Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Melissa & Doug Incredible Illusions Magic Set
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 10, 2007
I purchased two Melissa and Doug Magic sets for my 7 year old son. He has been into magic for years. These sets are by far the highest quality I have ever purchased, and we have a lot of sets. It has wood instead of cheap plastic and very good looking and colorful. The tricks are easy enough to keep the kids interested, yet tough enough to entertain the audience and magician as well. My five year old is even getting into a few tricks. Highly reccommend their products.
on May 26, 2006
Sturdy and well built, I was pleasantly surprised as this toy was more than I expected, especially for the price! Cute tricks but easy enough for my six year old to understand and master with some practice, but with minimal frustration. A great buy!
on January 3, 2007
I bought the Melissa and Doug Enchanted Rings 'n' Things Magic Set for my 6 and 4 year old grandsons. They both loved it. The 6 year old was able to figure out how to do the magic tricks on his own, and the 4 year old (with a little help from his big brother) was too. They do the tricks over and over, so far not losing interest in them at all. The set is extremely well made, and the tricks are appropriate for the age group. It's a great buy!
on January 20, 2008
This is a good magic starter kit. The instructions are easy to understand and the tricks are doable even for my 4 year old. The wooden objects are also quite durable and simple to recognize. I would recommend this for children 4-9 years of age.
on January 6, 2009
All I can say is Wow! My daughter received this for Christmas from Santa and it is something else! She is 9 and can't put it down. Extremely durable and well made. Excellent play value. It is extremely clever and sophisticated, yet basic enough for young kids to *get it* and feel a real sense of having discovered something special. Leads them to **think** in new ways by exploring all of the little hidden inventions that some magician had to come up with to create these illusions. Worth every penny. I wasn't expecting much for this amount of money, but it FAR surpassed. How do they sell this for so little??
on January 6, 2011
We got this toy for my six-year-old son, and although the tricks are age-appropriate, the equipment leaves something to be desired. The box with the flip-up bottom has a very poor hinge design, and either sticks or falls apart. The balls are a bit too large for the cups and are constantly getting stuck inside, and the flap for the "disappearing object" box was put on backwards when the kit arrived. For the price it's okay, and the tricks are easy enough for a child to master, but since Melissa and Doug items are usually a little higher-quality I was rather disappointed.
on March 11, 2009
Gave this to my 8 year old newphew. He was doing magic tricks for the family within no time! Great first magic set!
on December 28, 2008
We bought all 3 of the Melissa and Doug Magic sets for our 12 year old son and we are SO impressed with the quality of them! Our son has had so much fun presenting shows for the family. I can't say enough about their products! Really great stuff and has the old fashioned feel of "Santa's Workshop" toys. ;)
on January 6, 2009
This is a great magic kit for a 6 yr old! Easy to learn and understand and amaze your family and friends. Well built from solid wood and quality materials. Hours and hours of fun and worth the reasonable price. One of the best values I've seen for a "Toy". Would highly recommend.
on December 27, 2007
This is an amazing magic set. My 7yr old LOVES this! It is easy to learn the tricks (with a little help from Mom and Dad). It is well constructed, all wooden pieces and a wooden storage box. I highly recommend this item.