Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Melissa & Doug Paint with Water, Blue
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Price:$4.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on April 8, 2012
This is cheap...the paint doesn't come off well. My son spent most of the time just painting with plain water because he got frustrated trying to get the paint off. We ended up soaking the paint square and eventually tearing a hole in it trying to get the paint on the brush and onto the rest of the paper. Pictures are cute. My son ended up preferring to use crayons and coloring the pictures.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon January 17, 2016
My youngest daughter just loves paint with water books and these are a step up from the ones she loved as a toddler. The book has 20 fun illustrations and all you need is water and a paintbrush. Just run the wet brush over each color section to activate the paint, and then paint. Make sure and tear the sheet out, so the ones behind it don't get wet. If the child uses too much water, you might have a little mess on your hands, and use on a non porous surface. We have an old kitchen table with most of the finish rubbed off, some of the paint water soaked in and is still there, although most was easily wiped away. Each book has 20 pages, and I pay $5 per book at Bealls, Marshalls and a baby boutique here in town. I am always impressed with Melissa and Doug quality. We have had other, cheaper paint with water books that didn't have enough paint, or had tiny pages. These books have big 8" x 11" pages. Also, even though these books have little paint blots, my daughter uses her own paint. The paint in these books include a limited amount and range of colors (6), so I just bought her a little crayola paint palette to use. I definitely suggest it.
on January 29, 2013
Paint colors are not very strong/dark and she often gets bored. She loves the items and we ended up using crayons on the pics. I'd read the reviews so I knew this coming in, but she's all into outerspace and dinos atm so we gave it a shot.
on February 26, 2013
I let my almost two-year old paint with this with direct supervision, even though it says it is rated for age three years and up. I expect a toddler to be messy. That is not what I mean when I say the product is messy. What I mean is that the paint is applied on little pads at the top of each sheet. They are somewhat like a Mary Kay make-up sample that you see at a party. They are difficult to work with, even for me. You effectively have to scrub with your wet paint brush to pick up enough color to be able to paint a few strokes, then return to the pad, scrub to pick up more paint, and apply it again. It will take a toll on the paper if they child has to do this a few times in the same spot. The paper is not made to take much water, which is strange considering that the paint is water-activated.

There is not much paint to use on each page, but perhaps that is a good thing because this WILL stain your child's clothes and ruin them. My daughter got two little dabs of this on her Baby Gap jeans. I took them off and applied Zout immediately. (It has gotten out any number of stains for me, including blood that went everywhere--crib sheet, crib sheet protector, little one's shirt and bottoms, and both crib rail covers when she split her lip on her crib rail while jumping like a fiend.) Guess what? The stain is set. I would never buy this for any toddler or child, unless your child is going to be covered in a full-body smock that you don't care about having stains on, or your child is a perfectly neat little person who never has any accidental spills or mistakes. I'm also concerned about what this would do to carpet and other textiles. Ugh. I cannot recommend it at all, and I regret spending money on it. I will never buy another one of these again. I am off to find the water-activated Crayola painting pages and investigate to see if there is another option from some other company that I am missing.
on July 6, 2013
So much fun for when you have lots of kids over, don't want to make a mess or a quick project. Can't go wrong buying it.
on March 22, 2012
The paint is kinda hard to get off the little squares and isn't enough to actually cover the whole page in paint. My son is only 2.5 and he likes it but most of the time he is just "painting" with the clear water and getting the page wet. Also, the paintbrush that came with it was so cheap, the bristles were all bent and would not straighten out. I use different brushes for it. I would not recommend this toy.
on July 8, 2015