Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 15, 2007
Another great product from Melissa and Doug. This, and the similar Melissa & Doug Construction Wooden Chunky Puzzle, were my 21-month-old son's first jigsaw puzzles, and he loved them on sight! Because these puzzles are made of thick, sturdy wood, there are some not-completely-smooth edges. No biggie -- I gave them a little buffing with very fine sandpaper and they were fine.

He worked with the puzzle, with a little help from Mom & Dad, until he had literally memorized it and could put it together lightning-fast. Now, at 24 months, he enjoys putting his puzzles together wood-side-up, too, so we're really getting our money's worth with this thing.

One thing to note is that, after much love and enjoyment, the paper is starting to wear at the edges. And my son actually managed to tear some of it off one of the puzzles in a moment of toddler curiosity. However, contact cement pasted the paper back on and all is well again.

The recommended age is 3+, but I think kids much younger than that can enjoy starting to learn how to work jigsaw puzzles. The look of pride when they figure out how to put them together is priceless!
on January 23, 2016
This was the first wooden jigsaw I bought for my boys and have since bought several. The pieces fit a little snug in the beginning but after a few times doing the puzzle they loosen up. These puzzles are great for little ones, easy to do, durable and my son loves this vehicles one.
on June 22, 2014
Though the product says it is made for age 3 and up, my two year old son loves this puzzle. When I first received it, he put it together about 10 times a day. One of the puzzle pieces did break, but it got constant use and the puzzle is still easily assembled. That one broken piece is essentially two pieces now.
on December 28, 2014
My family buys Melissa & Doug products simply because they are well made, last a long time, and the kids love them! So this Christmas I decided to give out Melissa & Doug puzzles to my sisters children. They opened them, and immediately starting playing with them. These make great Christmas gifts (or birthday gifts) for small children, and they will last more than just a few days like the cheap cardboard puzzles. They are built for tough use! Both the puzzle pieces and frame holder are made out of wood. I do recommend.
on November 30, 2014
Melissa & Doug wooden puzzles are the best. I purchased this for my 2 year old grand son and he has outgrown his single piece Melissa & Doug puzzles. He loves trucks, cars, and such. Good and sturdy - perfect for little ones. I love that these have frames that the puzzle fits inside of, makes it a bit easier to move up to harder puzzles.
on February 8, 2015
I began loving Melissa & Doug products because a good friend of mine introduced me to their products and basically wooden products in general. They are much safer for kids to play with. We have maybe 6 puzzles from M&D and my 3 year old is an expert in putting them together. Helps them learn while having fun too.
on January 19, 2015
Melissa and Doug make great puzzles. My son is a huge car and truck fan so he loves the design. It is made well and I love that it is in a frame to give him boundaries as he puts the puzzle together.
on March 18, 2012
Although the image of the puzzle is great, the quality is EXTREMELY poor. In less than five days, the image started to peel away from the compressed layers of "wood." Melissa and Doug should not even market this as a wooden puzzle due to the poor quality.
on February 24, 2014
I bought this puzzle for a group of 2-3 year olds that I help watch. I was worried it would be too advanced for such a young age group, but they love it. The picture is easy for them to match up, and they love the bright colors.
on January 6, 2014
I love Melissa and doug products. I love how sturdy they are. And this is no exception. Wooden puzzle for a little boy who enjoys puzzles more than anything. And he loves buses. :) Great gift at a great price.

See 1 answered question