Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon August 9, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We have the older version of this set, the Melissa & Doug Abby & Emma Deluxe Magnetic Dress-Up Set... and this is FAR better. First, let me tell you about this set, and then I'll compare and contrast the two sets.

This has two wooden dolls: a white (with enough of a tan that Hispanic girls might identify with her) girl with blue eyes and straight brown hair and a yellow polka-dotted tank with matching white underwear and a light-skinned black girl with curly black hait and brown eyes and a pink tank with matching white underwear. They also come with a blue base to stand the dolls up, but my daughter usually plays with them flat. The magnetic clothing options include: six sleeveless dresses/tunics, three short-sleeved dresses/tunics, two pajamas, two one-piece swimsuits, two long-sleeved dresses, five shirts, three skirts, four pairs of pants/capris, one coat, four pairs of sunglasses, six headbands, two pairs of shoes with attached knee socks, one pair of cowboy boots, seven pairs of other shoes, and two pairs of slippers. (I could be missing something, considering I just counted based on what we have right now, and we received these a month ago, so it's possible something has disappeared since then!) The smaller pieces - like shoes and headbands and sunglasses - could be lost easily and could also be a choking/swallowing hazard for smaller children, so please be mindful of that. The clothes are bright colored with varied patterns, but the designers seemed to have been intentional about to mix/match items because lots of matching combos are possible (and some that don't match at all for free-spirited kiddos like mine!).

Now why I like this Chloe & Zoe set better than the older Abby & Emma one: Abby and Emma are WAY skinnier, like super model thin, while Chloe and Zoe are much healthier with a more muscular build, though still lean. Abby and Emma had a couple of less modest options like a bikini and a belly top, and they wore a tank bra and panties; my daughter is hyper-modest (almost a prude!), so this bothered her, and I wasn't a huge fan either. The darker skinned one in the Abby/Emma set was lighter than my coffee... which says a lot since I have a little coffee with my creamer. :) The old set just has black circles for eyes instead of more realistic ones. And if you think the accessories are small on the Chloe and Zoe set, you'd hate the teensy tiny shoes and other items for Emma and Abby. Plus, as a tomboy, I like the box and base in this set being blue and yellow instead of pink, though that's just a personal preference.
22 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 27, 2014
These are wonderful! I am a therapist and I use them with my clients. Clients ages 3 to even 9 years old are interested in playing with them. I'm glad they make a product that is ethnically diverse. I was also impressed how durable they actually are. I do wish they were in some sort of container with a lid. If it knocks over all the pieces go everywhere because there isn't a lid.
on August 21, 2015
My daughter loves her "girls" and pretends they are her and her best friend. For the cost, they are as expected. She did get water on Zoe and the sticker (magnet, wood, sticker) started to rub off.

The shoes are tiny! Definitely not something to give a child younger than 3 (and keep it away from any babies).

I like that both girls have PJs and Swimsuits. There is only one rainy day outfit. There are lots of knee length dresses, which confuses my daughter who always wants to put pants on the girls (even though she herself would wear dresses everyday). Overall, it is a fun and creative toy.
on May 22, 2014
The dolls and the clothes are pretty and are just the right size. There are many varieties of clothing articles in different colours and designs. The only problem is that the pictures on the dolls chip quite easily. There's already a tear on one of the dolls after my child spilled very little water on it. The wood that is backing the picture of the doll is sturdy but it seems to me the picture of the doll was printed on flimsy material that tear easily. One of the hair bands is also defective because of the way the wood was cut. Overall, my child likes it but I wish the quality was better.
on August 14, 2015
Paper dolls don’t always last all that long but these dolls are definitely built to stand the test of time. My nieces have recently discovered the joys of these magnetic style dolls and can’t get enough. Despite the fact that in our area these dolls are rather hard to come by, the dolls were a HUGE success.

The girls love playing dress up with their dollies and the “easy for little hands magnet” style clothing offers near endless opportunities. And it doesn’t hurt that they can use their magnetic outfits from other sets as well. Plus it was a huge bonus that the set comes with 2 dolls, 1 for each niece. This was a good quality toy and I would definitely recommend
on February 2, 2016
I bought this for my granddaughter who is 3 yrs old. She loves them! We have fun putting different outfits on each and mixing them up. The storage box is nice, I just wish there was a lid or cover for it. The colors are great and the outfits appropriate for young girls. This product is well made and will last a long time.
VINE VOICEon June 27, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Melissa and Dog make wonderful toys. They are well made and very durable. They always give attention to detail and this little set is no different. I purchased the first set of magnetic dolls from them many years ago and we still have them. This little set is more compact and quite a bit different. The first set 's dolls were either adult or older teen figures while these are little girls. The set gives the child lots of different outfits and combinations. I would say this would be really entertaining for ages 5 and under. The clothing sticks to the doll by magnet so it is very easy for the child to change the clothes. Be aware that there are a number of very tiny parts (shoes, hair accessories) and I would like to see the magnets a little stronger. But overall this is a great play set that should give a lot of hours of enjoyment.
on June 16, 2015
Bought this product for my daughters 3rd birthday, the one thing that I dislike about this product is that once opened the pieces have gone missing. They should develop a better holding case for this item. If you were to buy this product I would buy a separate container to hold the pieces in. Otherwise my daughter loved it.
on January 7, 2016
My three year old granddaughter likes it a lot but I am very disappointed.
Hardly any of the clothes match.
Also there is no top to the box that holds the pieces, a flaw in many of Melissa and Doug items.
on April 22, 2014
I recently discovered magnetic dolls and thought it would be fun for my 2 year old. She has so much fun with these and really can sit there for an hour just changing up their clothes. There are some small pieces (shoes and head bands) that I have put away until she is a little older. But other than that it's just so much fun.