Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Aww, I'm such a softie. I bought this lil' old greasy tow truck for my 3½ year old on a whim. He's had so much fun with the simple Melisa & Doug semi trucks and farm train, and he's been a huge fan of flatbed tow trucks...

This truck is quite a bit larger in scale than the other Melissa and Doug vehicles we own, and as a result it proved instantly more engaging. The bed of the truck pivots down to meet the floor, so the car can be "hoisted" on (no actual hoist provided -- you'll have to use your imagination), but the bed of the truck has grooves to keep the car from sliding off sideways, and a retractable plastic hook at the head end that latches into the underside of the car. And the car has a catch at both ends, so it can be put on facing either forward or reverse. That may seem like a minor point, but was a major talking point for our son.

Another cute, simple toy from M&D that gets heavy applause from the primary user.
on December 31, 2013
I am a huge fan of Melissa & Doug stuff and my children have quite a few of their items. Although this truck is of good quality in regard to the wood I am a little disappointed in the towing feature. The car does not "lock" onto the bed as the description says and within 5 minutes of my 3.5 year old son playing with it he was in tears due to frustration as the car wouldn't stay! I was able to get it to lock if I was very careful but as soon as my son sped off with it the car detached again. Other than that, it is an alright toy but if that is a feature you are looking for it doesn't work very well. I wouldn't buy again as it isn't exceptional in any way but my son does play with it still.
on June 18, 2012
My son is two and absolutely loves this toy. He loves trucks. The car his held on with a little plastic latch. It's sturdy but easy enough to push so my son can release the car from the truck with no problems. I definitely a toy I'd recommend to all.
on August 9, 2014
My kids really love Melissa & Doug toys, and I have always been impressed with the craftsmanship and durability. However this particular toy was a big disappointment. There is a plastic hook on the tow truck that is supposed to hold the little red car in place... well if you have the patience of a saint you can kind of/sort of get the hook to hold the car in place, but as soon as you move the tow truck off pops the little red car.

My kids still like the tow truck... they just put smaller matchbox cars on the back of it. However, considering what it was supposed to do it's a big no from me. Melissa & Doug missed the mark on this one.
on December 8, 2012
I bought this for my two year old grand son but his 5 year old twin siblings are enjoying it as well. What is there NOT to like about M & D wooden toys-especially the trucks? PS I also bought the horse truck, recycling truck and the transporter, love all of them. They are made the way toys used to be made- sturdy and safe.
on November 11, 2013
My son has a few other Melissa & Doug products and he loves to play with them. I love that they are wooden and look a lot like toys I played with in my childhood. I ordered him this truck and it lived up to the expectation I have come to have for their products. He loves to push it around the floor making "beep beep" sounds. At 20 months old he is already a big fan of trucks, cars and anything else that has wheels and will GO. This toy is perfect for growing a child's imagination. And I certainly don't think it is limited to little boys, girls would like to play with this too. I feel this will last a while, unlike some of the plastic junk he has. I will be buying other Melissa and Doug products in the future, that's for sure.
on September 18, 2014
Hid this truck in a bag and surprised my son with it on the 25 hour plane ride. He loved it. Rolls well and the car can be released by the push of a button (he really likes that). He is only 1.5 years old but figured out quickly how to drive the car up and then truck it away, I like the wood construction (note: some of the mechanics are plastic, so are the wheels)
on January 15, 2014
I love classic wooden toys and thought this would be great. The first truck's latch would not work and the car wasn't able to hook on to the plastic latch on the flatbed. We shipped it back and requested an exchange. The second truck had a huge break in the seam of the wood on the front of the truck. There was a gap running lengthwise on the front of the truck....kinda like two pieces of wood were glued together and for some reason split apart and warped. We just ended up shipping it back and requesting a refund. I was disappointed.
on August 12, 2012
My 2 1/2 year-old grandson loves this truck. Of course, he loves any kind of truck, but he loves to see tow trucks on the highway and enjoys playing with this well-made toy.
on May 26, 2014
Our 2 year old loves cars, and this purchase was a real winner. I got it as a non-food item for his Easter basket, and it has easily gotten more use than anything else from the basket. It is a quality wooden truck and car set and has stood up to quite a beating from our very rough toddler. My husband was surprised at just how much playtime these toys have already gotten.