Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Melissa & Doug Deluxe Easel Paper (3 pack bundle)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Style Name: Easel Paper Roll Bundle|Change

on November 16, 2008
This product was shown (picture) and stated as "Easel Paper (3 pack bundle)" with a price. I ordered it with expectations of 3 rolls. I received one. I called the company and was told it was only one roll that I paid for. I protested saying what was stated "Easel Paper (3 pack bundle)" and price I paid. They mailed me the other two rolls. I Question, why is it being advertised as a 3 pack bundle with the price I paid if that is not true. The man I talked with said is was not 3 rolls, that it was only for 1 roll. I was very uncomfortable with this whole transaction even with the other two rolls being sent to me, with a reluctant attitude, without cost.
33 comments|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2007
I searched several stores in my area and could not find replacement paper for my daughters' easel, so I decided to check out Amazon. I found this product and you could not beat the price, so I ordered two. It was nice thick paper and could handle the fancy artwork that my two and four year old Picassos created. I plan to order more.
Pluses:

- I really did receive three rolls.

- The paper is bright white.

- For three rolls the price isn't bad.

Minuses:

- It is very thin. Much thinner than, for example, cheap copy paper. (Each 75' roll is less than 2 1/2" in diameter.)

- It wrinkles easily.

- It seems to come apart more easily when wet (for example from painting with water colors or drooling) than other craft papers.

- It's not as smooth, even right off the roll, as similar roll paper I've worked with.

Bottom line: Depends on what you want it for. If you are getting paper for kids to doodle on this will be OK. If it's for water colors then it might pose some challenges. If you are using it as a photographic backdrop then it might be OK if handled carefully.
on May 4, 2007
I use this for my daughter's easel by Melissa & Doug, which itself does not come with paper but has a dowel for one. It's a great price for quality and amount of paper you get, but you should get 2 or 3 rolls to save on shipping costs, which are around $7 whether you get 1 roll or multiple rolls.
on February 26, 2008
This is the second order of these rolls, and the price was terrific. I wanted to make sure my granddaughter would not run out. The combination of the easel and paper was a great success for a Christmas gift. She and her friend spent hours painting. The paper is sturdy and has a nice finish for water-based paints. Her paintings hang all about the house and roll up well when dry.
on December 20, 2007
This paper can withstand quite a bit. I just wish I could find it in stores instead of ordering it, but oh well. I would recommend this paper and have recommended Amazon since this is the only place that sells it the cheapest.
on January 4, 2010
Let me first say my son loves to paint using the M&D easel. However, the M&D paper does not hold up and tears easily with paint. I would not recommend this paper. I ordered some 3rd party 50lb weight paper instead. The heavy weight paper never tore and can hold lots of paint.
on March 19, 2014
I purchased this paper to go along with the Melissa & Doug Deluxe Standing Easel [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging]. It's really great paper and does the trick! If you decide to purchase the Easel Companion Set, you get a roll too in case you would like to just try it out. I really liked this paper and it held up to some pretty heavy duty little artists!
on July 25, 2014
These paper rolls are wonderful, although I no longer have the Melissa and Doug easel. The paper is fairly heavy duty and it is easy to tear off big sheets. If you have masking tape, you can tape the paper to a hard floor and kids can draw very big pictures that can be unstuck and posted on the wall.

My kids love creating art this way, and the big sheets keep them busy for a LONG time. The paper works fairly well for painting, too, although when my kids were a bit younger, they tended to tear holes in the paper while painting.

I have taken a few of my favorite drawings and had them matted and framed, and the quality of the paper looks good enough to display. In all, this is very good, inexpensive art project paper.
on November 22, 2011
We bought this pack since you get 3 rolls for about twice the price of what 1 roll sells for on Amazon. I got confused when you look at the details for each product because one roll is listed as 18 x 75 FEET, but the 3 pack lists at 18 x 25 YARDS (which is 18 x 75' - thank you to another reviewer for pointing this out to me, as I originally misread it as 25 FEET). So, this is a good deal. The paper is fine for normal toddler usage - we use it for crayons, chalk, finger painting and regular painting (with brushes).