4.0 out of 5 stars Cute learning toy

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but could use a little tweeking
Published on November 14, 2010 by SJM

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but could use a little tweeking, November 14, 2010
SJM (Vista, CA USA) - See all my reviews
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Deluxe Lacing Bear Dress-Up (Toy)
I am a retired teacher and bought this for my 3 year old granddaughter. It is cute and durable. She liked it but needed a lot of help. The "thread" is long and thick, so it gets stuck when lacing. I'm going to buy a thinner, shorter lacing string which I think will work better. It would also be nice if it came with two bears so the one bear wouldn't need to be undressed all the time. Two bears would also give her the added option of imaginative play--kind of like paper dolls.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute learning toy, January 8, 2008
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Deluxe Lacing Bear Dress-Up (Toy)
I bought this toy for my 5-year-old. If she played with it more, I would give it more stars. It teaches dexterity with "sewing" the pieces on as well as teaching them to line up the holes properly. It is wooden, so it is pretty durable. Mostly, she likes that she can "hand sew" like me and her big sister. I always wanted one when my oldest was younger, but Amazon had it at an incredible price, so now we have it in our house! The only downside is that the case it comes in requires the bear to be stripped down to her panties again and the pieces must be arranged specifically. Also, the plastic lid is very cheap and will not hold the pieces in place if it's knocked over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift!, December 18, 2007
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Deluxe Lacing Bear Dress-Up (Toy)
I gave this to my 3-year old niece for her birthday, and she has really loved it. Her mom has to hold things in place for her to lace, but neither mom nor daughter mind. My niece's favorite outfit is the cheerleaders costume. I highly recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars My girls love it - too bad about the packaging, March 25, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Deluxe Lacing Bear Dress-Up (Toy)
My girls do love this (they are 3 and 5). It's not always obvious how to get all the accessories on there without crisscrossing everywhere and ending up with a lace sticking out the front, but they just take it apart and try again.

Why didn't they include a real over though? It comes in a nice sturdy box, but no cover so it's impossible for me to store it anywhere (just sitting on a shelf does not work at my house). So I can transfer the contents to a plastic container, but then I waste the sturdy box it came in. Or I get a container that is big enough for the box, but that seems silly. They really took a regretful shortcut on this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great learning toy, but fun too!, January 12, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Deluxe Lacing Bear Dress-Up (Toy)
My 2 1/2 year old niece loves these lace-up bears we got her for Christmas. She will have fun and they help her with her fine motor skills as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun and 1st steps to sewing, March 18, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Deluxe Lacing Bear Dress-Up (Toy)
Recently my 9 year old granddaughter wanted to learn how to sew. We are using a conventional electric sewing machine. In an effort to include her sister, 3 years old, I decided to engage her by getting these sewing cards. They are very well made and easy to maneuver. This one is her favorite! Actually, we all enjoyed playing with them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat little toy, January 18, 2012
My daughter loves this bear. The box has no lid, so pieces get lost, and it's a pain in the rear to store. The product pic for this listing is deceptive, as it makes it look as though there are multiple bears, but the description is accurate: one bear, two laces, several outfits. You can replace the laces if they get banged up, or try skinnier laces with different feels to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars best toy for toddlers !, December 17, 2011
tj james (cincinnati, ohio United States) - See all my reviews
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Deluxe Lacing Bear Dress-Up (Toy)
Sewing cards have always been a great simple toy for toddlers to have fun and practice how to use their hands to do a job....... but to combine that concept with the paper doll concept at the same time is awesome. I love that they are actually sewing the clothes on the dolls ! And to make them wooden and there fore durable was brilliant. I great basic learning toy for kids. I love this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lacing Bear is great!, January 7, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Deluxe Lacing Bear Dress-Up (Toy)
My granddaughter was thrilled with the gift. She is five and had a little difficulty lacing at first but caught on quick! Melissa & Doug always meets my expectations! Highly recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Will recommend, January 5, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Deluxe Lacing Bear Dress-Up (Toy)
My 6 yr old granddaughter is very please with this "dress-up doll" type of lacing card. She likes to mix-and-match the outfits.

Melissa & Doug Deluxe Lacing Bear Dress-Up