5.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than Melissa & Doug's semi trucks; neat mechanism...
Aww, I'm such a softie. I bought this lil' old greasy tow truck for my 3˝ year old on a whim. He's had so much fun with the simple Melisa & Doug semi trucks and farm train, and he's been a huge fan of flatbed tow trucks...

Published on August 31, 2012 by Nathaniel Allen

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite Melissa & Doug item by far!
Published 11 months ago by Tiffany Kuhlmeyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than Melissa & Doug's semi trucks; neat mechanism..., August 31, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Flatbed Tow Truck (Toy)

This truck is quite a bit larger in scale than the other Melissa and Doug vehicles we own, and as a result it proved instantly more engaging. The bed of the truck pivots down to meet the floor, so the car can be "hoisted" on (no actual hoist provided -- you'll have to use your imagination), but the bed of the truck has grooves to keep the car from sliding off sideways, and a retractable plastic hook at the head end that latches into the underside of the car. And the car has a catch at both ends, so it can be put on facing either forward or reverse. That may seem like a minor point, but was a major talking point for our son.

Another cute, simple toy from M&D that gets heavy applause from the primary user.

5.0 out of 5 stars Melissa & Doug Flatbed Tow Truck, August 12, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Flatbed Tow Truck (Toy)
My 2 1/2 year-old grandson loves this truck. Of course, he loves any kind of truck, but he loves to see tow trucks on the highway and enjoys playing with this well-made toy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite Melissa & Doug item by far!, December 31, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Flatbed Tow Truck (Toy)
I am a huge fan of Melissa & Doug stuff and my children have quite a few of their items. Although this truck is of good quality in regard to the wood I am a little disappointed in the towing feature. The car does not "lock" onto the bed as the description says and within 5 minutes of my 3.5 year old son playing with it he was in tears due to frustration as the car wouldn't stay! I was able to get it to lock if I was very careful but as soon as my son sped off with it the car detached again. Other than that, it is an alright toy but if that is a feature you are looking for it doesn't work very well. I wouldn't buy again as it isn't exceptional in any way but my son does play with it still.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy!, June 18, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Flatbed Tow Truck (Toy)
My son is two and absolutely loves this toy. He loves trucks. The car his held on with a little plastic latch. It's sturdy but easy enough to push so my son can release the car from the truck with no problems. I definitely a toy I'd recommend to all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Melissa & Doug missed the mark on this one., August 9, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Flatbed Tow Truck (Toy)
My kids really love Melissa & Doug toys, and I have always been impressed with the craftsmanship and durability. However this particular toy was a big disappointment. There is a plastic hook on the tow truck that is supposed to hold the little red car in place... well if you have the patience of a saint you can kind of/sort of get the hook to hold the car in place, but as soon as you move the tow truck off pops the little red car.

My kids still like the tow truck... they just put smaller matchbox cars on the back of it. However, considering what it was supposed to do it's a big no from me. Melissa & Doug missed the mark on this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great basic toy, you can't go wrong with a truck!, January 10, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Flatbed Tow Truck (Toy)
No sounds so it is nice and simple- a classic toy for 1-5 year olds :) Great size too, love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandson loves this, January 7, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Flatbed Tow Truck (Toy)
Well built and colorful. Grandson loves playing with both Melissa & Doug trucks that we gave him. They should last until my grandson can drive a real vehicle!

5.0 out of 5 stars great item, December 9, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Flatbed Tow Truck (Toy)
My son loves playing with flatbed tow truck. He always says somebody had an accident and needs a tow. Very life like.

5.0 out of 5 stars shared by three, December 8, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Flatbed Tow Truck (Toy)
I bought this for my two year old grand son but his 5 year old twin siblings are enjoying it as well. What is there NOT to like about M & D wooden toys-especially the trucks? PS I also bought the horse truck, recycling truck and the transporter, love all of them. They are made the way toys used to be made- sturdy and safe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and good gift, September 18, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Flatbed Tow Truck (Toy)
Hid this truck in a bag and surprised my son with it on the 25 hour plane ride. He loved it. Rolls well and the car can be released by the push of a button (he really likes that). He is only 1.5 years old but figured out quickly how to drive the car up and then truck it away, I like the wood construction (note: some of the mechanics are plastic, so are the wheels)

Melissa & Doug Flatbed Tow Truck