5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome
Published on March 15, 2012 by Twylashea

1.0 out of 5 stars Shocked at good reviews
I am shocked to come and see the great reviews for this toy. I will say, my child enjoyed it the first few times he played with it. BUT, the stickers do not stay on the pages well AT ALL. I now have zillions of little reusable stickers I have to get back in the book or storage bag and they fall off the pages. I am now finding these stickers everywhere. Now that they are...
Published on December 14, 2012 by piankmama

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 15, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Habitats Reusable Sticker Pad (Toy)
These are awesome. My 18 month old daughter will spend an hour playing with all the scenes. I have found if they loose their stickiness I just give the scene a wipe with water and dry well or the individual piece (this vary rarely) and they work like new. Probably the skin oils (or grime that kids get from everywhere) build up or something. I'm going to put the scene pages in a scrapbook with a little pocket on the back of each one for the stickers. It should save them from getting everywhere and teach the LO about clean up too. Awesome product though. Should last her a long, long time. Just wish she would stop drowning the horses in the ocean though. ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best toy in this price range I've ever purchased!, December 1, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Habitats Reusable Sticker Pad (Toy)
I bought one of these for my 5 yr old and one for my 2 yr old for a long road trip. Because of the large size, they are not perfect for in the car, but overall I was amazed at the quality and fun-ness of this toy considering the price. Both our 5 yr old and 2 yr old have had so much fun setting up the various scenes from this 'sticker' set.

The 2 yr old needed help getting the stickers off the sheet. I figured out that removing the surrounding white area from each sticker sheet, leaving the stickers in place, before giving it to my children, was the best way to reduce the frustration of trying to get each sticker out of its spot.

I will definitely be purchasing more of these for gifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Year latter and these stickers are still being played with!, November 29, 2012
Bev S. (San Antonio, Texas, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Habitats Reusable Sticker Pad (Toy)
My test for a good toy is how much use does it get over how long a period of time. If on top of that it is also educational that's the ultimate. This sticker book "rocks". I bought it as a Christmas gift for my 3 1/2 year old child and at 4 1/2 she's still enjoying it. It grew with her. Now she's using it for pretend play and story telling. The stickers work as window clings as well as in the scenes provided for them in the book. Two negatives: One, the pages did come free of the binding with much use but they work fine unbound. Two, the stickers did leave a dark spot on the paper backgrounds in the book when they were left in place for too long. It is best to store them on their original white page rather than leaving them on a dark background for months at a time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this!, January 14, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Habitats Reusable Sticker Pad (Toy)
My 2 year old daughter loves stickers and this is a great alternative to the "normal" stickers and reusable aspect saves money. My favorite part is it comes with scenes where the animals live. This makes it much more functional.

5.0 out of 5 stars Work great on windows too!, January 13, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Habitats Reusable Sticker Pad (Toy)
Melissa & Doug have done it again: created something that kids love and that parent's don't hate.

My 2 year old son got these for Christmas from his aunt and uncle and LOVES them! I thought they were going to be regular stickers (groan) but they don't stick on the walls or furniture, are reusable, and SUPER durable!

They're meant for the different habitats provided, but they stick even better on windows! My son loves creating scenes on his bedroom windows with the different animal groups and we name them together while he puts them up so educational bonus!

Great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm pretty frugal so I used to buy them from Dollar ..., January 2, 2015
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Habitats Reusable Sticker Pad (Toy)
These are the only stickers we'll probably ever buy. My child loves stickers ever since she was 18 months old (she's now 2). I'm pretty frugal so I used to buy them from Dollar Tree since I figured the Melissa and Doug were too expensive for my rough toddler. I was SO wrong. They are NOT regular stickers so they don't have the glue on the back and they're pretty thick so a toddler would have to work hard to rip them. The colors are vibrant and the quality is excellent. We use this as a teaching tool too so it's more than just entertainment for us. My daughter puts the stickers back to the original page after she's done and hasn't lost interest in them for 10 days now (which is an eternity in toddler time).

5.0 out of 5 stars So many uses, November 5, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Habitats Reusable Sticker Pad (Toy)
We love this and bought it for our 18 month old. These stick to any smooth surface, so they're everywhere in our house. Windows incl car windows, mirrors, oven door (ours doesn't get hot), the fish tank, any smooth hardcover book, our hardwood and kitchen floors, fun in the bath too.

One thing I would caution against is letting younger kids, or many any kids, have full access to ALL the stickers. There is a ton of stickers here, and it might drive you crazy finding them everywhere. Pick out maybe 5-10 bigger ones from each page and save the others. Swap them out occasionally, use them to replace lost ones, or hand them over when the kid is old enough to take care of them. Really, this is sound advice for ANY toy that comes with tons of bits and pieces.

My only complaint is that the binding sucks and falls apart pretty easy. A spiral binding would be spectacular on future products.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly stickers...., September 5, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Habitats Reusable Sticker Pad (Toy)
So my 2 year old son absolutely loves sticker books. He likes to peel the stickers and usually I find them everywhere except the book. lol But he loves them so I don't mind. Mellisa and Doug have great toys for kids. I like this sticker book. The stickers are big and there's plenty of scenes to put the stickers on. But they aren't regular stickers. This might even be stated on the product info, but I didn't see it. They are the static cling type stickers. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, just not what I was expecting. So I thought I would share this info. Overall my son loves all the animals, especially all the dinosaurs. So in the end that's what matters for the most part.

4.0 out of 5 stars reusable stickers!!!, August 31, 2013
Erin (Santa Barbara, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Habitats Reusable Sticker Pad (Toy)
I thought the stickers wouldn't actually hold up in a toddler's hands. It has! This is a great sticker book with different scenes that my toddler loves. there are tons of stickers! she can reuse them and place them on different pages. a great purchase to take with us on the road.

5.0 out of 5 stars Storage Solution!, November 9, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Habitats Reusable Sticker Pad (Toy)
My family grew up with Stik-ees which are window clings that come cut in shapes, but are only one color. So to get multicolored designs you had layer the cut out pieces. My grandma used them, my mom uses them, and I use them. However, I thought some progress must have been made since then... I wanted something a bit easier to work with and play with for my son, even though i will continue to use Stik-ees as household decorations. I was excited to find this set by Melissa & Doug with all sorts of cut outs with printed images on the front... from zoo to dinosaurs and from the farm to the deep sea.... What a great variety! I am sure we are going to have a lot of fun with these.

Storage: A lot of reviewers complained about storage issues and that over time they are throwing out pieces because they cannot take the mess of them being all over the ground. What you need to get is a Stik-ees storage binder with extra sheets. They are vinyl sheets that you put 2 legal size papers between each page so they do not stick together. Then you can store all these vinyl animals in the binder... which also has the advantage of allowing your child to see the scene board and the vinyl animals at the same time (which makes playing easier than switching back and forth between pages in the pad). I have quite a number of pages in my binder and have used them for Stik-ees as well as for vinyl printed stickers like this item from Melissa and Doug. It works great!

Melissa & Doug Habitats Reusable Sticker Pad