5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality!
Published on January 29, 2010 by Darla

2.0 out of 5 stars Design flaw
The rough side of the Velcro sticks to the gold roping that is near the soft side of the Velcro, so it damages it and makes it look frayed. It's a poor design. The actual costume itself is well made and would probably last for years if it were not for this.
Published 15 months ago by jmegg

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality!, January 29, 2010
Darla (Coppell, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Pirate Costume Role Play Set (Toy)
I normally buy my little boy's costumes at the internet Halloween costume types of stores but I needed a Pirate costume for an upcoming birthday party and saw this cute one on Amazon.com. I must say this costume is the very best quality I have EVER seen in a costume. The material is thick (as compared to many of the thin and fragile costumes sold out there) and fits well. I would highly recommend this one and will make sure I check out the Melissa & Doug brand for any future costume purchases. I know their toys are well made and now can say their clothing items are too.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME COSTUME!!!!, May 6, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Pirate Costume Role Play Set (Toy)
I was so reluctant to buy this without having my son try it on. I took a chance based on other positive reviews, and I am SO glad I did! He absolutely loves this costume! The jacket is made out of fabric (not plastic) and is very thick and durable. In addition, the jacket has velcro closures that are actually sewn into the material...they aren't coming off! The hat and sword are both also well made and durable...not flimsy at all. This was a great value and my son enjoyed wearing it so much for his third birthday party, that he has work the jacket everyday since!! Oh, and a note on the size...he is 3 and wears a size 7...he is both very tall and a bit chubby...it fit GREAT!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality costume for the money!, May 11, 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Pirate Costume Role Play Set (Toy)
I bought this costume for my 3-year-old son who is really into pirates. He loved it. It's great quality. The top/vest is hard to tell from the picture, but it's a vest with sleeves that wraps around the child and velcros in the front, so you can put it on over clothes really easily, which is convenient. The one complaint is that the handle of the sword is black and the black rubs off on your child's hand, but put some clear packing tape over that and it's easily fixed. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Larger than expected, August 1, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Pirate Costume Role Play Set (Toy)
I agree with the other reviewers that this costume is very well made and will be around for a few years worth of Halloweens.
The description though states that it fits starting 36 mo olds and also describes velcro closures.
My son turned 3 last month and is swimming in this thing with the sword holder at his ankles!
There are velcro closures, but not very adjustable to pull in the shirt/vest.
It fits me at 100 pounds better than it fits my 35 pound child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Three Things..., October 22, 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Pirate Costume Role Play Set (Toy)
1. I have never seen any Halloween costume as durable as this one!
2. Amazing price for this quality.
3. Includes everything you need to become a one-night pirate.

Don't think, just get it! You will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior quality!, February 28, 2010
K. Hyatt (South Jersey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Pirate Costume Role Play Set (Toy)
I bought this pirate costume for my 4 year old grandson and he loves it! The tricorner hat, dagger (soft, so he won't put his baby sister's eye out), and costume itself (actually a really soft cloth, not paper or plastic) are great quality. I was pleasantly surprised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, March 19, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Pirate Costume Role Play Set (Toy)
Way better than any pirate costume I've seen. Very durable and cute. The sword is made of foam, so it's less likely my kids will hurt each other with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable pirate role playing, February 22, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Pirate Costume Role Play Set (Toy)
This was purchased for my almost 3 year old son. He really loves it. It is made of a very high grade material so it should last a good long while. It is also built generously so it fits my kiddo (with lots of room to spare) that wears most 5T stuff. The hat is a bit on the awkward side, though. My kiddo's head is fairly big and the hat falls off his head. I think you'd have to hold it on no matter what the kids were doing. With my son the hat usually ends up on the floor. The eye patch is very nice. It's made out of soft fabric instead of hard plastic which is great. I was worried that my son wouldn't use it but he put it right on. Overall, it's a great purchase but it would make more sense to include a pirate bandana instead of the awkward plastic hat but you can't win them all, right?

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Pirate outfit for hours/days/years of play!, July 28, 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Pirate Costume Role Play Set (Toy)
This is a great pirate outfit. We got it so our little could dress up as a Pirate for when the Seafair pirates landed on the beach. Our little one is 5 (and an average 5) and it fit her perfect. It looks like she will get a couple more years of use out of it as well. We even had to throw it in the wash and it washed perfectly!

The only thing I'd recommend is picking up a cheap eye patch somewhere else. It kept falling off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandson loved it, May 23, 2011
Rick Graham (Bend, OR United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Pirate Costume Role Play Set (Toy)
Melissa & Doug products never disappoint. The costume is of high quality and very easy to put on and take off. For the little pirate lovers out there, this is a must!

Melissa & Doug Pirate Costume Role Play Set