5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THESE! A vast improvement on the older version
We have the older version of this set, the Melissa & Doug Abby & Emma Deluxe Magnetic Dress-Up Set... and this is FAR better. First, let me tell you about this set, and then I'll compare and contrast the two sets.

Published 13 months ago by dinglefest

3.0 out of 5 stars A little fragile
Published 3 months ago by Ann

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THESE! A vast improvement on the older version, August 9, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

This has two wooden dolls: a white (with enough of a tan that Hispanic girls might identify with her) girl with blue eyes and straight brown hair and a yellow polka-dotted tank with matching white underwear and a light-skinned black girl with curly black hait and brown eyes and a pink tank with matching white underwear. They also come with a blue base to stand the dolls up, but my daughter usually plays with them flat. The magnetic clothing options include: six sleeveless dresses/tunics, three short-sleeved dresses/tunics, two pajamas, two one-piece swimsuits, two long-sleeved dresses, five shirts, three skirts, four pairs of pants/capris, one coat, four pairs of sunglasses, six headbands, two pairs of shoes with attached knee socks, one pair of cowboy boots, seven pairs of other shoes, and two pairs of slippers. (I could be missing something, considering I just counted based on what we have right now, and we received these a month ago, so it's possible something has disappeared since then!) The smaller pieces - like shoes and headbands and sunglasses - could be lost easily and could also be a choking/swallowing hazard for smaller children, so please be mindful of that. The clothes are bright colored with varied patterns, but the designers seemed to have been intentional about to mix/match items because lots of matching combos are possible (and some that don't match at all for free-spirited kiddos like mine!).

Now why I like this Chloe & Zoe set better than the older Abby & Emma one: Abby and Emma are WAY skinnier, like super model thin, while Chloe and Zoe are much healthier with a more muscular build, though still lean. Abby and Emma had a couple of less modest options like a bikini and a belly top, and they wore a tank bra and panties; my daughter is hyper-modest (almost a prude!), so this bothered her, and I wasn't a huge fan either. The darker skinned one in the Abby/Emma set was lighter than my coffee... which says a lot since I have a little coffee with my creamer. :) The old set just has black circles for eyes instead of more realistic ones. And if you think the accessories are small on the Chloe and Zoe set, you'd hate the teensy tiny shoes and other items for Emma and Abby. Plus, as a tomboy, I like the box and base in this set being blue and yellow instead of pink, though that's just a personal preference.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little fragile, May 22, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Chloe & Zoe - Magnetic Dress Up (Toy)
The dolls and the clothes are pretty and are just the right size. There are many varieties of clothing articles in different colours and designs. The only problem is that the pictures on the dolls chip quite easily. There's already a tear on one of the dolls after my child spilled very little water on it. The wood that is backing the picture of the doll is sturdy but it seems to me the picture of the doll was printed on flimsy material that tear easily. One of the hair bands is also defective because of the way the wood was cut. Overall, my child likes it but I wish the quality was better.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful and creative, January 6, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Chloe & Zoe - Magnetic Dress Up (Toy)
My granddaughter loved this toy. It was easy to put clothing and accessories on/off and there were lots of items to choose from

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun dress up dolls, July 13, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My 2 1/2 year old granddaughter likes to play with this. Here is why.

1. The dolls and accessories are sturdy and well constructed. It is easy to stand the dolls up in the included stands. I agree with another review that the magnets could be a little stronger, but they work. The accessories are very colorful. Lots of different outfits are possible.

2. However, for just two dolls, there are way too many pieces. My granddaughter would be happy with just half the amount of pieces and generally that's all she uses.

3. This comes in a sturdy wooden box with compartments to hold the dolls and all the different pieces. That's nice. But there is no cover! We brought this on vacation and used a Ziplock bag to transport all the pieces.

Bottom line: My granddaughter enjoys playing with this, but not as much as some of her other Melissa & Doug toys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun for Little Hands, July 2, 2013
Jeanne Anderson (Swartz Creek, MI United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a wonderful product. It comes with two little children and a lot of different outfits to put on them. There are shoes, hair bands, shirts, dresses, pants, shorts, bathing suit, and more. It is built well, thick pressed wooden dolls and the clothes as well are thick wood. The clothes and accessories are magnetic and easy for little hands to use. It comes in a wooden tray with area to put everything for storage. My 3 1/2 year old granddaughter loves to play with it. I believe even a younger child would like it. It should last her for many years and should hold up to storing it for future generations of children. I am very happy with this toy.

4.0 out of 5 stars My Almost 6 Year Old is Thoroughly Enjoying This, June 27, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My daughter has been having such fun playing with this dress up set. Honestly, I wasn't sure how an old fashioned paper-doll like toy (well wooden dolls) would go over with her. She had a Melissa & Doug puzzle that involved three ballerinas, and you changed the tutus...which she loved. So, I was hopeful she would view this similarly. Well, she's been playing with it for over a week every day. So many different combinations and stories to come up with. :)

Only negative is that there are lots of little pieces. M&D provides a nice wooden case that the dolls come in, but there's no top... so her little 2 year old brother has great fun taking the pieces and throwing them. I wish the case had some sort of top--but other than that, we really like it. I offered to put all the pieces in a bin with a lid, but she likes how she can see everything in the wooden box it comes with.

My guess is this would be fun for a girl up to 7-8 years old.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun!, June 25, 2013
KDMask (Rochester, NY) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Like all Melissa and Doug products, this doll set is very sturdy and colorful. The pieces are great for little hands to hold. The clothes are very cute and come in a nice variety. My one complaint is that it doesn't have a cover for the tray. I would have really liked to have something that kept the pieces in when not in use. Yes, you can store it flat but if you are transporting it in the car or for therapy (like I do), then you need to put it in a separate box with a lid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Melissa & Doug!, June 26, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Melissa & Doub Chloe & Zoe Magnetic Dress Up kit has a real wow factor for our four-year-old. The faces are very sweet and friendly, and the assortment of prints and fashions to put together is quite stimulating. While we so-called adults enjoyed our usual game night, she had her own great time with this stimulating toy -- constantly stopping to show us her latest creation. It was a pleasure to watch her genuine pleasure in arranging and rearranging the pieces, and it occupied her nicely for quite some time.

This toy is very well designed with attention to detail. The many different fashions and fabric styles show that this toy was well planned out to stimulate your child's creativity. Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tool, wish it had a lid, August 27, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Chloe & Zoe - Magnetic Dress Up (Toy)
These are wonderful! I am a therapist and I use them with my clients. Clients ages 3 to even 9 years old are interested in playing with them. I'm glad they make a product that is ethnically diverse. I was also impressed how durable they actually are. I do wish they were in some sort of container with a lid. If it knocks over all the pieces go everywhere because there isn't a lid.

5.0 out of 5 stars colorful and fun, July 10, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Chloe & Zoe - Magnetic Dress Up (Toy)
Very colorful and fun. The box is nice too

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›