4.0 out of 5 stars This chalk is fine!
Published on August 29, 2011 by stephaniesays

Published 13 months ago by Cajun Gourmet

4.0 out of 5 stars This chalk is fine!, August 29, 2011
stephaniesays (Gainesville, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Eraser and Chalk Bundle (Toy)
I have to say that I had no idea how hard it would be to FIND colored chalk at a store so I turned to Amazon of course. Then I was astounded at the array of choices and many reviews of different chalk products. Finally i went with Melissa and Doug. I have to say that I was a little nervous since some reviewers seem to think this chalk is so crappy. BUT, I'm happy to say, it's fine! the colors are beautiful and yes some of the chalk has broken but I'm not sure what kinds of chalk people are using that never snaps in half. I'm happy with my Melissa and Doug chalk.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not to much to say about chalk..., February 29, 2012
CherylDiana (WARNER ROBINS, GA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Eraser and Chalk Bundle (Toy)
Bought this product to use on a chalk board me my children created in the kitchen using chalk board paint. The chalk is thick enough for my kids to use without breaking the pieces and the eraser fits perfectly in the frame we put around our chalk board area.

3.0 out of 5 stars Shipping chalk is problematic, no matter how carefully it may be packaged, October 12, 2013
Cajun Gourmet (the beautiful South) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Eraser and Chalk Bundle (Toy)
Apparently, any jarring to the shipping box will cause breakage in the sealed chalk boxes, no matter how carefully the box is packaged. It may be broken even before it is shipped to you. I think every piece of white chalk was broken and every colored chalk was broken except two of the same color (red). Most were broken into three or more pieces. This resulted in more inconvenience that I would have liked, but now I know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chalk it up!, September 23, 2013
B The Great (Tucson, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Eraser and Chalk Bundle (Toy)
This chalk is of very good quality. It leaves high-contrast lines and produces minimal dust. A recommended product for any blackboard enthusiast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Broken, but Replaced by Melissa & Doug, Good Quality Overall, May 4, 2013
Penny "Penny" (Orange County, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Eraser and Chalk Bundle (Toy)
I like the chalk. The colors are nice, the writing quality is good, and the pieces are soft with a very small grit, not chunky like with some sidewalk chalks, which would scratch a chalkboard. The eraser is a good size and good quality. The white chalk arrived with a couple of broken pieces, but the softer colored chalk arrived with almost every piece broken. They would likely have gotten broken with use anyway, but who wants to present someone with a new, fun gift, just to see it fall out of the box in bits? I called the company's number from the box right away, and a live human person answered the phone, listened to my concerns, and immediately offered to replace the chalk. I trust this company and I was impressed with their customer service, so I would buy this item again. I would just be prepared for broken pieces if it has been handled roughly in a warehouse or dropped during packaging or shipping. You never can tell. Overall, we play with the chalk every day and enjoy it regardless of the size of the sticks.

5.0 out of 5 stars just what we wanted!, January 21, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Eraser and Chalk Bundle (Toy)
This chalk is nearly dustless and I have no problem letting my 3 year old play with it in the house on her chalk board. A few pieces have broken as she plays with it, but that is to be expected with 3 year olds and chalk! I was pleasantly surprised at the very little amount of dust and the fact that not all have broken yet! Great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality chalk!, January 13, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Eraser and Chalk Bundle (Toy)
Seems to be good quality thick chalk. Didn't have any problems with my pieces of chalk and overall the package was shrink wrapped very tightly to prevent it. Chalk is dustless too - I used it to "prep" my homemade chalkboard by rubbing it all over and didn't have a problem with dust. I did think originally the eraser seemed to just smear the chalk vs. erase it cleanly but I'm not sure what eraser really would get rid of chalk completely. You have to probably rub things a few times to get it off completely and it does leave a whitish residue behind but nothing to complain about as I would expect that of any chalkboard.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality, February 1, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Eraser and Chalk Bundle (Toy)
Quality merchandise . Works well Melissa & Doug products always deliver what you expect. Cool Stuff. Go for the plunge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied with product, January 30, 2014
S. Verrett (Phoenix, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Eraser and Chalk Bundle (Toy)
Good quality. Met expectations and meeting our home schooling needs. Money's worth. Our number 1 brand and best price from Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality and it arrived totally intact., January 28, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Eraser and Chalk Bundle (Toy)
That about says it. It was not easy to find chalk and erasures. It was a fair price and like I said, contrary to many of the reviews, the chalk arrived quickly and totally intact. Yes, I recommend this.

Melissa & Doug Eraser and Chalk Bundle