5.0 out of 5 stars Great design plus here's an idea for more cards
I have a 3yr old and a 1yr old so this game is fun for both of them. My 3yr old plays the memory game. My 1yr old likes to open and close the doors. I anticipate that my 3yr old will evenually memorize the cards but I'm pretty sure I could create my own new cards.
1) Trace a game card and cut out new card
2) Place blank card into wooden slot and then draw all...
Published on August 28, 2008 by Rachael

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for car, but heavy for plane
These are very sturdy, wooden, nicely made and hold up. But they are too heavy for the airplane. Good for car trips.
Published 18 months ago by AJ

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design plus here's an idea for more cards, August 28, 2008
1) Trace a game card and cut out new card
2) Place blank card into wooden slot and then draw all the circles onto the card
3) Remove the card then place pairs of stickers over the circles
Voila! A new game card.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another delightful toy from Melissa & Doug, June 27, 2008
This is a delightful, durable memory game that can be played in the car or trailer or at home. My grandchildren all love to get it out and play with it together or alone. The different cards give each child a "favorite" game board. I do wish I could buy more cards, as the children have started memorizing their favorites. Great toy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for travel, August 28, 2008
This was a great game for the airplane. The kids (4 and 6) had fun with it and the pieces are all attached so they can't be dropped or lost.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for car, but heavy for plane, April 13, 2013
AJ (Twin Cities) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun in the car, August 30, 2009
I bought this for our road trip to Montana. 14 hours each way including the stops! I have a 5 1/2 and a 3 1/2. Both enjoyed this game in thier own way. My oldest played somewhat appropriately. Youngest just liked flipping the doors and looking at the pictures. They tired of it pretty quick though. Only about 30 minutes of play before it was tossed aside. I plan on using it for other rides in the future since they will only get better at understanding how to play.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great (but loud) car toy, June 14, 2011
My 4 year old has had this game for 2 years and still plays with it in the car. He has memorized most of the matches but still loves it. I have limited patience with it on long car trips because when he flips all the doors closed after playing each game they are SO LOUD. It has woken up his baby brother before, so the rule is usually that the little one needs to be awake when he plays with it. Otherwise it's a great design and very sturdy for a good car toy. (I probably wouldn't take it on a plane, as it's wooden and therefore a bit bulky and heavy, but maybe no more so than a large hardcover book.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Travel Game for the Younger Crowd - ages 2-4, April 5, 2011
My daughter got this for a present when she was five years old. It was wonderful for many hours of play but she quickly memorized where things were on the interchangeable boards.

Overall, the game is very well thought out. It can be played with one or more players but really makes for a great solitaire game for a child. There is a great variety of cards that store inside the game and all the flip tiles are attached with an elastic band.

It is listed as good for ages 5-10 but I believe that many children in this age range may be bored within an hour. I think this is a great idea but really ideal for a child from 2-4. Beyond that, it will not have a lot of lasting play when they learn where all the matches are. A great game for a group of children (preschool or nursery school) because they may come back to it months later.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea, Great Game but don't buy this one., August 22, 2010
I love Melissa and Doug toys and I love the idea of a travel memory game! I bought it for my foster children who are behind in school, hoping to give them an educational toy they could play over and over. It didn't happen. After two times of playing a board, one of the children who is in first grade but should be in kindergarten had the board memorized. It now sits in the closet and they have no interest in playing it. Again love the idea, but buy their hangman instead.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the Concept and Game, Hate the Tiles!!, July 31, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Flip to Win Memory Game
Got this game for my daughter and we really love it! The wooden board itself is very sturdy and made well and you get 7 cards that slide very easily into the board (numbers, farm, vehicles, shapes, colors, fruit, and zoo) and you can store all 7 cards in it at once, even while playing so it's nice to know we won't lose them. The board is very colorfully decorated and also has 2 small number lines at the bottom with moveable wooden pointers so you can keep track of who is winning. I also like that all the cards are two sided with the animals or fruits for example in different spots, so it makes it harder to memorize where everything is after repeated times playing the cards.

This is a great educational tool for memory, as well as vocabulary building in general. For example, the vehicles card has a cop car, train, boat, fire truck, ambulance, taxi, and helicopter to name a few, which is great for teaching younger children specific types of vehicles. My daughter is only 2 and a half so traditional play of this game is too hard for her right now but we still like opening the tiles and having her name the different colors, objects, etc or having her find one that I name. So there are more educational options to play than just the traditional rules. This is a great travel game or fun to just play at home together.

As much as I love this game, as with all Melissa and Doug painted toys, the paint chips off very easily after repeated uses. But my biggest complaint would be the blue tiles - you can't open them all the way without covering up the picture next to it, which is annoying and makes playing more difficult. Trying to open one, your fingers tend to knock down the tile next to it because there's not that much space between each tile; the tiles are attached to elastic bands and snap loudly when closing the tiles as well. Despite this, it's still a fun learning game.

5.0 out of 5 stars travel with me!, February 18, 2011
I have yet to break down and buy a DVD player for the car but I bought this for travel and it was a huge hit on our last journey. The game is durable my favorite Melissa and Doug toy thus far (and I'm a huge fan). The windows are covered with squares of wood and are secured to board...no way you will have loose pieces all over your car/plane/etc. The cards are easy to change (and have different patterns on each side)and, as one other poster noted, making your own set would not be a problem.
My little guy is three and now I pack this game when I go to appointments as well....easy to transport and not a ton of pieces, makes it all easy.

Well worth the cash.