5.0 out of 5 stars Granddaughters loved it.
Published on March 28, 2012 by Mamie

3.0 out of 5 stars Over the top girliness!
Pros:
Durable reusable stickers. Held up to my four year old attempting to remove them.
A variety of stickers that a little girly girl loves.
An unbeatable price. Five bucks? Great!

Cons:
Difficult for four year old to remove stickers herself, although it helps considerably to remove the full
surrounding excess "sticker"...
Published on December 31, 2011 by Kendra Dixon

3.0 out of 5 stars Over the top girliness!, December 31, 2011
Pros:
A variety of stickers that a little girly girl loves.
An unbeatable price. Five bucks? Great!

Cons:
surrounding excess "sticker" material.
Difficult to flip between scenes and stickers. We ended up pulling all the scenes out to make it easier.

My MAIN con and reason for removal of stars, though, is the content. I mean, I'm pretty flexible when it comes to gender-based toys, but REALLY! The "scenes" available are
1. pajamas
2. ballerina (although some on this page look like lingere nighties)
3. "dress up"- princess/fairy/hippie/cowgirl/cat
4. BEAUTY PAGEANT.. WHAT!? They even have bathing suits with little sashes across them. Crazy.
5. Bridal party.

My girly-girl dress-up princess LOVES all the dresses, and it's easy enough to remove the ones I actually find inappropriate, but I would love to see Melissa and Doug be a bit more progressive and include more gender neutral choices like fireman/doctor/teacher/scientist. There are so many possiblities!

5.0 out of 5 stars Granddaughters loved it., March 28, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Dress-Up Reusable Sticker Pad (Toy)
I originally purchased 4 of these for my granddaughters...ages 6,5,3 and 2. I immediately saw that they would be hard for the younger two to use.The stickers are somewhat tricky to remove for tiny hands as they seem to catch at certain points...since they are reusable there is no backing to peel off but they have to be gently taken out of the sheet. Having said that, the 6 and 5 year old girls had a GREAT time with them. Kind of like the old Colorforms but more durable. Very good for the imagination. They were comparing the outfits they created and even drawing pictures of them. Lots of fun for a quiet afternoon...just keep the littler ones away. Melissa and Doug also make one of these with a house motif...sort of like a dollhouse. They loved that as well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Princesses, beauty pageants, weddings oh my, February 5, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Dress-Up Reusable Sticker Pad (Toy)
I have no complaints with the product, stickers are sturdy and my 2.5 year old loves playing with it. The content though is horrendous. Seriously, a beauty pageant and wedding scene? I'm used to all the princess stuff but this was over the top. Can't we have some scenes with kids going to school or playing in the snow or something? Disappointed in Melissa and Doug for this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars It's okay but there are far better toys, December 20, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Dress-Up Reusable Sticker Pad (Toy)
My daughter received this as a gift, and has spent some hours with it. I like that the clothing stickers are reusable and there are multiple scenes. However, the clothing and scenes are unapologetic stereotyping, and the clothing can not be used on multiple pages as the pictured girls are in different poses. Thus the dresses from one scene all have raised arms, while the arms in another scene are all down. This is frustrating for the small people. In addition the pages began falling out of the binding almost immediately, so the book is now in pieces and it is hard to keep everything together. I would feel better about this toy if the clothing and scenes were more interchangeable, and if there were some less stereotyped clothing options. I wouldn't buy this again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Creative play, September 1, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Dress-Up Reusable Sticker Pad (Toy)
I was looking for something like the Color Forms that were available when my kids were little. These were close. But the pages are large which made them awkward for taking them with us when the kids needed to be quietly entertained. I liked the fact that there were multiple backgrounds. But it did seem strange that the gloves were all made for the left hand. No right-handed gloves were found. The individual items are reusable multiple times and that was good. But getting them off the background meant bending the background. While an adult could do it without bending the background, the kids found that challenging. We used these with children aged 2, 3, and 5. The 5-year-old twins found it most entertaining. The 3 year old was mildly entertained. And the 2 year old stuck with it for only a few minutes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kept my daughter entertained for DAYS!, August 5, 2013
Paige Davis (Arlington, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Dress-Up Reusable Sticker Pad (Toy)
I bought this for my three-year-old daughter to play with during our annual week-long lake vacation. She wanted to play with it on our very first day there and then played with it every single day after that. She did not have much trouble peeling the "stickers" off, and she loved changing the outfits on the girls. I agree with a previous poster about the gloves all being for the right hand. Seems like a design flaw, but not a big deal. The only con I would mention is that once all the stickers are peeled off, it becomes a little bit of a nightmare to keep them organized for re-use. But at this price, I think I might just order a couple more new ones for upcoming vacations. (We have the sticker book where you can decorate rooms in a house as well and this one was played with SO much more than that one.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for road trip, August 6, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Dress-Up Reusable Sticker Pad (Toy)
I bought this for my daughter for our long road trip. It was great! She expanded the fun by adding the cling-stickers to the windows.

2.0 out of 5 stars not what i expected, July 23, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Dress-Up Reusable Sticker Pad (Toy)
not pleased at all. the pages started to fall apart after only a half an hour , the quality is very poor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, August 27, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Dress-Up Reusable Sticker Pad (Toy)
Melissa & Doug, as usual, always have cute, creative activities for kids. I like that these came with multiple outfits for each set of dolls and I also liked that the dolls were from a variety of ethnicities.

5.0 out of 5 stars colorforms?, December 27, 2012
Libby (South Shore, MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Dress-Up Reusable Sticker Pad (Toy)
I bought these for my daughter for christmas. she is 2.5 and loves them.They are very similar to colorforms but they stay stored in a book.

Melissa & Doug Dress-Up Reusable Sticker Pad