Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro STEM

VINE VOICEon October 30, 2006
If your little one isn't quite ready for paper dolls or fashion dolls, magnetic dolls like this one can be a lot of fun. I have fun playing with my daughter with this doll. She has several mix & match options (shirts, skirts, pants, dresses, shoes). She also comes with a stand.

The pieces are easy for my three year old to hold. She also enjoys sorting the pieces, matching the shoes, etc. It is very easy for her to dress the doll (unlike a Barbie, for example) and once dressed, she plays with the doll.

The set also stores all of the pieces with a durable clear plastic lid. You can store it on-end, like a book, and not worry about losing the pieces or the set opening.

There are other skin tone available for this doll. The clothes are slightly different but the poses are the same so you can interchange the pieces. I think my daughter's getting another of these dolls very soon.
on March 30, 2007
I purchased the Melissa and Doug Maggie Leigh Magnetic Dress-Up because my daughter's baby sitter had brought a Barbie magnetic doll for her to play with while I was recovering from surgery. Since I was not able to shop I went online and I am so glad I did. My daughter is 3 years old. She enjoyed the Barbie doll but the doll and pieces were so small, not durable and the magnet was not strong. Online I could tell the Melissa and Doug Maggie Leigh Magnetic Dress-Up was taller so I choose it. But when we received it I was so excited. The doll was bigger and the doll was thick and sturdy. The stand is a block instead of the paper ones. The magnet is super strong. My daughter loves her paper doll. She plays with is several times in the day. The storage box is great. I do wish the lid was hinged. It slides in and out of groves in the wooden box. Easy for me but my daughter has not mastered it yet. But we do still have all the pieces. She has lots of clothing and shoes to choose from, but no hats or hair bows. But my daughter just gets her hair bows and puts on Maggie. My daughter is really using her imaginations with it. It is perfect for younger girls. I am going to purchase to princess and ballerina doll also as she get older.
on January 11, 2007
My 3 year old granddaughter loves this. She has other Melissa & Doug magnetic dolls which she loves, too. She spends a lot of time playing with them. The quality is great and they are easy to take along to play with. Wish they had these when I was a child instead of the flimsy paper dolls I used to play with.
on October 26, 2013
My son & daughter received Joey & Maggie for their birthdays. I like the concept & the kids think they are both really fun. The reason I'm giving this product 1 @ star is because M&D have done girls a genuine disservice with Maggie compared to Joey. Joey's outfits are all professions (firefighter, construction, pirate, etc.) and Maggie is simply pretty clothes and a very, very short skirt! In 2013 I am outraged that M&D couldn't give Maggie outfits similar to Joey's - example: business woman, doctor, mail carrier, etc. I let my daughter play with Joey but not Maggie because I want her to aspire to greater ideals & goals in life, not just to looking pretty and wearing the best outfits. M&D should be ashamed of their blatant sexism and degradation of women.
44 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2015
I bought this for my daughter 7 years ago. Yup! I bought it 7 years ago, it still looks great, and we still use it. My oldest daughter (10 years) isn't interested in it anymore, but I have a 5 year old who brings it out. I also keep it in my home studio for when kids come over. Even older children like it (probably because it's new to them). They love changing the dolls outfits. The quality is great (as with most anything Melissa & Doug makes). My only suggestion is encourage play away from other little toys (we've lost a couple of the shoes over the years), and don't give it to a child who puts things in their mouth. The storage box is great, fits everything nicely and can stack nicely among puzzles and the like. I definitely recommend.
review image review image
on October 17, 2008
Good value for the money. I bought it for my 2 year old granddaughter and she is a little young for it (she loves it though!), she has to be supervised while playing with it or a small piece ends up in her mouth. I have put it away for awhile until she is a little older. Should be perfect for a three year old. It is annoying that there is no cover for it.
on April 1, 2015
I'm giving this two stars because it comes with small shoe pieces that, in my opinion, even for a three year old, pose a serious choking hazard. I realize three year olds are pretty much last the oral stage, but still. I think it's dangerous. I threw the shoes away.
on June 17, 2016
My 2.5yo was gifted some of Melissa and Doug dress up stickers (which she loved) at one point, so I thought she'd like this. She actually loves it.

The only issue I have with it is the case has no cover. So, it needs to lay flat on a shelf without anything on top. I can see us losing pieces very quickly. Why no cover??
on October 17, 2007
This is great for my toddler, the magnetic clothing makes it easy for her to play with it on her own.
on July 2, 2016
These are awesome. My kids and any kids that come to my house love playing with them. Both boys and girls alike love them! They have magnets which make them easy to work and are very well made. I love this toy!