5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for young ages
If your little one isn't quite ready for paper dolls or fashion dolls, magnetic dolls like this one can be a lot of fun. I have fun playing with my daughter with this doll. She has several mix & match options (shirts, skirts, pants, dresses, shoes). She also comes with a stand.

Published on October 30, 2006 by Stephanie

1.0 out of 5 stars not for girls in the year 2013
Published 13 months ago by M. Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for young ages, October 30, 2006
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Maggie Leigh Magnetic Dress-Up (Toy)

The pieces are easy for my three year old to hold. She also enjoys sorting the pieces, matching the shoes, etc. It is very easy for her to dress the doll (unlike a Barbie, for example) and once dressed, she plays with the doll.

The set also stores all of the pieces with a durable clear plastic lid. You can store it on-end, like a book, and not worry about losing the pieces or the set opening.

There are other skin tone available for this doll. The clothes are slightly different but the poses are the same so you can interchange the pieces. I think my daughter's getting another of these dolls very soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars So much better than I expected., March 30, 2007
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Maggie Leigh Magnetic Dress-Up (Toy)
I purchased the Melissa and Doug Maggie Leigh Magnetic Dress-Up because my daughter's baby sitter had brought a Barbie magnetic doll for her to play with while I was recovering from surgery. Since I was not able to shop I went online and I am so glad I did. My daughter is 3 years old. She enjoyed the Barbie doll but the doll and pieces were so small, not durable and the magnet was not strong. Online I could tell the Melissa and Doug Maggie Leigh Magnetic Dress-Up was taller so I choose it. But when we received it I was so excited. The doll was bigger and the doll was thick and sturdy. The stand is a block instead of the paper ones. The magnet is super strong. My daughter loves her paper doll. She plays with is several times in the day. The storage box is great. I do wish the lid was hinged. It slides in and out of groves in the wooden box. Easy for me but my daughter has not mastered it yet. But we do still have all the pieces. She has lots of clothing and shoes to choose from, but no hats or hair bows. But my daughter just gets her hair bows and puts on Maggie. My daughter is really using her imaginations with it. It is perfect for younger girls. I am going to purchase to princess and ballerina doll also as she get older.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maggie Leigh Magnetic Dress-Up, January 11, 2007
J. Riniker (Sellersville, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Maggie Leigh Magnetic Dress-Up (Toy)
My 3 year old granddaughter loves this. She has other Melissa & Doug magnetic dolls which she loves, too. She spends a lot of time playing with them. The quality is great and they are easy to take along to play with. Wish they had these when I was a child instead of the flimsy paper dolls I used to play with.

1.0 out of 5 stars not for girls in the year 2013, October 26, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Maggie Leigh Magnetic Dress-Up (Toy)
My son & daughter received Joey & Maggie for their birthdays. I like the concept & the kids think they are both really fun. The reason I'm giving this product 1 @ star is because M&D have done girls a genuine disservice with Maggie compared to Joey. Joey's outfits are all professions (firefighter, construction, pirate, etc.) and Maggie is simply pretty clothes and a very, very short skirt! In 2013 I am outraged that M&D couldn't give Maggie outfits similar to Joey's - example: business woman, doctor, mail carrier, etc. I let my daughter play with Joey but not Maggie because I want her to aspire to greater ideals & goals in life, not just to looking pretty and wearing the best outfits. M&D should be ashamed of their blatant sexism and degradation of women.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun toddler toy, October 17, 2007
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Maggie Leigh Magnetic Dress-Up (Toy)
This is great for my toddler, the magnetic clothing makes it easy for her to play with it on her own.

4.0 out of 5 stars good value, October 17, 2008
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Maggie Leigh Magnetic Dress-Up (Toy)
Good value for the money. I bought it for my 2 year old granddaughter and she is a little young for it (she loves it though!), she has to be supervised while playing with it or a small piece ends up in her mouth. I have put it away for awhile until she is a little older. Should be perfect for a three year old. It is annoying that there is no cover for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good first "paper" doll, July 18, 2008
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Maggie Leigh Magnetic Dress-Up (Toy)
My 2 yr old is interested in dressing dolls, so this is a good first "paper" doll. Pieces are large and easy to handle, magnets work well. I wish the nice wooden box had a top for easy storage (I'm thinking of making one out of cardboard), and I wish the clothes were painted on for better durability (the clothes are paper that is pasted on the wood).

4.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy and good for little ones!, May 10, 2008
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Maggie Leigh Magnetic Dress-Up (Toy)
My daughter got this for her birthday 2 or 3 years ago and it is in great shape. She is 5 now and doesn't play with it much anymore, but her younger sister (2 1/2 yrs) is now interested. I love how sturdy it is. The doll is thick wood and the pieces are very thick plastic, it all comes in a nice wooden box. The lid slids off easily though, so I don't recommend that part for travel. We put it in a ziplock for travel. It is easy for a toddler to place the pieces on the doll and mix and match fun. I think it's helpful to have two dolls so Mom or friends can play together. Great dress up doll for younger kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy!, November 29, 2008
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Maggie Leigh Magnetic Dress-Up (Toy)
I bought this for my 3 year old daughter for her birthday 2 months ago and she still plays with it frequently. The pieces are wooden/magnetic so it is much more durable than the classic paper doll. The shoes are small so I wouldn't recommend it for a younger child (choking hazard). I liked the toy so much that I bought another one as a gift for my friend's 3 year old. I have never been disappointed by any of the Melissa and Doug toys I have purchased.

5.0 out of 5 stars good basic toy for a great price, December 26, 2008
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Maggie Leigh Magnetic Dress-Up (Toy)
This toy was bought for my Daughters fourth birthday. She opened it and started playing with it right away. She has many toys but regularly asks to play with this one. Surprizing how simple and inexpensive it is for the time she has been entertained with it. I would for sure recommend it!

Melissa & Doug Maggie Leigh Magnetic Dress-Up