guys and they love it! We've had it for a few weeks and it's seen constant use and has held up to plenty of rough play indoors and outside. The truck and machines are just the right size for little hands and easy to manuver. I like the toy because it is just that, a toy. A toy that challenges the boys imaginations and they can play with for hours without getting bored. That alone is worth the price.
on January 10, 2012
My 2.5 year old loves this toy. It is very durable, has been played with in water as well, and was worth the price paid.
on August 24, 2014
I am very unsatisfied with this product. We have had it less than a month and one of the fenders on the semi portion have broken off and looking at it i noticed that that part wasnt real wood at all. And also the neck of the trailer the part that hooks to to truck has broken loose looking at that part closely it was attached with what appeara to me as hot glue. So therefore now i am finish nailing it back together putting about an hour of my time into glueing parts back together and popping finish nails into it so it will stay together.
on March 2, 2015
This is a pretty good quality toy, however, I wish that the steamroller and loader stayed on a little better on the back of the truck, perhaps with magnets. They fall off very easily. I was afraid when I opened it that I would have an issue wight he wheels coming off, however, they have stayed intact all this time (6 months so far). The trailer also comes off from the truck fairly easily so this usually is in 4 pieces in the toy box... truck, trailer, steamroller and loader. He typically goes for other toys before he goes for this one so I don't think he considers this to be one of his favorite toys. I do love that I am able to purchase quality wooden products nowadays instead of all plastic and plush... thanks Melissa and Doug!