Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Melissa & Doug Lace and Trace Pets
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Style Name: Lace and Trace Pets|Change

on June 7, 2014
Once my daughter saw this at her 3rd birthday, she was not interested in anything else. This helps teach fine motor skills and my daughter caught on right away. She's doesn't quite understand to go from hole to hole in order - she wants to skip all over the board. Also - this is a great relaxing activity for a tired mom to sit with their child and point to which hole to go into next to teach the child.

There are pictures on both sides of the board and the board is sturdy. The animals that come in this are: dog, cat, turtle, rabbit, fish. Some cons that I've found just in the day we've had this are: the holes are NOT smooth so when the lace goes through the hole, it gets frayed a little and is sometimes difficult to pull through the hole. The lace doesn't get frayed enough to dissuade me from purchasing this though. Also, I think that lace should be a little longer. There is barely enough lace to go around the entire animal and with a toddler who doesn't understand to go from hole to hole, a longer lace would be nice.

Overall, I am happy with my purchase. My daughter loves this and it keeps her occupied for 30-45 minutes at a time and is great for a quiet activity at church or wherever. She loves the pictures and the wooden (rather than cardboard) pictures are perfect so we can get a lot of use out of this. Hope this review helps!
on September 4, 2015
Package arrived today. I had bought this for my two year old and three year old. Wouldn't you know that my older kids at age 8, 10 and 11 were also playing and lacing the holes. Too funny! I am hoping that this will occupy the little ones while we have to do sitting things where they can't run around or perhaps in the car on trips.
The materials seem sturdy from initial inspection... the laces ate just like shoe laces with a taped plastic end to easily poke through the holes.
The polyester type material personally makes me cringe..so I might look for some real cotton laces later on .... but the kids do not complain :)
on June 10, 2013
I bought this for my 4 year old son in an effort to find some quiet time activities for him. Well the first day we got it and played with it, the ends of the shoe laces came off and were unusable. I had flashbacks of elementary school and trying to thread the frayed end of my laces through the lace holes of my shoe. And the only fix is to wrap a piece of tape around the end. Only for it to fall off sooner than later. Also, the laces on this toy get snagged as you pull it through the rough holes of the boards, which also makes the paper coating tear around each of the holes. I felt like the maker of this toy never actually tested it out. Even with its flaws, my son still liked playing with it.
on February 22, 2016
Awesome lace n trace! :) perfect for helping kids stay quiet and have busy hands but also develop some fine motor skills! Great for church and in the car on long trips! We love everything Melissa and Doug! 😍

Animals are very cute includes dog, cat, turtle, fish, and bunny. Good thick cardboard that can't easily be bent or broke. Love that the holes are on the outside so they can lace both back and forth and around the outside. :) nice long strings give kids plenty of room to lace.
review image review image review image
on March 4, 2013
The cards are wood, yes, but the pictures are basically stickers (not painted on the wood). So with minimal use, they can start to peel at the edges (or if, say, a new baby sister were to nom on them for a minute or two before you noticed...). Also, the holes are not sanded at all. This makes for really rough edges that are difficult for a 2 year old to pull the lace through plus lots of wood flaking when you do pull laces through them.
on May 4, 2014
great timeless toy for our 7-2 year old kids. Material is sturdy and seems like it will last over time and many children. Only complaint is that the punched holes are rough and have small wood slivers. The laces catch and are getting beat up.
on October 26, 2015
Love these sturdy little animals that my toddler can practice 'sewing' with...they will last a good, long time (the strings too). But WHY IN THE WORLD did they give us this awesome box WITH NO LID? I have to store this in a cheap ziplock bag! That's why I'm giving it 4 stars instead of 5.
on December 28, 2015
My daughters love these! I originally purchased them for my 3 year old but my 5 year old is spending the most time with them, threading and rethreading around the animals. Nice and sturdy set- these will last a long time. As will all Melissa & Doug sets I always wish it came with a cover to keep it all together, but it's still a great set and there are no little pieces so it's not too difficult to keep together.
on April 6, 2015
I normally really like Melissa and Doug items, but this one doesn't do it for me. The holes in the cards are rough so the nylon shoelace like string gets stuck all the time when pulling through. Also would have loved a case with a lid to keep track of the silly things.
on February 3, 2016
i got this for my 2 year old for christmas, but my 7 year old has had just as much fun with them. I used to love these type of things when I was little, and I was happy to get my kids into something that wasn't a tech toy! they have played with these quite a bit since getting them for christmas, and the fact that it helps with their fine motor skills is an added bonus