Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on May 6, 2010
October 6, 2011 - We passed this down to a friend and her daughter LOVES it too. She was walking in no time. I love how stable it is. It keeps them from going too fast and flipping it over. Still love it!

May 6, 2010 - My 9 month old daughter LOVES this toy. She is so amazed to be mobile. Right now, she can only manage to push it in a straight line. It seems hard to maneuver for beginning walkers. Luckily, we have an open floor plan so she can go right from the living room through the kitchen into the dining room before she has to stop and turn around. I can see her using this for awhile though... putting dollies on it and pushing them around. She wants to play with it every day and gets upset when she can't.

Durability: So far we have had no problems. I read reviews that complained that the handle bar comes unglued. The version I received has a screw holding the handle bar in place. We've had it for a month and no defects have come about.
1212 comments| 222 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2012
My son loved this toy when he saw that he could walk with it. It was so cute and he was so cute pushing it. A simple trip and he hit his forehead on the sharp edged spinning fish and left a gash right between his eyes that the Dr said would leave a scar! There was blood everywhere! I see from the reviews that this has happened to others and I can't believe that they haven't fixed it by rounding off the edges since it's a known issue.
22 comments| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 8, 2007
I was happy with this until the top bar came loose just a few days after we bought it! My 20 month old fell forward and landed with his neck on one of the vertical parts. It was terrible, and all because their glue didn't hold. If you buy this, please screw the top bar in place so this doesn't happen to you. This is not the only Melissa and Doug toy we have had glue issues with. Not recommended.
11 comment| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2011
We bought this toy when our daughter was 10 1/2 months old. She has definitely grown with it and now uses it to quickly navigate our home, as well as, to haul her toys around! We take it to the park for her and she walks on the tennis courts with the alligators. She squeals with delight with every chomp! Our daughter is now just days from turning 1 years old and she is still infatuated with this toy. Wish I could say the same for the countless other toys whom have been discarded after very little play. We would absolutely recommend this toy to our friends and family.
Thanks
The Alpersons
review image review image
on November 25, 2011
I have an early walker- at 9 months old- and thought that this would be perfect for him as he walks pushing boxes and his activity table. While this toy is heavy and seems build to last, the problem is the height of the handle. My son is 97th percentile for height and wearing 18-24 month clothes at 9 months. This toy is simply too short for him now, and I can't imagine a taller baby having much luck at 1 year of age or older.

If your child isn't the jolly green giant, I highly recommend this product. If you are raising a future basketball player you may want to pass. I am sadly shipping our push toy back to Amazon.
on June 5, 2011
Our son's experience with this toy has been exceptional. First it has accelerated his ambitions to walk. He is 11 months old now and before the toy was doing his share of cruising but nothing like what this toy has allowed him to do. He runs back and forth across the house with a huge smile on his face and loving that he can now walk with a little assistance.

Next, I was a bit worried at first about the handle for the toy being straight up and down, but come to find out this makes it much easier for him to walk with it. If it would have the angled handle like most other toys it would consistently want to push out from underneath him as he walked. The straight handle allows him to decide when to push it or not.

Last and most important to me, is the noise. It is loud enough to get his attention and make him want to continue pushing it, but not loud enough to be a "that" annoying toy. There is no high pitch squealing or sirens... just wood hitting against itself and it is very tolerable.

Last and not least, NO BATTERIES!

So far this has been his favorite and most used toy. It brings happiness to both him and us as parents, if you have the chance this toy is well worth the price for the smile on your child's face.
on November 3, 2007
We purchased this product at a local educational toy store for my 1 year old for his first birthday. As far as its use as a walker, it is VERY sturdy. We have owned plastic walkers in the past and this one is substantially sturdier (as in, it won't tip over as easily when baby pulls up on it) It does require some basic assembly, I think it was just putting two screws in. The wheels have a rubber ring around them so it gets very good traction on wood or carpeted floors. As the toy is pushed the alligators open and close their mouths at regular intervals. Great fun for chomping sisters' barbie dolls. All three of my boys (ages 1, 2, and 4) LOVE this toy and frequently fight over it (so that could be good OR bad depending on how you look at it!) The only caveat to this toy is the NOISE, when pushed quickly it lives up to the 'clack' part of the name, it clacks LOUDLY. That is the only reason I didn't give this toy a 5. However, I highly recommend it.
on July 23, 2008
We bought this for my daughter's first birthday and she loved it during the first week she played with it. However, wooden slivers from the plywood side panel began flaking and breaking off almost immediately. Each broken piece is about an inch long and incredibly dangerous. We have taken it away from her and will be returning it as soon as I have time. What a shame. I previously loved Melissa & Doug products.
33 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 12, 2008
I first saw this toy in an upscale toy store for $[...], and would've bought it then-but lucky for me the last one they had was the floor model and the paint was chipped off. So I waited and found it here on Amazon for MUCH less! I can't even tell you how happy I was!
My 10 month old son absolutely LOVES this walker! He has 3 others (a Tonka, a Fisher-Price Hippo and another Fisher Price Brilliant Beginnings) but this is his fave! I think the chomping gators is what does it. When he uses it, we call it "walking his alligators"! It's simply adorable! We're buying one for our friends when their baby is old enough. (we're keeping ours, it's too cute!)
The gators chomping isn't loud at all, the mouths are padded with felt so it's not at all obnoxious. Our living room carpet is just a little too plush for it to work there, but it works fine in his bedroom and our basement. He is walking so much more now that he has this walker. I HIGHLY recommend this for anyone looking for a great push-walker!
review image review image
on December 2, 2012
Among my mom's group I'd say this walker and the Vtech sit to stand walker are the most popular. I decided to buy this one for my daughter's first Bday. She was just starting to cruise at this time. I decided on this over the Vtech because it felt much more sturdy and my daughter could push this along slowly without it slipping out from under her. The vtech is much lighter so when she'd stand behind it, it would move so fast that she would slip and tumble. Well it turns out my brother bought her the vtech for her Bday. I am glad that I kept both because she loves them both, still uses them both a lot and they are better suited for different situations. I'll focus on the Alligator push toy now

It is GREAT for smooth floors, hardwood, tile and sidewalk because it is SO sturdy. It's perfect for a child who is just beginning to cruise and is still not very stable. Because it's on the heavier side, hey could lean on it without it speeding away, which would cause them to fall.

Not the best for thick carpet. Now that my daughter can walk well she can push it around in rooms where we have a thicker carpet, but most people buy these when a child is just starting to walk and if you have mostly carpet in your house it probably won't be very easy for your child to push it around.

My husband was concerned that my daughter would pinch her fingers in the mouth of the alligator, she never has but her little friend did. She was holding on to the alligators mouth and then leaned on it. I didn't think it was too big of a deal, it hurt i guess but she was fine. It wouldn't stop me from buying it.

The only thing I'm bummed about was that all the other M&D alligator push toys I've seen are very vibrant in color, the blue part of mine looks like they only did one coat of paint and left it.