Great for wild imaginations
This appealing play set builds on children’s love of animals, adding in a pretend-play dimension with the rescue truck and two animal rescuers. The play possibilities are wide-open—there is no wrong way for kids to play with the set—but the content (seven African animals and a truck with sorting holes shaped for each one) may inspire discussion of wild adventures, animal care, and trips to the zoo, as well as counting, pattern recognition, and other basic skills.
Great skill builder
As children reach and push, lift and slide, and insert the pieces into the slots, they build the motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and problem-solving skills that they will call upon throughout life. This innovative set goes beyond the traditional shape sorter by including so many ways to build key developmental skills through play, including a play guide to help parents lead their children in skill-building inquiry and exploration.
About Melissa & Doug
Melissa & Doug toys are designed to fuel imagination, inspire exploration, and encourage the natural curiosity that leads to a lifetime of learning! From classic wooden toys to creative crafts for every age, Melissa & Doug’s timeless products educate and enrich in a way that’s as natural as playtime itself.Since their company’s founding 25 years ago, Melissa and Doug have been committed to making exceptional children’s products, with a focus on hands-on creative play and superior customer service. With their recognizable red-oval logo, Melissa and Doug put their names on every product they make—a symbol of their commitment to quality, attention to detail, and dedication to improving playtime for families around the world.
- Wooden vehicle toy and shape sorter in one!
- Includes wooden safari truck with slide-up cargo door and die-cut sides, plus 7 wooden animals and 2 wooden people.
- Appealing colors and patterns add visual interest to each wooden play piece.
- Vibrant patterns add a “wild” touch that animal-loving kids will adore!
- Helps teach shape recognition, fine-motor skills and hand-eye coordination; encourages exploration and imaginative play.