Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on January 10, 2012
I bought this doll for my 5.5 year old. She loves being a "mommy" to her babies and playing with her mylittleponys' and barbies' hair, so I wanted a toy that would combine the two. I spend hours searching for the right doll--it was a challenge finding a doll with "just enough" hair that was still a "baby," with hair that would not become too matted/tangled, that was portable, whose eyes closed on laying down (she has blond "hair" eye lashes), and soft enough to hug.

My daughter is very happy with Natalie. Natalie looks cuter in person than online. She does have that baby powder/plastic-y smell but it wasn't as bad as I'd read in reviews and it is not as strong after a few days out of the box. My only complaint is that she is so small; it would be nice if she were closer to 16." If you part her hair you will see her "scalp" (which I knew prior to purchase) but my daughter doesn't care. We are both happy with this doll.
0Comment26 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2011
My almost two-year old daughter has this doll and has recently really started enjoying it. She brushes Natalie's hair, puts her 'night-night', and helps 'change' her. We also got a feeding set and she likes giving Natalie a bottle. The doll is a good size for her to carry around, and overall it's been a successful purchase.
on June 12, 2012
The doll is precious, and step daughter (2 yrs old) loves her. We made her a potty and a diaper so that she could practice potty-training with Dolly. This doll really has gotten my step-daughter interested in using the potty herself. She loves that the doll eyes close when she (the kid) lies down to take a nap, and that the doll has real hair that she can comb. We are also trying to wean my step daughter off of her pacifier. Putting the little pacifier into her doll's mouth when she wants one during the day seems to help calm that craving.

Like so many other reviewers, I want to give this doll five stars for being so awesome, but I can't because it is scented. I contacted Melissa and Doug and asked them if they make any unscented dolls, and they don't! I couldn't believe it! The scent doesn't smell like any baby I have ever whiffed. It's cloyingly strong and cheap-smelling; me and my husband really hate it. Dolly then went for a ride in the washing machine on cold against manufacturers instructions, and it made her smell a little better, but I still don't like her near my face.

And yes she came out fine from the washing machine. She needed to have her hair re-styled, but other than than everything was fine. I wouldn't put her in the dryer, though, I think her hair would melt.
on December 22, 2011
I bought this doll for my daughter because she like to rub hair while sucking her thumb. Shes only 10 monthes old and the toy is aged 18 monthes plus. I thourghly checked it over before giving it too her and found no loose parts she may choke on. The plus is, its great for babies. The negative is, I bought the doll for her to rub the hair but the hair is maybe 3" or 4" long. Hard for her to grasp onto. When she is able to hold onto it she sleeps like a baby =). The smell just smells like a baby doll. Nothing bad just that fabric softner/plasticy smell baby dolls smell like. Over all I would buy this again for the price just wish the hair was a bit longer. It seems very durable and none of the hair has been pulled out which is another plus.
11 comment11 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2011
I have a little cousin name Natalie and the doll has the same name. She loves her. Very cute and I like that it sits. Size was ok for her, 2yrs.
on January 11, 2012
I purchased this doll after the first one was put on backorder. I am so glad we got this one! She is the perfect size for my 3 year old and she loves to give her the binky that came with her and she loves to put her to bed!! I was worried about the smell because some of the other reviewers noted the strong odor..not as bad as they said. SHe does have a sweet powder like smell to her but it is a bonus in my opinion. Very happy with the purchase!!!
on December 23, 2013
this is not a cute doll. I bought these for Christmas-both a blonde and a brunette version. I was not impressed by the photo but it got so many rave reviews I thought they must be cuter in person- I was wrong. Hair is weird. Cant believe this is a Melissa and Doug product.
on October 17, 2012
Watch out American Doll!! Melissa and Doug have a winner - cute as cute can be - sturdy - good hair - very reasonably priced. I do wish they had more selections for 12" doll cloths, though. The pacifier is perfect and fits the doll's mouth very well. Just tie a string on it and pen it to her clothing or you'll be searching for it more often than you will appreciate.
on December 20, 2013
Natalie has BROWN hair, not blonde as in the picture!!!!! She is an adorable doll, and great quality. I specifically wanted one with blonde hair though, so I am very disappointed.
on November 9, 2012
This doll is nowhere near as pretty as it looks in the picture the bangs are little short pieces of hair that stick out straight. She is a homely little thing so she is going back and I will shop in person for a doll. This is a very misleading photo I am afraid she would scare my 2 yr old granddaughter.Melissa & Doug Natalie - 12" Doll

See 1 answered question