5.0 out of 5 stars Fun set of trucks
I bought these for my son when he turned 2. He's been using them pretty much daily for the past 8 months. This toy consists of three separate pieces: (1) the yellow truck cab, (b) the natural-colored wooden trailer, and (c) the orange excavator.

THE GOOD:
-Mostly wooden (some parts, like the wheels and the excavator's scoop and arm are plastic)...
Published 15 months ago by Kristen

2.0 out of 5 stars Shovel not well designed
The shovel does not operate well...almost impossible to pick up things with it. I could not operate it very well, let alone my 2 year old grandson. Usually I like Melissa and Doug toys.
Published 18 months ago by marishaw

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun set of trucks, June 15, 2013
Kristen (Southern California) - See all my reviews

THE GOOD:
-Simple. No batteries, lights, or noises. Leaves the imaginative work to the child.
-Durable. My kid has not been kind to these and they're still basically in perfect condition.
-Excavator rotates on it's base. The scoop can be raised and lowered.
-Unique. Kids enjoy that the excavator can ride on the flatbed truck.
-Inexpensive. The quality has exceeded my expectations based on the price.

THE BAD:
-Requires a bit of dexterity. The yellow cab is pretty easy to hook up to the trailer, so that part is okay. But getting the excavator's wheels properly situated in the grooves on the trailer requires a level of manual dexterity that 2-year-olds may or may not have. It frustrated my child for quite a while, although he can do it now. (In fairness, I think this toy is listed as being for kids age 3 and up.)
-Made overseas. This toy is priced really well for the quality. To me, that raises questions about the conditions under which it was made. Although I like this product, I would be willing to pay more for it if the company provided some assurances that they are using fair labor practices and adhering to good environmental standards. (Or better yet, manufacturing their toys in the United States.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Quality Melissa and Doug Toy, February 11, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Trailer & Excavator (Toy)
What can I say, nicely made, the kids love it, nuff said. It does hurt when your toddler hits you on the head with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, May 2, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Trailer & Excavator (Toy)
My two and four-year-old grandsons love these toys. They are sturdy and detailed enough to withstand their attention and stimulate their imaginations. My only concern is that I'm not sure they are made in the US.

5.0 out of 5 stars W o W, January 29, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Trailer & Excavator (Toy)
These toys are awesome, very well made; they roll across the floor effortlessly! Our son loves them; truth be told, so does dad! Nice attention to detail; the trailers have guide slits cut into them to keep the wheels of the piggy back vehicles snugly in place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as always with M&D products, April 4, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Trailer & Excavator (Toy)
what can I say? this is a Melissa and Doug product! it's fabulous and TOP quality; sturdy, fun and all wooden! No cheap plastic that breaks with light wear and tear. My son loves tractors, trailors, trains.....basically anything with wheels. We bout this for him for christmas and he along with other similar products plays with these daily; and might I add they've been through rough play and handlings and have maintained in all aspects: color, quality, etc. LOVE this and other similar sets....we've just about collected them all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great choice for 3 year old., November 25, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Trailer & Excavator (Toy)
3 year old great-grandson plays with this toy for hours. Uses the trailer with his other vehicles too. Encourages creative play. His mom is impressed with the quality of Melissa & Doug toys.

4.0 out of 5 stars excavator, March 25, 2013
L. Kenny (Seattle WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Trailer & Excavator (Toy)
This toy does look great, but the peg and hole construction is hard for little hands to manage and understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality play time, February 21, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Trailer & Excavator (Toy)
I gave the Excavator, Low Loader and Car Carrier to my grandson for Christmas. He really enjoys playing with all of them, but he especially likes to carry the cars and small construction equipment around the house with him. Melissa & Doug make a good quality toy that will last a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little boy specifically asked for it, January 14, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Trailer & Excavator (Toy)
I was surprised when my 5-soon-to-be-6 year old requested this for Christmas; it seemed a little "young" for him. But, he loves playing with it. Melissa and Doug toys are well made; the wooden construction will last and make this an heirloom toy someday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy for truck lovers!, August 13, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Trailer & Excavator (Toy)
Bought this for my 2 yr old for his birthday -- he loves it. Well made and super cute!! Forget the plastic stuff, or things that need batteries -- this is so much better. Makes a great gift.

Melissa & Doug Trailer & Excavator