5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good
Published on October 20, 2009 by Mother of 3

3.0 out of 5 stars Weird pictures
Reviewing a coloring book feels silly but I actually wanted to make a note of something - the pictures are a little weird at times. If you are a type-A person, it might bother you when there are nonsense shapes that couldn't possibly happen in real life. Also, there are a lot of small areas so if you are looking for something with big simple pictures, this isn't probably...
Published 28 days ago by rachel l. jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good, October 20, 2009
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Jumbo Coloring Pad - Blue (Toy)
My eight year old son got this last Christmas. Almost a year later, he still brings it out and works on it when he needs a little down time. It's tough to find coloring books that appeal to older boys and this one was perfect. Some pages get flipped past like dragons and baseball, but there are so many different illustrations, cars, dinosaurs, animals that he hasn't grown tired of this yet. Another plus is this tablet style of binding, where you can flip open the book so it completely lays flat without the gully running down the center. I'm looking to order more of this style for my daughters. If Melissa and Doug were to publish another one that appealed to boys, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent coloring book, October 31, 2009
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Jumbo Coloring Pad - Blue (Toy)
My son just turned three, and loves this coloring book. Great pictures to color, nice, sturdy pages and it can be laid down flat on a table unlike some of the smaller but thicker books out there. The pages can also be easly torn out if my son wants to hang one on Grandma's fridge. This is my second Melissa and Doug coloring book, and we're definitely enjoying them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Child Pleaser, June 3, 2009
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Jumbo Coloring Pad - Blue (Toy)
My Grandson was so happy when he saw this package of pictures. It was hard for him to choose which one to color first. Great size for little fingers, yet detailed enough to capture the interest of older children as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars i wanna color in this!, February 14, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Jumbo Coloring Pad - Blue (Toy)
this coloring pad has great pictures. my daughter loves cars, trucks & dinos so i picked this instead of the pink princess one. the pages are nice & big & are thick too. you can use anything you can imagine to color in the pages because they are so durable! this is great for kids of all ages & makes a wonderful gift. i have bought many coloring books & coloring pads before but this is by far my favorite one. i wish i could buy a million of them so we would alwyas have one around!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Cute and big!, January 7, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Jumbo Coloring Pad - Blue (Toy)
These coloring pages are very cute, and surprisingly large! I purchased one girl's and one boy's, and I am happy with my purchase. I saw them elsewhere for more $. I especially like that because the pages are so big, so are the illustrations-so there's not too many tiny things to color.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice big pages for toddlers., August 11, 2010
dweezil (Media, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Jumbo Coloring Pad - Blue (Toy)
This was my first Melissa & Doug purchase, the reason being they are usually so expensive. A sale led me to buy the scissors, Jumbo Coloring Pad, and construction paper - all are well made and worth every penny (even without the sale price). The scissors are so safe they were used by my 2 yr. old. who could cut paper but not himself. The coloring pads are indeed jumbo, and I like that there is one for boys and one for girls with easy, interesting, drawings. The pages easily tear out and are large enough to use as a placemat (handy when eating out). I highly recommend these products.

5.0 out of 5 stars great activity book, August 23, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Jumbo Coloring Pad - Blue (Toy)
purchased for my kids (ages 2 and 3) they love it. They spend hours coloring. The size it just right for them because its not a huge coloring book but its not a small one either. I purchase these several times a year for my kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for toddlers, August 7, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Jumbo Coloring Pad - Blue (Toy)
It's a coloring book for a boy, so the people who complain that there aren't enough girls in there and it's too stereotypical are ridiculous! It's a great size for a toddler and I like the pictures, they're not offensive. If you're looking for something more "gender neutral" buy the animal one!

Bottom line, the pages are nice, the size is great for a toddler. Mommy, Daddy and Baby can all color on it at the same time on the floor which for us is great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Coloring Book With HUGE Pages, July 27, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Jumbo Coloring Pad - Blue (Toy)
I was surprised at how large the pages are in this coloring book. It's great though, it pretty much covers my son's high chair tray and really could serve as a placemat when eating out. My little boy is just learning to color, but he enjoys scribbling on this. I tear out one page for him at a time or he'd probably scribble just a bit on every page all in one day and then be bored. The pictures are nice, perfect for a little guy just learning to color.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the tear out pages!, March 11, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Jumbo Coloring Pad - Blue (Toy)
This book will be used for a wedding for kids to color in. I love it because it has easy tear out pages.

Melissa & Doug Jumbo Coloring Pad - Blue