4.0 out of 5 stars The faces are huge!
Published on February 28, 2011 by C. Taylor

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but...
This kept my 6 year old grandson entertained for a couple of hours. The pages are very large and colorful and it comes with many pages of stickers to create the faces.

I would change two things about the product--add some male faces, and make the pages out of a material that allows the stickers to be removed.
Published on March 8, 2012 by EFS

4.0 out of 5 stars The faces are huge!, February 28, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Make-A-Face Sticker Pad (Toy)
When I looked at this book online, I assumed the faces were small, like the other Melissa and Doug Sticker books, such as the fashion one where there are lots of little girls, and you put their sticker clothing on them. Well, each one of these faces are huge, fill the entire page. They are actually bigger than a human head. That being said, my daughter (four years old) is loving doing these faces. Some of them turned out like modern art at first (eyes at different levels, etc.) You select their eyes, eye brows, and mouths. The noses are already there. There are many types of ethnicity, so if you are worried about all the faces being Caucasian, you will like the wide range.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish it was more gender-neutral...., May 1, 2011
B. Crossman (Lawrence, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Make-A-Face Sticker Pad (Toy)
This is a great, unique activity to keep pre-schoolers and up busy. The concept is great - you can flip through multiple pages of sticker features and accessories to create an interesting and expressive face. It is creative, easy to use, and quiet, and also is skill-building since you can see the progression from Picasso-style faces to really realistic faces. My son enjoyed it for a while, but of course didn't get into making them pretty like I'm sure a little girl would, which got me wondering why they don't design a make-a-face sticker pad that is more gender-neutral. I think they could have included male faces with more masculine features and had some of the male-oriented accessories be different types of glasses, collars, neckties, etc. This is clearly a female-oriented activity, and that's disappointing since there does not appear to be anything comparable for boys.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but..., March 8, 2012
EFS (Dayton, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Make-A-Face Sticker Pad (Toy)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty face or ugly face--what's up with the stereotypes?!, August 9, 2012
Artgrrl (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Make-A-Face Sticker Pad (Toy)
I agree with another reviewer that these faces are really huge! I too was expecting a very small sticker book, so I was pleasantly surprised. My almost 3 year old daughter loves picking out different features and accessories. There are several pages of all different stickers. However, I do wish the stickers were repositionable--this would be an amazing toy if the faces and stickers were reusable.

The other MAJOR complaint I have is just how feminine each and every face is. The other sticker book, presumably geared for boys, makes ugly (all male) monster faces. I don't like this binary at all--Melissa and Doug: Do you think all girls care about is earrings and hair bows? And do you think all boys care about is ugly monsters? Many of your toys are so great at avoiding these lame gender issues, but this one falls short. I know my daughter would enjoy making silly monster faces AND pretty feminine faces in the same book; she even made one of the pretty faces into a cyclops with glasses on top and thought it was hilarious!! These stickers would be more kid-friendly and less stereotypical if some of the stickers included silly/ugly characteristics instead of 100% cutsey features, and the more masculine book included non-monster characteristics like masculine glasses and bow ties.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun with 1 flaw, June 8, 2011
BMR_10023 (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Make-A-Face Sticker Pad (Toy)
My 3 year old daughter loves this product. However, this product would be better if all of the eyes/jewelry/noses (for example) weren't on the same page. It would be better if I could give her a face and a page of stickers (the right amount for that face) and let her do it herself. The way that it's set up (with all the stickers consolidated on a few pages), I have to monitor so that she doesn't use all of the stickers and saves some for other faces. Overall, however, a great product!

1.0 out of 5 stars paper pages not laminated, May 3, 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Make-A-Face Sticker Pad (Toy)
When I purchased this for my niece, I had the idea that the pages were laminated so that a child could change the stickers on a face. That is not the case, it's one stick and you're done. If a sticker is placed slightly off kilter, it cannot be moved.

Neither my four year old nor seven year old niece showed an ounce of interest in this book, and they are usually very excited by girlie dress 'em up style toys. It was a waste of money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not reuseable stickers, August 1, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Make-A-Face Sticker Pad (Toy)
It's a cute book with lots of choices. I was disappointed to discover the paper will not allow moving the stickers around for different placement.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for airplane or car trips, November 14, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Make-A-Face Sticker Pad (Toy)
A few years ago, I bought this for my 1 1/2 and 4 year old girls for a long long airplane trip. It kept them entertained for way longer than anything else I brought. People kept stopping to ask what it was so they could buy it for their kids/grandkids!

Yes, the faces are huge, which is great for the smaller set. Yes, the stickers stick and do not come back off.

My daughters are now 3 and 6, and I bought it for them again for a car trip. Same result- about 2 hours of total immersion.

I took a star off because I agree with the other reviewers, there should be some male faces and more gender neutral options. Overall, great though.

4.0 out of 5 stars fun indoor activity, December 27, 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Make-A-Face Sticker Pad (Toy)
I bought this for my 2 year old daughter and we all ended up playing with it! It was fun to see her start with the eyes and mouth upside down and within a couple of pages she was centering things perfectly. we all have "our faces" done- including my husband (she picked a short-hair blonde to be him). plenty of stickers to play with. great toy for the imagination!

4.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves this!, November 27, 2013
MKB (Franklin, TN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Make-A-Face Sticker Pad (Toy)
My 3 year old daughter loves her book and we've gotten them for gifts as well. The only thing I wish is the stickers were removable as sometimes she like most girls, decide to change her mind about what accessories she wants one of the faces to wear but once it is put on the paper, it's there.

Melissa & Doug Make-A-Face Sticker Pad