Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

on January 10, 2008
Well, my kids love to make their own monsters, and I love playing with them, too. The only problem that I have is that the velcro used to attach all the parts is not a strong hold, especially for the arms. They are usually half falling off, and non of the parts are very secure. But, that aside, it is hours of imaginative play for me and my kids, and that's more important!!
on October 10, 2007
My 4 year old daughter loves this puppet. We can play with it for hours finding creative ways of making new horrible faces and then attacking each other with them or having Jim Henson' style puppet shows with her 'Melissa and Doug' puppets. Great stuff.
on November 28, 2010
This would have been a great toy if the pieces that are attached by Velcro wouldn't fall down ALL THE TIME.
Any attempt to make this puppet move would result in it losing an arm, or an eye, or the nose........you get the idea.
I thought the point of a puppet is to make it move to interact with the child but there's no way of doing that with this toy without getting extremely frustrated.
on July 1, 2009
This endearing puppet allows children to engage in imaginative play in more ways than one. We like it so much that we do wish there were other varieties of this kit.

What we like:
1) Velcro holds the pieces on nicely
2) Pieces are brightly colored and imaginative
3) The bag is durable and very handy
4) Lots of different pieces

What we didn't like:
1) Mouth is a tad shallow
2) Only 1 puppet body comes in the pack - from the picture it seems like there might be two... there certainly would have been enough pieces to be two

Bottom line: Highly recommended! But, get two. Who wants to play alone?
on December 21, 2013
I got this based on the reviews saying it was really fun and great for little kids. The trouble for me with this puppet set is that when you use the different things to attach and make new faces you have to take off the ones already on. So when you go to remove them fuzzy material comes off puppet each time. It make for a gross mess each time we tried to play with them so I donated my set to Goodwill.
on December 6, 2015
Cute Product! LOVE the concept. It is true that the velcro doesn't stick very well. When my son moves it all the pieces begin to fall off. Very frustrating for my 6 year old. The 4 year old I bought it for gave up on it the same day I gave it to her. I love how cute this is but I wouldn't recommend it.
review image review image review image
on November 2, 2015
I bought this for my nephew who was turning 4. I only have girls, and as my last one is 15, I wasn't sure what would be appropriate. I searched on Amazon and decided on this, partly based on the reviews and partly based on the very, very active type of kid he is--one who just happens to love to do crafts whenever his mommy can get him to sit still for more than 5 minutes. I used Amazon Prime (love) to ship it to my lil sweetie since my sister's family lives out of state from me and waited for the results.

It was a huge hit and when I finally got to see it in person when they visited over the summer, much bigger and better put together than I expected. As soon as he opened it on his birthday, I got a call from my sister talling me how awesome it was. A week later I got another call to let me know that by b-i-l had played with it plenty also. It is a great interactive toy, the pieces all stuck really well,and it allows imagination to flow. It is not scary and being able to change up the monster makes it the child's (or adult's) invention. As a puppet it allows another level of play too. Good purchase, and YAY for me, I am now super Auntie Jen!
on December 25, 2009
My 5yo son got two -yes, two- of these puppets from his smart grandparents who figured a monster would need someone to play with (another monster!). He is absolutely loving them. I love imaginative, open-ended play toys like this! I especially like that the parts are not categorized. Is that teeth? Or a rooster comb? Or a dinosaur spine? You decide! But I don't like that this toy is made of that same darn pet-hair-grabbing fabric as so many kids' toys are. I'd recommend vacumming the play area one extra time before you open it. It stores away nicely in the bag it comes in, which is good - because the cat keeps stealing the small fuzzy noses and ears to play with.
on September 16, 2014
I am very disappointed in this puppet. It's such a cute idea, but there are just too many flaws for it to be worth the purchase price. I bought it for my daughter's 3rd birthday and while she thought it was cute, she wasn't as thrilled as I had hoped. The first time we played with it, I noticed stray neon hairs and fur all over my white comforter and our clothes. We put it back in the plastic case, but there were stray hairs around our house for days. By the time we played with it again, the velcro was wearing out on most of the pieces and the shedding was ridiculous.
on January 22, 2014
It is a really cute toy but it's all Velcro, anything with fuzziness or long fur, get's stuck into the Velcro and renders them useless. If you want to play with them, you have to spend 20 minutes picking the fuzz out of all the Velcro. The Velcro isn't that strong, buy the time everything is put together and a child plays with it, the arms and eyes were falling off. The velcro holding it into the box was better than the velcro on the puppet. Would have been much better if they were magnets, of course that would raise the price, so there would be a downside.