5.0 out of 5 stars A Loveable, if Small, Babydoll...
Published on January 10, 2012 by ajade'strick

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Misleading PIcture
This doll is nowhere near as pretty as it looks in the picture the bangs are little short pieces of hair that stick out straight. She is a homely little thing so she is going back and I will shop in person for a doll. This is a very misleading photo I am afraid she would scare my 2 yr old granddaughter.Melissa & Doug Natalie - 12" Doll
Published 22 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars A Loveable, if Small, Babydoll..., January 10, 2012
ajade'strick (Converse, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Natalie - 12" Doll (Toy)
I bought this doll for my 5.5 year old. She loves being a "mommy" to her babies and playing with her mylittleponys' and barbies' hair, so I wanted a toy that would combine the two. I spend hours searching for the right doll--it was a challenge finding a doll with "just enough" hair that was still a "baby," with hair that would not become too matted/tangled, that was portable, whose eyes closed on laying down (she has blond "hair" eye lashes), and soft enough to hug.

My daughter is very happy with Natalie. Natalie looks cuter in person than online. She does have that baby powder/plastic-y smell but it wasn't as bad as I'd read in reviews and it is not as strong after a few days out of the box. My only complaint is that she is so small; it would be nice if she were closer to 16." If you part her hair you will see her "scalp" (which I knew prior to purchase) but my daughter doesn't care. We are both happy with this doll.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for toddlers, December 7, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Natalie - 12" Doll (Toy)
My almost two-year old daughter has this doll and has recently really started enjoying it. She brushes Natalie's hair, puts her 'night-night', and helps 'change' her. We also got a feeding set and she likes giving Natalie a bottle. The doll is a good size for her to carry around, and overall it's been a successful purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute but smelly doll, June 12, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Natalie - 12" Doll (Toy)
The doll is precious, and step daughter (2 yrs old) loves her. We made her a potty and a diaper so that she could practice potty-training with Dolly. This doll really has gotten my step-daughter interested in using the potty herself. She loves that the doll eyes close when she (the kid) lies down to take a nap, and that the doll has real hair that she can comb. We are also trying to wean my step daughter off of her pacifier. Putting the little pacifier into her doll's mouth when she wants one during the day seems to help calm that craving.

Like so many other reviewers, I want to give this doll five stars for being so awesome, but I can't because it is scented. I contacted Melissa and Doug and asked them if they make any unscented dolls, and they don't! I couldn't believe it! The scent doesn't smell like any baby I have ever whiffed. It's cloyingly strong and cheap-smelling; me and my husband really hate it. Dolly then went for a ride in the washing machine on cold against manufacturers instructions, and it made her smell a little better, but I still don't like her near my face.

And yes she came out fine from the washing machine. She needed to have her hair re-styled, but other than than everything was fine. I wouldn't put her in the dryer, though, I think her hair would melt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Baby Natalie:), January 11, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Natalie - 12" Doll (Toy)
I purchased this doll after the first one was put on backorder. I am so glad we got this one! She is the perfect size for my 3 year old and she loves to give her the binky that came with her and she loves to put her to bed!! I was worried about the smell because some of the other reviewers noted the strong odor..not as bad as they said. SHe does have a sweet powder like smell to her but it is a bonus in my opinion. Very happy with the purchase!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly what I thought but it works, December 22, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Natalie - 12" Doll (Toy)
I bought this doll for my daughter because she like to rub hair while sucking her thumb. Shes only 10 monthes old and the toy is aged 18 monthes plus. I thourghly checked it over before giving it too her and found no loose parts she may choke on. The plus is, its great for babies. The negative is, I bought the doll for her to rub the hair but the hair is maybe 3" or 4" long. Hard for her to grasp onto. When she is able to hold onto it she sleeps like a baby =). The smell just smells like a baby doll. Nothing bad just that fabric softner/plasticy smell baby dolls smell like. Over all I would buy this again for the price just wish the hair was a bit longer. It seems very durable and none of the hair has been pulled out which is another plus.

5.0 out of 5 stars 12" doll - Melissa and Doug, October 17, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Natalie - 12" Doll (Toy)
Watch out American Doll!! Melissa and Doug have a winner - cute as cute can be - sturdy - good hair - very reasonably priced. I do wish they had more selections for 12" doll cloths, though. The pacifier is perfect and fits the doll's mouth very well. Just tie a string on it and pen it to her clothing or you'll be searching for it more often than you will appreciate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, September 19, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Natalie - 12" Doll (Toy)
I have a little cousin name Natalie and the doll has the same name. She loves her. Very cute and I like that it sits. Size was ok for her, 2yrs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Misleading PIcture, November 9, 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little doll., July 22, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Natalie - 12" Doll (Toy)
I love the size and soft body of this doll. I did not think it stank, in fact there is a light pleasant scent. I wish the hair was a little longer as I bought it in hopes of deterring my 1 year old from pulling my hair at bed time. She didn't really take to that, but does somewhat enjoy the doll. My oldest was very attached to it for a couple days and I was almost going to get another for her, but being a 4 year old, she quickly moved on to a different obsession. I don't really like the pacifier that comes with this, but that's lost in the car.

Overall, I'm glad that this is the doll I picked out and I'm very pleased with the product I received.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute doll, January 15, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Natalie - 12" Doll (Toy)
Doll was smaller than I expected but she is cute and great for a younger child to play with or carry around.

Melissa & Doug Natalie - 12" Doll