Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on October 1, 2011
I bought BOTH this can and the chameleon watering can, also by Melissa and Doug. The quality difference in both cans is very noticeable. This can is very cheap looking. The plastic is brittle. The stripes on the side were scratched. You can see a white line through the middle of the whole thing where the green is seamed together. Looks like the two halves were glued together.

The Chameleon Watering Can is the way to go. It is a "rubbery" thick plastic... not brittle feeling. The colors are beautiful. It is easy to use. Get that one instead.
on May 23, 2011
This is cute for decoration but the practicality of it is poor. My daughter has to tip it a great deal before the water comes out and still it flows poorly. I wouldn't buy this product if I were to do it again.
on June 13, 2011
This watering can is as cute as can be and my granddaughter loves it and loves helping me water my flowers. However, it's made of surprisingly brittle plastic, and on day 1 of its use, my little girl dropped it on the patio and cracked the edge where the side joins the bottom. I was able to repair the crack with super glue and it's holding water again, but who knows how long it will hang in there - hopefully through the summer. It's really a lovely little thing - bright and cheerful - but my suggestion to the manufacturer would be to change the plastic to a more rubberized type of plastic (like the one I own, which is a good old Rubbermade watering can that is fabulously durable and can handle tons of abuse).
on May 25, 2010
Bought this for my daughter at Christmas. It's just a beautiful little watering can. My daughter is very small for her age (15 months) and has no problem handling the watering can. Can't wait to water flowers with her this summer! I am a fan of Melissa and Doug stuff and this does not disappoint.
on April 15, 2011
My two year old LOVES this watering can. She'll water flowers with us all the time. my only complaint is that the spout is a little high. She has a hard time tilting it far enough to water anything. Usually we end up helping her, which is ok. Probably better for a little older child or a lot more practice on our part.
on May 29, 2015
its so cute but it is cheaply made. my granddaughter likes it but we left it in her pool overnight and the decal had begun chipping off which was surprising. i didnt even know the entire stripe pattern is a decal, but yep it is. so its not so cute anymore bit we got many other pieces in this line and they've held up quite well.
on June 3, 2011
My toddler's response when I took this watering can out of the shipping box was "Wow"! Then she took off with it trying to water the flowers in the backyard. I think that pretty much says it all right there. This can is very pretty and brightly colored and perfect for kids. Great for teaching toddlers how to water plants and super easy to use. I am a fan of Melissa & Doug products overall - never had a miss yet! Highly recommend.
on April 24, 2015
I bought 2 of these for my daughters ages 2 and 3. The first time they used them they were having a blast watering mommy's flowers until my 2 year old dropped hers on the pavement and it got a huge crack on the bottom. It's no good after one use! It's a very cute watering can but its made out of cheap plastic that cracks easily. Very disappointed because they were having so much fun! Now my 3 can no longer use hers either because my 2 year old throws a fit that hers no longer works like her sisters. Dissapointed in melissa and Doug!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2011
My daughter has been really wanting a watering can and we thought it would be good for her. I didn't want one too small. We bought this one and within minutes of having it she dropped it on the floor (maybe 1.5ft) and it CRACKED! It is very very poorly made and the material is super cheap. Do not buy this. It will not hold up!
on September 18, 2011
Cheaply made. Came cracked all over with a gaping hole in the top due to a bad combo of poor packaging and brittle plastic. I would expect more from a toy not purchased at the dollar store.