Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Melissa & Doug Habitats Reusable Sticker Pad
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 15, 2012
These are awesome. My 18 month old daughter will spend an hour playing with all the scenes. I have found if they loose their stickiness I just give the scene a wipe with water and dry well or the individual piece (this vary rarely) and they work like new. Probably the skin oils (or grime that kids get from everywhere) build up or something. I'm going to put the scene pages in a scrapbook with a little pocket on the back of each one for the stickers. It should save them from getting everywhere and teach the LO about clean up too. Awesome product though. Should last her a long, long time. Just wish she would stop drowning the horses in the ocean though. ;)
0Comment| 158 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2015
These are the only stickers we'll probably ever buy. My child loves stickers ever since she was 18 months old (she's now 2). I'm pretty frugal so I used to buy them from Dollar Tree since I figured the Melissa and Doug were too expensive for my rough toddler. I was SO wrong. They are NOT regular stickers so they don't have the glue on the back and they're pretty thick so a toddler would have to work hard to rip them. The colors are vibrant and the quality is excellent. We use this as a teaching tool too so it's more than just entertainment for us. My daughter puts the stickers back to the original page after she's done and hasn't lost interest in them for 10 days now (which is an eternity in toddler time).
review image
11 comment| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2012
My test for a good toy is how much use does it get over how long a period of time. If on top of that it is also educational that's the ultimate. This sticker book "rocks". I bought it as a Christmas gift for my 3 1/2 year old child and at 4 1/2 she's still enjoying it. It grew with her. Now she's using it for pretend play and story telling. The stickers work as window clings as well as in the scenes provided for them in the book. Two negatives: One, the pages did come free of the binding with much use but they work fine unbound. Two, the stickers did leave a dark spot on the paper backgrounds in the book when they were left in place for too long. It is best to store them on their original white page rather than leaving them on a dark background for months at a time.
on April 14, 2016
So many reasons why this is great, and a few reasons why it annoyed me.
The positives: I bought it for my 18 month old and it was perfect for that age: kept her busy for a nice length of time, she couldn't tear the vinyl stickers, and obviously they can be stuck/unstuck infinite number of times. She loves to put them on the windows in her playroom.

The negatives: The different scenes that you're supposed to put the stickers on is just a card stock-type of paper and she had torn one nearly in half within a month. So they aren't the most durable; definitely not for 18 month - 2 year year old. The pages came unglued from the binding of the sticker pad within a month or so, and we were left with random, torn, bent pages scattered around and no way to protect them for long term use. Also, I initially bought the book for use on a plane, but it's actually not great for travel due to larger size (11x14).

ORGANIZATION/STORAGE IDEA! 8 months after I bought this, I found the perfect solution: the Itoya Profolio Series 11 X 14 Inch Art Presentation Portfolio. It has clear pockets for each scene to keep them protected, and I put all the stickers on the opposite page (on top of the clear plastic pocket). It's has enough pages to store at least several M&D Reusable Sticker pads.
It was $15 from amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Itoya-Profolio-Series-Presentation-Portfolio/dp/B00ED3SUA2), but entirely worth it if you're looking for an adequate storage solution that will keep these sticker pads in good shape for a long time to come.
review image review image
on December 1, 2012
I bought one of these for my 5 yr old and one for my 2 yr old for a long road trip. Because of the large size, they are not perfect for in the car, but overall I was amazed at the quality and fun-ness of this toy considering the price. Both our 5 yr old and 2 yr old have had so much fun setting up the various scenes from this 'sticker' set.

The 2 yr old needed help getting the stickers off the sheet. I figured out that removing the surrounding white area from each sticker sheet, leaving the stickers in place, before giving it to my children, was the best way to reduce the frustration of trying to get each sticker out of its spot.

I will definitely be purchasing more of these for gifts.
on January 13, 2013
Melissa & Doug have done it again: created something that kids love and that parent's don't hate.

My 2 year old son got these for Christmas from his aunt and uncle and LOVES them! I thought they were going to be regular stickers (groan) but they don't stick on the walls or furniture, are reusable, and SUPER durable!

They're meant for the different habitats provided, but they stick even better on windows! My son loves creating scenes on his bedroom windows with the different animal groups and we name them together while he puts them up so educational bonus!

Great product!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon June 2, 2015
As a former preschool teacher and the parent of four children, I can easily give the Melissa & Doug Habitats Reusable Sticker Pad a 5-Star Review! The sticker book makes a great gift to have on hand for the kids. The stickers are larger and thicker than the $1 type stickers that you get. I love the habitat pages so you can actually use this for at least 5 different lessons. I have added a picture to show you a creation by a 4 year old. Excellent value! Melissa & Doug is a trusted brand in our house.
on January 14, 2012
My 2 year old daughter loves stickers and this is a great alternative to the "normal" stickers and reusable aspect saves money. My favorite part is it comes with scenes where the animals live. This makes it much more functional.
on October 9, 2015
My 3yo son has had these for a year now and he still enjoys playing with them. I found the best way to keep the stickers is in a binder. I bought some document protectors, slipped a piece of white paper inside, and now I have the perfect spot to keep the stickers while not in use.
on November 5, 2012
We love this and bought it for our 18 month old. These stick to any smooth surface, so they're everywhere in our house. Windows incl car windows, mirrors, oven door (ours doesn't get hot), the fish tank, any smooth hardcover book, our hardwood and kitchen floors, fun in the bath too.

One thing I would caution against is letting younger kids, or many any kids, have full access to ALL the stickers. There is a ton of stickers here, and it might drive you crazy finding them everywhere. Pick out maybe 5-10 bigger ones from each page and save the others. Swap them out occasionally, use them to replace lost ones, or hand them over when the kid is old enough to take care of them. Really, this is sound advice for ANY toy that comes with tons of bits and pieces.

My only complaint is that the binding sucks and falls apart pretty easy. A spiral binding would be spectacular on future products.