Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on October 1, 2011
I bought BOTH this can and the chameleon watering can, also by Melissa and Doug. The quality difference in both cans is very noticeable. This can is very cheap looking. The plastic is brittle. The stripes on the side were scratched. You can see a white line through the middle of the whole thing where the green is seamed together. Looks like the two halves were glued together.

The Chameleon Watering Can is the way to go. It is a "rubbery" thick plastic... not brittle feeling. The colors are beautiful. It is easy to use. Get that one instead.
on June 13, 2011
This watering can is as cute as can be and my granddaughter loves it and loves helping me water my flowers. However, it's made of surprisingly brittle plastic, and on day 1 of its use, my little girl dropped it on the patio and cracked the edge where the side joins the bottom. I was able to repair the crack with super glue and it's holding water again, but who knows how long it will hang in there - hopefully through the summer. It's really a lovely little thing - bright and cheerful - but my suggestion to the manufacturer would be to change the plastic to a more rubberized type of plastic (like the one I own, which is a good old Rubbermade watering can that is fabulously durable and can handle tons of abuse).
on May 23, 2011
This is cute for decoration but the practicality of it is poor. My daughter has to tip it a great deal before the water comes out and still it flows poorly. I wouldn't buy this product if I were to do it again.
on May 25, 2010
Bought this for my daughter at Christmas. It's just a beautiful little watering can. My daughter is very small for her age (15 months) and has no problem handling the watering can. Can't wait to water flowers with her this summer! I am a fan of Melissa and Doug stuff and this does not disappoint.
on April 15, 2011
My two year old LOVES this watering can. She'll water flowers with us all the time. my only complaint is that the spout is a little high. She has a hard time tilting it far enough to water anything. Usually we end up helping her, which is ok. Probably better for a little older child or a lot more practice on our part.
on September 18, 2011
Cheaply made. Came cracked all over with a gaping hole in the top due to a bad combo of poor packaging and brittle plastic. I would expect more from a toy not purchased at the dollar store.
on July 19, 2011
My daughter has been really wanting a watering can and we thought it would be good for her. I didn't want one too small. We bought this one and within minutes of having it she dropped it on the floor (maybe 1.5ft) and it CRACKED! It is very very poorly made and the material is super cheap. Do not buy this. It will not hold up!
on July 28, 2010
I bought this watering can for my daughter for Christmas and the bottom cracked within 4 months. It is adorable, but not sturdy. We did keep it outside, but in a protected area. The bottom cracked before we even got into the heat of the summer. If you get this, keep it in the garage or house. While I found it very cute, my 2 year old loves her plain, painted metal watering can to be just as fun and I'm sure the $4 product will last much longer.
on June 3, 2011
My toddler's response when I took this watering can out of the shipping box was "Wow"! Then she took off with it trying to water the flowers in the backyard. I think that pretty much says it all right there. This can is very pretty and brightly colored and perfect for kids. Great for teaching toddlers how to water plants and super easy to use. I am a fan of Melissa & Doug products overall - never had a miss yet! Highly recommend.
on May 6, 2011
Ordered this for my niece's birthday along with other matching pieces. The garden set and bug box are adorable and the "look" of watering can is as well. Was very surprised and disappointed in the quality of the material used. Very hard plastic that will probably crack or break with normal use by a toddler. Will wait until I receive the matching cart to see what that is like before sending back. For the money, very poor quality.