5.0 out of 5 stars Great doll....wrong customer expectations

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute doll, zero help for potty training
Published on June 13, 2010 by Isabelle Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Great doll....wrong customer expectations, November 17, 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Annie - 12" Drink and Wet Doll (Toy)
I grew up in the 60's/70's and had several drink and wet type dolls. I loved them and played with them all the time. It was a thrill to change a "real" diaper because it was actually wet! The dolls were very low tech (no tech actually) with just a hole in the mouth for the water bottle and a small hole in the bottom for the pee. Yes, the water would just come right out. No big deal...it was supposed to. It wasn't a lot of water, just a smidgen.

Remembering how much fun I had with this type of doll, my mom looked high and low for one like it for my now 6-yr-old daughter for Christmas last year and came up empty handed. So glad we found this doll. She is just like what I had as a child. It will be a fantastic present for my daughter this Christmas.

I think part of the problem today is customer expectations. This may be the fault of the manufacturer...if they positioned the doll as a potty training tool. The doll is obviously an infant...not old enough to even "walk" yet so clearly would not be time for potty training. The potty seat should be left out of the box. This seems to be the case with most of the other drink and wet dolls I now see on Amazon. Everyone keeps mentioning the potty training aspect. Forget the potty training with this doll...and just let your child enjoy a basic caring-for-baby play time and you should be happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Serves it's purpose, July 17, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Annie - 12" Drink and Wet Doll (Toy)
I bought this for my 18 month old so she could have a baby in the pool and bathtub. I did not buy it for the potty training aspect. Most babydolls are cloth so can't take them in water....She absolutely LOOOOOVES this baby and takes it EVERYWHERE with us. It's the perfect size for her as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but not for potty training, August 18, 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Annie - 12" Drink and Wet Doll (Toy)
My daughter recieved this as a gift for her 2nd birthday. I had hoped that it would help as a "demo" for potty training, but, like the other reviewers have said, "Annie" has poor bladder control! She is really cute and my little girl loves playing with her, so I'd still recommend it, just make sure Annie is wearing her diaper when you feed her and keep a paper towel close by.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wet doll, July 2, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Annie - 12" Drink and Wet Doll (Toy)
she smells good. We used this doll for potty training purposes along with the toiled training in one day book. What a dream come true!!!!
I wished I had bought a slightly bigger doll since the water almost comes out immediately even though she was still laying down. It was perfect for the training purpose as we only used her for about an hour and then went to potty training mode.
Now that potty training is complete she is thrown along with the other dollies. OH yes, one very cool thing that sets her apart from other dolls it the moving eyelids. The kids loved this and are amazed by her eyes opening and shutting. Shes a cute doll and perfect for potty training! 2yr old daughter named her June. ha ha

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Size, October 12, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Annie - 12" Drink and Wet Doll (Toy)
This baby boll is the perfect size for my 18 month old daughter to carry around. I like that it's just a plain doll, no bells and whistles so it's not heavy and is able to go in the tub with her if she wants.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute doll, zero help for potty training, June 13, 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Annie - 12" Drink and Wet Doll (Toy)
Because this doll is relatively new, I ordered it without having any reviews to go on. I was planning on using it as a demonstration doll for potty training my 2 year old. However, I was dismayed to find that the doll only wets while she's drinking - i.e., she can't hold her pee. Consequently, this doll was not very helpful for potty training, unless you want your child to associate drinking on the toilet with peeing (and not surprisingly, my son asks for drinks while he's on the toilet now :)).

That said, this is a cute doll. The potty is only useful if you want to hold her up - she can't sit very well on it by herself. Just be aware that if you get it for your child to play with, the doll will pee right away if she gives her liquid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best one after wasting money on no peeing dolls., January 11, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Annie - 12" Drink and Wet Doll (Toy)
Perfect teaching tool - it connected the dots immediately. Within minutes we had victory. Baby is sooo proud of herself using "potty training in less than a day" method. Need this visual for learning because Potty Annie actually pees.

4.0 out of 5 stars Successful toy until we lost to bottle, December 1, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Annie - 12" Drink and Wet Doll (Toy)
My 4 and a half year old daughter wanted a baby doll that she could feed and would go potty, so this looked like a great option and we were happy with the quality of the items. It is a little bit of a juggling act to get Annie to sit on the potty and drink at the same time without falling or squirting, but my daughter enjoyed it. She was heartbroken when we left the bottle on an airplane after vacation because that takes most of the fun out of the set. We have called the airlines, called Melissa and Doug (who do not have that particular bottle available to send as a separate item) and are now experimenting with making our own bottle. My suggestion would be to have an extra bottle in the kit - always good to have a backup with these small toys for small kids. Suggestions from anyone else who has dealt with this issue welcome!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, August 7, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Annie - 12" Drink and Wet Doll (Toy)
This is nothing like I thought it'd be. I assumed it was like the doll I had growing up where you had to push on the tummy to get the water to come out. Not necessary as it comes out right after you feed her. The potty is cute but you really cannot use it as the water comes out instantly and you have to tip the baby back to get the water in (note the back on the potty making it difficult to lean baby back). Also, it's difficult to even get the doll to sit on the potty without holding onto it. I think this doll will end up being a bathtub or outside pool toy only. So disappointing!

5.0 out of 5 stars great gift, May 28, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Annie - 12" Drink and Wet Doll (Toy)
its exactly what my niece wanted for her birthday it does all it say. she feel completely in love with it

Melissa & Doug Annie - 12" Drink and Wet Doll