5.0 out of 5 stars best travel toy there is!
Published on November 2, 2010 by Laura Bethard

3.0 out of 5 stars Driving fun
The puzzle is sturdy and looks nice. However, many of the vehicles get in the way of others and it is just too tight/full of stuff. It would be better if there were 2 or 3 less vehicles and there was more room and some open spots/available roadways.

Published on March 10, 2011 by J. Giesbrecht

5.0 out of 5 stars best travel toy there is!, November 2, 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Deluxe Wooden Vehicles Maze Puzzle (Toy)
I bought this for an international flight - my son was 18 months and into vehicles of all types. I wanted something that would hold his attention but didn't have a bunch of loose parts I'd have to pick up off the floor. This was perfect. I actually keep it in reserve, as a special "bribe" toy he doesn't get to play with every day. It's really got staying power, too. It came out at our halloween party this weekend, and my friend's six year old played with it for 20 minutes, making up elaborate stories for why the vehicles were going to each of the destinations. I would buy this again, but it's so durable I am pretty sure I'll never have to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun "hands on" maze!, December 3, 2009
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Deluxe Wooden Vehicles Maze Puzzle (Toy)
This wooden maze puzzle is a good exercise in problem solving. The child has to figure out how to move various vehicles out of the path of other vehicles in order to take each car, truck, ambulance, etc. to its home. My school kids enjoy using this puzzle because it is different from the puzzles they typically complete.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun toy or so I thought, April 12, 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Deluxe Wooden Vehicles Maze Puzzle (Toy)
I thought this puzzle looked really neat so I ordered it for my son. I had seen it before in the store and he even played with it. Well, he doesn't seem to think it's as cool as I do. He gets frustrated that the trucks do not come off the board. I, on the other hand, like that since I don't have to worry about missing pieces. I think he might just be a little young yet for this, but I think he'll end up liking it when he's closer to 3 years old. I think its a great idea/activity, especially for the long car rides!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great traveling toy, September 19, 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Deluxe Wooden Vehicles Maze Puzzle (Toy)
My two year old grandson played with this for 8 straight hours while on a roadtrip. No loose pieces. Great

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Puzzle, October 3, 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Deluxe Wooden Vehicles Maze Puzzle (Toy)
Although it took a long time to receive this puzzle, it was worth the wait. My kids love trying to figure out how to maneuver the vehicles to get them to a building. I would recommend this for children over 2. It takes a lot of fine motor coordination to move the vehicles.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun with no pieces to lose!, July 15, 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Deluxe Wooden Vehicles Maze Puzzle (Toy)
We bought this and the farm one like it for a long road trip (because we didn't want to have to pick up or lose missing pieces along the way), and my three-year-old loved it. Even better, 12 month old loved it too, and I had expected it to be a little too advanced for him. Now, four months later, it barely looks used and it still gets lots o' loving!

3.0 out of 5 stars Driving fun, March 10, 2011
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Deluxe Wooden Vehicles Maze Puzzle (Toy)

My kids don't complain, but I am pretty sure it would get more use if it were designed with a little more flexibility for play.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality is lower than expected, July 7, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Deluxe Wooden Vehicles Maze Puzzle (Toy)
I love Melissa & Doug products, in particular their puzzles and maze type toys. I bought this for my very car-avid son. He LOVES the maze and it definitely can keep his attention for a decent amount of time. However, I expect this brand of toys to be very good quality and more "upscale". Within the first 2 days of using it, my son had managed to rip two of the car STICKERS off their cars. I was very disappointed to see that the car designs were poorly affixed stickers. I was able to glue them back on and, so far, he hasn't taken them off again. But, like I said, i expect more from Melissa & Doug products and was sad that this was of somewhat cheaper quality.

2.0 out of 5 stars not for a two year old, October 5, 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Deluxe Wooden Vehicles Maze Puzzle (Toy)
This is probably a great toy but i got it for my two year old and it was rather confusing and he was never interested in it. Also, it is a little confusing to me. Does that sound dense? I would say this puzzle is for a five year old and up. it might be fun to drive around the cars but they are always turning upside down, etc. which ads to the confusing nature of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars fun for 3+ age, July 14, 2010
D O (Pacific Northwest) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Deluxe Wooden Vehicles Maze Puzzle (Toy)
Our son loves vehicles, and got this puzzle when he was around 2 years old. He was frustrated because he could not easily slide the vehicles around the track (takes some dexterity to go around the right angles) and by the fact that the vehicles do not come off. So he completely lost interest and it sat unused for a year. Now, though, at 3 1/2 years, he loves it and plays with it independently, multiple times a day--he can slide the vehicles around, and he will spend lots of time making up stories about where the vehicles are going and what they are doing at the different locations. It seems durable and well constructed.

Melissa & Doug Deluxe Wooden Vehicles Maze Puzzle