Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on November 14, 2010
I am a retired teacher and bought this for my 3 year old granddaughter. It is cute and durable. She liked it but needed a lot of help. The "thread" is long and thick, so it gets stuck when lacing. I'm going to buy a thinner, shorter lacing string which I think will work better. It would also be nice if it came with two bears so the one bear wouldn't need to be undressed all the time. Two bears would also give her the added option of imaginative play--kind of like paper dolls.
on January 8, 2008
I bought this toy for my 5-year-old. If she played with it more, I would give it more stars. It teaches dexterity with "sewing" the pieces on as well as teaching them to line up the holes properly. It is wooden, so it is pretty durable. Mostly, she likes that she can "hand sew" like me and her big sister. I always wanted one when my oldest was younger, but Amazon had it at an incredible price, so now we have it in our house! The only downside is that the case it comes in requires the bear to be stripped down to her panties again and the pieces must be arranged specifically. Also, the plastic lid is very cheap and will not hold the pieces in place if it's knocked over.
on December 18, 2007
I gave this to my 3-year old niece for her birthday, and she has really loved it. Her mom has to hold things in place for her to lace, but neither mom nor daughter mind. My niece's favorite outfit is the cheerleaders costume. I highly recommend it!
on March 25, 2011
My girls do love this (they are 3 and 5). It's not always obvious how to get all the accessories on there without crisscrossing everywhere and ending up with a lace sticking out the front, but they just take it apart and try again.

Why didn't they include a real over though? It comes in a nice sturdy box, but no cover so it's impossible for me to store it anywhere (just sitting on a shelf does not work at my house). So I can transfer the contents to a plastic container, but then I waste the sturdy box it came in. Or I get a container that is big enough for the box, but that seems silly. They really took a regretful shortcut on this one.
on March 18, 2013
Recently my 9 year old granddaughter wanted to learn how to sew. We are using a conventional electric sewing machine. In an effort to include her sister, 3 years old, I decided to engage her by getting these sewing cards. They are very well made and easy to maneuver. This one is her favorite! Actually, we all enjoyed playing with them.
on November 13, 2015
I liked this more than my 5 yo granddaughter. She has been wanting to learn to sew and I thought this would be a good introduction. I had similar sets as a child that I enjoyed. She has only played with this two times and is not interested. It is a cute well made set & the characters have outfit changes.
on December 17, 2011
Sewing cards have always been a great simple toy for toddlers to have fun and practice how to use their hands to do a job....... but to combine that concept with the paper doll concept at the same time is awesome. I love that they are actually sewing the clothes on the dolls ! And to make them wooden and there fore durable was brilliant. I great basic learning toy for kids. I love this product!
on April 27, 2015
These are exactly as pictured. They come with several bears with several outfits. I found helping my 6 year old lace and unlace them as slightly tedious, but if you're very patient these are an excellent exercise in helping a child learn some basic skills.
on January 18, 2012
My daughter loves this bear. The box has no lid, so pieces get lost, and it's a pain in the rear to store. The product pic for this listing is deceptive, as it makes it look as though there are multiple bears, but the description is accurate: one bear, two laces, several outfits. You can replace the laces if they get banged up, or try skinnier laces with different feels to them.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on October 8, 2014
I don't like this toy because the pieces are made of cheap wood and the holes are not smoothed inside. After a few minutes of play I found a splinter, and when I looked inside one of the lacing holes it looked like more splinters were ready to get caught on the laces and come out. Now I have to figure out how to donate this toy without upsetting my daughter! If the wood had been smoothed, I'd probably give this 4 or 5 stars. But it's cheaply made, unfortunately.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Dear Amazon Customer,
Thank you for your comments on the lacing bear dress up. I would love to speak with you to get some additional information and help you with this. Please call me at #800-284-3948.
Thanks!