Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on November 12, 2013
I was looking for vehicle toys for my 10-month old. My criteria included something that was brightly colored and "fun", something soft, and something easily handled by little hands. When I saw these in a store, they fit the bill, but the price seemed ridiculous for simple pull-back cars! Unfortunately we were very impatient to get something for him, and we decided to buy them anyway.

To my pleasant surprise, they are sturdy, stable, and have the right amount of power for little ones... the speed appears to be regulated to avoid going too fast, but to keep the cars moving for a good distance before they slow. I wasn't expecting that there would be a "quality" difference for something as simple as pull-back cars, but these exceeded my expectations.
0Comment41 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon December 31, 2013
Format: ToyVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My kids love these soft, bright cars. Each one is a different vehicle in a different color--they are bright appealing and a great little toy. Pull one back and let it go--and it zooms across the floor easily! Thing is, my kids are older than 2 and so a little past the age for this particular toy. So it was perfect when my 1 year old nephew came to visit and we could test drive them with him!

Huge success. The lightweight, plush design makes them easy for him to grab and hold onto. He hasn't quite got the zooming thing down yet, but I'm sure he'll get the idea soon enough with my children's avid assistance. My nephew is drooling quite a lot now (teething) so the cars inevitably got coated in drool and later on in banana. That's when the particular cleverness of these really became apparent. The plush tops can be unlatched from the wheel base (just undo the velcro) and washed off without the worry of getting the car mechanism wet. And while these are certainly an appropriate toy for a one year old, I wouldn't likely leave him with the cars without supervision (just in case a wheel could be pried off), but we can take the car base off and let him play with the plush tops all on their own!

A great toy, and a great gift. For parents and gift-giving friends who want a toy that's fun but doesn't require batteries and won't send everyone crazy with repeating sounds and lights--this might be just what you're looking for!

Happy playing! ^_^ Shanshad
0Comment26 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 18, 2014
The best cars for babies I've ever seen in my life. I buy and love all of the K's Kids' toys. They are soft. Can be easily cleaned and washed and need not any batteries- work forever.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
11 comment26 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2014
My little boy loves these cars, they are perfect for him! They're ideal for younger babies because they are soft, yet sturdy enough to handle him holding them down and winding them up to see the cars go on their own. Also, they can be washed because the wheels can be removed due to a velcro attachment that wraps the car around the wheels. I highly recommend this product.
on October 2, 2015
My wife and I received these as a gift from our sister-in-law who apparently can't help herself from buying them for all her friends with new babies. I can see why. They are fantastic!!! My wife and I even have fun playing with them. The soft car bodies are brilliant (and super cute), and on hardwood floor or tile they really move. The best part is even if they run full speed into furniture, walls (or our child) nothing happens. They just bounce off or stop. We've been playing with them for a couple months now and they still run just as well as they did on day one. The pull and let go type of operation is still one that our 17 month old is trying to figure out, but he has just as much fun pushing them around. I'm now jumping on the train and buying them for some of my friends as well.

If you have smooth floors these are likely to be an easy favorite for any kid that likes things that GO.
on January 9, 2014
Very cute toys. I bought it for my daughter of God. She even sleeps with them :) I love different colors, small size, funny design and material. I think it can be a good gift for boy or girl around 3+ yrs.
This is a great idea from Melissa and Doug. I recommend it for 110%.
on April 25, 2014
My grandson is 1 yr old. HE LOVES these vehicles that we got for his birthday! Melissa and Doug makes awesome toys!!
on January 10, 2014
Soft enough to chew on since everything still goes in the mouth at this age! Would highly recommend this toy.
VINE VOICEon November 27, 2013
Format: ToyVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My three year old grandson loves these cars. They are such pretty, bright colors, so he was immediately drawn to them. They are easy for his little hands to grip. By pulling them back, they race across the floor, amid his squeals of delight! They appear to be a good quality, so I expect they will last a long time. These kept him entertained for most of the afternoon, and are his favorite toy at Granny's house. I would probably recommend for ages 3 to 7.
on March 20, 2015
I purchased this set for a friend's son's 1st birthday. From all reports, he is having a lot of fun with them. When he and my son are playing at their house, they both enjoy them.

They are soft, but still hold their shape even when squished. They don't squish a ton. I think that is perfect for this type of product. They are the perfect size for little hands to operate. Also, they are very light. It is easy to toss one into the diaper bag to take on the go. The boys love that you can pull them back and then they go forward by themselves! A fun activity that keeps their attention for quite a while. The plushness brings something new to the table for a toy car set.

The quality is what I have come to expect from Melissa & Doug. I have been impressed with all but one of their toys thus far, and this is no different. My only complaint is that the colors aren't as vibrant as the picture shows. They are still colorful and cute, just not as bright as I thought. I wouldn't call them dull.

Overall, i'm happy with them overall and will probably get a set for my son as well.