5.0 out of 5 stars Toddler/Preschooler FUN!
This puzzle is excellent. There are nine "doors" which have a likeness of an object that holds things:

-barn (holds a cow)
-lunch box (holds a magnet with an image of a thermos, sandwich, and an apple)
-present (holds a teddy bear)
-cookie jar (holds chocolate chip cookies)
-garage (holds a car that looks like a Mini Cooper)
-oven...
Published on December 25, 2008 by Ayah David

1.0 out of 5 stars Magnetic fall apart
First off let me say that I love Melissa and Doug products I have several of them and my boys love them as much as I do. So when I bought this item I had nothing but the highest hopes of it being a wonderful adition to our toys but sadly it wasnt. The board itself is well built and sturdy had no problem with it, same with the doors that open up. I can tell that it was...
Published 19 months ago by JenLew

‹ Previous | 19 10 1115 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great twist on a puzzle!, January 23, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Magnetic Hide and Seek Board (Toy)
My two year old has really enjoyed this puzzle. She likes to mix and match the magnets before putting them behind the correct doors. Haven't had any issues with durability and we loved it so much I bought one for my niece for Christmas as well! I especially love that the pieces are magnets so that they are easier to keep track of!

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnetic hide and seek boad, January 8, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Magnetic Hide and Seek Board (Toy)
Gave this as a Christmas gift for my 2 yr. old Great nephew. I love the Doug and Melissa toys they are well made and are very educational.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved our Nerves several times during a lot of travel, January 2, 2012
Mrs. Meadows (Fort Meade, Maryland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Magnetic Hide and Seek Board (Toy)
While shopping out of state we found this puzzle in Books-a-Million. Not as cheap as it is here too by five dollars or so at least! But still worth it because our 2 year old thought this was the best thing ever. He opened and shut every door with glee as to what he'd find. Once that wore off after quite some precious time he began to pull out the magnets and mix them up. I think for 10 minutes or so he switched up the magnets like that. Then together we played at putting them back in proper places. No flight meltdowns or car drive on the way home meltdowns, etc (because pulling it out curbed quite a few of those). Now we're home and he still loves it. He isn't the most gentle boy and I can tell it's pretty durable like most M&D toys.

I plan to put it away for a little while like I do most toys like this and only pull it out to keep it special. I just ordered from Amazon another M&D puzzle we almost bought the same day with an assortment of latches. Much cheaper on Amazon than the book stores! I'll review that one once we receive it. As for this particular one - I Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Toy for Plane Ride with Toddler, December 28, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Magnetic Hide and Seek Board (Toy)
Just this toy and the zo-li snack dispenser kept my 16 month old entertained for 3 hours sitting on my lap in a window seat, flying Boston-Milwaukee. It was brand new to him so I'm hoping to keep it hidden while we're here and break it out again for the flight home. We filled the zo-li with Gerber Graduates Yogurt Melts and those Earth's Best Sesame Street Vanilla happy-face crackers. We snacked one. at. a. time. through the snack dispenser's top and although it was boring for me, I couldn't have hoped for a better 3 hour flight with a 16 month old on my lap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy!, December 25, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Magnetic Hide and Seek Board (Toy)
I got this for my granddaughter for Christmas. She loved opening the doors and taking out the puzzle pieces. It didn't take her long to know where everything went. She kept going back to this puzzle so I know she really likes it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Toy to grow with and very durable!, December 19, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Magnetic Hide and Seek Board (Toy)
I bought this when my son was 14 months, he love to open and close doors so I thought it would be perfect. I was right! He does not understand the whole concept of placing the correct magnet in the right are BUT he loves to open and take a magnet out and then open and take another one out, etc.
e took this to a friends house and he had entertained himself for a while with this.
It is very cute and colorful board and since it is magnetic it is easy to store and you are less likely to loose pieces like you are with puzzles. This is a fun interactive toy for you and your child! Very good quality!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for our trip, November 8, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Magnetic Hide and Seek Board (Toy)
Our family travels a lot and I see this as being a good & educational toy to bring along for an upcoming flight. I have a very active 2 yr old who is going to love all the "secret doors". Hopefully this will keep him occupied when we need it to, but as a seasoned traveler, we definitely know to bring more than just 1 new toy (depending on the flight duration).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for toddlers, October 24, 2011
Dog lady (upstate N.Y.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Magnetic Hide and Seek Board (Toy)
My grandson age 20 months loves this board. He sits on my lap and plays with it for a half hour at a time. It also teaches them words and object recognition. Very study construction, well worth the price. With the hinges and magnetism, it's much easier to keep all the pieces from getting misplaced. We also have the Melissa and Doug magnetic farm which he equally enjoys. I wish they made more of these!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great infant and Toddler Toy!!, September 25, 2011
K. Turner "kbt24" (Hartford, CT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Magnetic Hide and Seek Board (Toy)
My 11 month old LOVES this toy. Right now she loves finding the objects and taking them out but as she grows older, I'll talk to her about the names of each item and where they belong. It's the best toy I have bought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of fun (and learning), September 25, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Magnetic Hide and Seek Board (Toy)
I couldn't be happier with this toy. I bought it for a plane trip to see the grandparents -- a new toy/activity is always good to have in the arsenal.

Pros:
- practice dexterity
- matching skills
- order (need to shut latch on the right to be able to shut latch on the left)
- durable & good construction
- no scary chemicals
- my 16 mo son loves it!

Cons:
- heavy (that's what you get with a wood product, so no surprise there)
- noisy (not a problem at home, but may want to consider depending on where you plan on taking it)

Highly recommend, and well worth the price. We have gotten a lot of use out of this toy, and he still picks it up frequently to play with.

‹ Previous | 19 10 1115 | Next ›