4.0 out of 5 stars No cover for all pieces!
Published on August 29, 2009 by Kelley

3.0 out of 5 stars Magnetic Dress -up
This is a nice toy. My daughter loves it. I only wish it came in a closed case for storage.
Published on March 6, 2011 by nic_amazonreviewer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars No cover for all pieces!, August 29, 2009
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Best Friends forever Deluxe Magnetic Dress - Up (Toy)
I just purchased this set for my 2.5 yr old twins because it had so many dolls to share and play with. They love to dress the dolls and the wood seems very sturdy so far. We have the Maggie Leigh magnetic doll from Melissa & Doug as well. What I don't like about this set is that it comes with a flimsy plastic cover that the dolls sit on top of and the clothes sit underneath the plastic. With the Maggie Leigh- all the pieces fit under the clear sliding plastic groove lid. She is easier to transport and put away. There is no lid for this set! Imagine what I clean up everyday with all these pieces! Melissa & Doug should have designed this set the same way as their others- with a real cover!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun!!!, August 30, 2009
C. Corkle (Middle of Nowhere, NE) - See all my reviews
My three-year-old daughter got this present for her birthday and absolutely loves these dolls. The style of the clothes are a little out-dated but my daughter doesn't care about fashion, YET ;) These dolls bring me back to my childhood of playing with paper dolls. I love how durable they are. The box does not come with a lid, I had my husband make one for it and now it is perfect. We LOVE this toy and will be buying more dolls, my daughter thinks there needs to be a daddy doll.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great upgrade to a classic toy!, August 21, 2009
I had paper dolls as a kid, so finding this toy for my niece was delight! She is having all the fun I had as a kid, but this version has no little paper tabs that tear off like in the old days. The funny thing is, my mom (age 57) and sister (age 23) had just as much fun playing with this as my niece (age 3)! Great toy, and another great product from Melissa & Doug.

3.0 out of 5 stars Magnetic Dress -up, March 6, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy but watch out for water!, August 14, 2012
Arie Farnam (Mnichovice, Czech Republic) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
I love this thing. It is one of the best toys I've seen in ages. The minute I saw my three-year-old playing with one at my brother's house, I knew what her birthday present was going to be and she does love it. It is easy enough for a kid without major dexterity yet. The figures aren't all blonde or even all white! Good chance one might look at least slightly like your girl. The clothes are also much more modern and nice looking than most similar sets and there is no early sexualization about this. The clothes are real, nice and fun and good for normal people. That said beware. It looks sturdy but the surface is just paper and any moisture or water spilled on it will ruin it. My daughter, who is normally far past the oral stage, put the shoes in her mouth and wrecked them somewhat with her saliva. The surface is paper, not painted on with sturdy paints. That should have been done better. Even without putting them in someone's mouth, moisture will wreck them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Needs a cover, July 6, 2013
Atredes (Boise Idaho) - See all my reviews
My daughter (5-years old) loves doing dramatic play with these. Her babysitter brought over something similar; however, I like these much better. They are fairly thick and the pieces aren't easily lost. As other reviews have stated, the box needs a cover...

5.0 out of 5 stars loving the toy itself, March 13, 2011
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
We love these dolls. They are so cute and nice. They have dresses, shorts, skirts, pants, tops, dresses, shoes... the works. The only thing that I don't like about all of these Melissa and Doug sets is that they come in super nice heavy boxes that only have the plastic wrap on them.... NO cover! I took the set out and store it in a plastic shoe box size container from the dollar store. Shame to not be able to use the nice box that it comes in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good one, January 12, 2011
Natasha (Wisconsin, USA) - See all my reviews
This is a very fun toy for both my three-year-old and me to play with! I really appreciate the diversity of the dolls. I agree, it should have a lid. Also, the clothes could be a little... cuter. We have a Melissa & Doug Abby & Emma Deluxe Magnetic Dress-Up set as well, and I like the clothes in that one a lot better (unfortunately, they are not interchangeable with this set). Still, there are quite a few choices here, the pieces are quite durable, and the set is a lot of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, April 14, 2014
Preschoolers and Kindergarten girls just love to play with this! Would recommend this to anyone who has kids this age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift, March 7, 2014
Lilred93 (Henderson, NV USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this item for a gift for our grandchild. Item was exactly as described. Arrived quickly and in good shape.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›