5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy customer!
Published on September 28, 2011 by azcountrymom

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice doll but weird smell!
The doll itself is great but it has a VERY strong, unpleasant smell (sort of like baby powder) that is still lingering after 2 weeks. Every time my daughter plays with it, the smell transfers to her. I would not buy this doll again.
Published on December 13, 2010 by KKW

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy customer!, September 28, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Jenna - 12" Doll (Toy)
I gave this doll to my daughter on her first birthday. I picked it because I wanted a doll that was simple and soft, yet realistic and had eyes that open and close. I wasn't too sure that I would like it's size... and sure enough a 12" is pretty small. But for the size of my one-year-old it turned out to be perfect. If she were any bigger, than it would be hard for my little girl to hang on to her, especially with one hand. My daughter responded so cute to this gift. She started kissing this doll and hugging her tight and patting her. I love the smell of this scented doll, as well. I know others were turned off by her scent, but to me it just smells like baby powder-ish and is actually one of my favorite things about this doll. Another thing I love about this choice is her outfit. So many baby dolls come in cheap ugly clothing, but this one comes in a quality-made and adorable little sleeper and hat. When the outfit got dirty, I threw it in the wash and it came out great. (I didn't dry it, because I didn't know if it would shrink.) My daughter loves to pull the little hat off and then try to put it back on. Another plus: The soft body of this doll is peachy-colored to look like skin tones instead of just plain white. The features are just cute. She "sucks" her thumb... a favorite option or her pacifer (not crazy about that feature... especially since my daughter wanted to suck on it, too and it fit ALL the way in her mouth... so that was just put away until she's old enough to understand not to do that). This doll doesn't have any hair that tangles or any electronics, just gorgeous blue eyes, beautiful and sturdy eyelashes, cute toes and enough sweetness to win any girl's heart. I would recommend completely as long as you put up the pacifier, don't mind a scented doll and are happy with a bit smaller size than the average doll. Thank you for reading my review. Looking forward to many happy years with our new little "baby!"

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect- No bad smell- Don't Overpay or lose sleep, December 25, 2012
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Jenna - 12" Doll (Toy)
I was debating between this doll and the Corolle. I was so afraid that the scent would not be pleasant from some reviews. I went ahead and ordered this anyway and am completely happy! Smaller which is perfect for my almost 2 year old, but my son who is 3 loves it too. Sits up nicely which is a plus for the shopping cart we have. Smell is light- like baby powder (I am already sensitive to smell, but being pregnant even more so now). Not sure what others are complaining about. No bad smell on my daughter either from it- I actually expected to deal with some sort of bad smell, but seriously, nothing bad. Also, if I spent $20 more on a doll this small, I would of been upset. Too high of a price tag for a doll of this size- $15 is right on. The You & Me clothes are perfect and the pacifier fits as well (Toys R Us). Baby is a lot cuter than many I have seen and the body is sturdier than most in stores while still being soft. If you like to over investigate like me, save your time and just go for it- nothing to lose for this small of a price tag and free shopping. Wish they had a boy version or another doll that looked different so I could buy more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Baby Doll, July 12, 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Jenna - 12" Doll (Toy)
I ordered this baby doll for a 2yr. old little girl I care for and it is absolutely beautiful and she love her so much, she likes her pacifier too! I am ordering another baby doll for my 1 yr. old niece that is visiting from K.C. in a couple of weeks! Just the perfect size to carry around. I also ordered the Feeding set by Melissa and Doug, it also was perfect for this baby.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice doll but weird smell!, December 13, 2010
KKW (Springfield, MA United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Our New Baby, April 26, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Jenna - 12" Doll (Toy)
I purchased this doll for my three year old grandson to help welcome their second baby who is due in a few months. After reading the other reviews, I was a little bit worried that the odor would be overwhelming, but was very pleased that was not the case! In fact, we had no odor at all.

The doll is precious. A nice size for a toddler. The fact that she has closing eyes is adorable. You can lay her down and she is asleep, or sit her up and she is awake. This was a first (and maybe last!) doll for my grandson. He loves the little "baby" but is so taken with his cars (definitely a little boy thing), I'm sure the cars will be getting most of his attention! I wanted him to experience a "baby" before the real baby comes into their home and this is perfect. I also bought the feeding set and he loves feeding her the bottles of milk and juice--all without the mess of the real stuff!

I am very happy with the quality of the doll and would recommend it without reservation for any child.

NOTE: My grandson loves the little baby, even though he plays with his cars more of the time! He put the doll next to his new sister and had a bottle in both of their mouths and said "Look mama, two bottles"............so cute.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for a baby/toddler, August 8, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Jenna - 12" Doll (Toy)
I bought this for my baby's 1st birthday. When she opened the package, her eyes lit up. She grabbed the doll and hugged it and it has become one of her favorites. She just likes to carry it around and hold it. The body is soft and lightweight. The smell is a little stronger than just "baby powder" but it's not unbearable like some people have said, but that's just my nose's opinion!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Doll for little hands!, November 15, 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Jenna - 12" Doll (Toy)
Perfect Christmas gift for my 2 1/2 year old little girl! It's small enough for small hands and soft enough to be loved and cuddled! Highly recommended!

1.0 out of 5 stars Smells Terrible, February 4, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Jenna - 12" Doll (Toy)
My girls (age 1 and 5) were thrilled when they opened the Amazon package containing this doll. I have never been disappointed with any Melissa and Doug products but this doll has a terrible perfume smell. Even after several washes the smell is not tolerable, especially to my one year old. She wont touch it.

1.0 out of 5 stars The smell is gagging and overpowering, October 7, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Jenna - 12" Doll (Toy)
Doll is cute with pillow body and plastic molded arms, legs and head. Eyes don't really close fully when lying down. Outfit is cute.

BUT the smell is so gagging I feel like throwing it away. I see some people calling the smell "faint" - which to me means there is a problem with the perfume sprayer at the factory and some dolls get an extra heavy dose of the stuff while others actually have a faint smell.

Either that or some people just don't have a very good sense of smell. I enjoy cooking and tasting small variations in different foods and drinks, and I can really tell the difference between cheap and expensive perfume, so if you are a like me I recommend you get a different doll.

Because our doll is so grossly overscented, the perfume transfers everywhere. I tried scrubbing her clothes and the scent still lingers there, and the clothes are irrelevant anyway because her pillow body is embedded with it.

Yuck.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very cute doll, but smell is overpowering, December 23, 2011
Sarah (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Jenna - 12" Doll (Toy)
I ignored the other reviews about this doll's smell and ordered it anyway. I actually ended up with 2 dolls because of a shipping snafu, and they both smelled VERY strongly of perfume. It sort of smells like baby powder, but it's so overpowering, that there is no way that we can keep them in the house. I will be donating them. I ended up buying a Fisher Price Little Mommy doll set and the dolls do have a smell, but it's very faint and you can only smell it if you put your nose right up to the doll. The Jenna doll's smell will fill the room you are in.

Feel free to take your chances: you could end up with a doll that didn't get a strong dose of the perfume. Other than the smell, the doll is great. The paci and her thumb fit into her mouth pretty easily, and the outfit is cute. Also, one of the dolls we received had one eye that didn't want to close when you laid her down.

Melissa & Doug Jenna - 12" Doll