Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.79 shipping
Melissa & Doug Lace and Trace Pets
|Price:||$9.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Made using the highest quality materials
- Tested to be safe and durable
- Great fun for your baby and child
- These colorful lacing set offers a delightful variety of shapes, colors and patterns
- Helps promote hand/eye coordination, fine motor, cognitive and visual perception skills
- Set comes in a sturdy wooden case and contains five jumbo, double-sided lacing panels, plus five color-coordinated laces
- Basic skills are fun to develop when using our colorful lacing activities
- Exceptional quality and value
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
The figures are made of a good, sturdy wood product that keeps them from bending or falling apart, unlike the cardboard type. I love that the images are on both sides of the cards. The laces are thick and easy to handle. My son loves these!
Great fun for a little kid, while learning to use their hands and build skills that will help later on.
I gave this to him today, because he was unlacing my boots, and I thought that the toy would be a good activity to distract him from unlacing all my shoes.
Right out of the package, I was disappointed with the quality of the toy.
1. Most of the holes have rough edges and the strings became damaged with the first use.
2. Many of the holes were drilled wrong, either not round, or just a partial hole through the toy.
Overall, I think the lax construction of the toy will seriously impact the durability and the replay value of the toy.
Speaking as an adult, I am absolutely tickled pink to have found sets of cut-outs that are made of something that's not going to bend or tear, like the ones I had when I was a kid. These cut-outs are sturdy, 1/8" thick wood. It's going to take a lot more than general wear and tear to ruin these puppies! In fact, I can even see getting them out for my grandchild(ren) to play with one day. They're that well-made. On that score, I give them a full five stars and would give more if possible.
The laces, though, are rather another story. After less than an hour's play time, they're already showing signs of wear. They're made of some sort of braided nylon-type material that snags a little too easily on just about anything (including the pre-drilled holes in the wooden cut-outs), so I'm already reminding my preschooler not to let the cat play with them. Though they're color-coordinated with the edges of the cut-outs, my daughter hasn't noticed and probably wouldn't care if she did; I'm sure I'll be able to replace the laces pretty easily if they get too snagged and ratty. Still, it would have made more sense to make them out of something less "snaggable."
One last thing would have made this a fully five-star item in my book: Some sort of lid on the box, or perhaps a soft-sided carrying tote. These sets come in a flat wooden box with two compartments -- one for the cut-outs, one for the laces.Read more ›
- Holes we're poorly drilled, shards of plywood everywhere
- picture chipping off from the poor drilling process
- shoestrings were distroyed after the first time use from the wood slivers
- not made of wood, but rather the cheapest excuse for plywood I have ever seen
(listed as "fun" because any lace up toy of this nature are fun, period.)
She plays with these every time she comes over, and gets better and better at laceing them. She knows which color lace matches the card, and won't put any other on.
They are made of a very durable material, and come in a little box for storage. Just wish it had a lid.
I would definately recomend this toy!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Cards have matching color shoelaces, wooden box to store everything. Note: Need to coil laces so they fit in shallow box (the laces in a tangled mass will pile taller than the box... Read morePublished 2 days ago by spt88432
i got this for my 2 year old for christmas, but my 7 year old has had just as much fun with them. I used to love these type of things when I was little, and I was happy to get my... Read morePublished 6 days ago by Edward Alan Mullins
I love Melissa and Doug Toys! These were a great gift to a three year old and he loved them. Simple toy, but will last and can keep children busy!Published 20 days ago by Briana H. D.
I love these...helps with the pincher fingers for beginning writers perfecting their pencil grip.Published 24 days ago by Verna
I purchased these as a Christmas gift for a friend's 2 year old. These were nice durable lacing cards that will hold up to a 2 year olds wear and tear. Read morePublished 28 days ago by Ashley