4.0 out of 5 stars Good beginner puzzle, could be improved.
I posted this review on my blog: ([...])

A hint for anyone who buys these wooden puzzles. For reasons I do NOT understand, the puzzle does not have a picture in the wooden tray. I would think that since this is a beginner puzzle it should have a picture. A removable laminated one would be perfect giving the puzzle a longer life so that the picture could be...
Published on April 4, 2011 by Amanda Dittlinger

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommanded
After reading the other review I baught this puzzle for my son. I have had this puzzle for about a week now, and prob. going to have to toss it. As if with the tightness mentioned in the other review isnt already frustrationg enough, The puzzle pieces are made with layerd wood and taking the puzzle apart made the peices crack&chip and now have little wood peices all over...
Published on March 17, 2008 by Sarah F. Ryan

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Vivid colors; tight fit only lasts a few times, January 4, 2012
Petra (Washington, D.C.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Playful Pets Jigsaw (12 pc) (Toy)
This puzzle has lovely graphics and a sturdy construction. As others have mentioned, the pieces are tight and difficult to maneuver right out of the box, because they are all wood and cut from one piece. After about three uses, however, they are now smooth and fit together well. I have not had a problem with splinters, but if you are too rough when you first break apart the pieces, I could see how splinters might develop.

My 21-month old daughter loves this puzzle, and had no trouble putting it together without a visual "guide." The colors of each area are very distinguishable, so it's pretty easy to determine where each piece connects. We are happy customers!

2.0 out of 5 stars Substandard Product, August 20, 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Playful Pets Jigsaw (12 pc) (Toy)
Here is the timeline of this product:
After first two plays, little wood pieces started chipping off;
In about two weeks, the pictures started peeling off;
In about one month, layered wood started falling apart.

Will I still buy puzzle from this company? Maybe, no one else selling small puzzle set for toddlers. What choice do I have? But I do pray to God that somebody will be making a better product soon and drive Melissa & Doug out of business.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality for the money, March 24, 2011
Andrew (Batesville, AR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Playful Pets Jigsaw (12 pc) (Toy)
For the cost, this puzzle is not well made. The pieces were locked together so firmly that the puzzle was very difficult to get apart. The edges had visible splinters, and over the course of a few days, the tray warped to the point that it doesn't sit flat on a table. The edges of the image on the pieces began to fray immediately as the puzzle was taken apart. To make the puzzle usable, I had to spend 15 minutes sanding the interlocking edges, placing a slight bevel on the bottom of each piece. I then rubbed a white crayon on each edge surface. This made the puzzle easy to work for my 2 year old grand daughter. On the plus side, the image is bright and colorful, and the puzzle is simple enough for a toddler to work. Considering that the puzzle is made in China and probably cost next to nothing to produce, they could have spent a few minutes finishing the edges of the pieces and lacquering the image so that it is more durable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased and Delighted, January 21, 2009
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Playful Pets Jigsaw (12 pc) (Toy)
This is a marvelous puzzle for a toddler. I was amazed at the sturdiness of the puzzle pieces when it arrived. The pieces can withstand a lot of handling. The size of each piece makes it very easy for a toddler to find. The colors and artistry is eye-catching. This is a quality item and I would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Piece, January 16, 2009
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Playful Pets Jigsaw (12 pc) (Toy)
This puzzle made the little angel in my life squeal with delight! She was so excited! I was pleased with the quality and attractiveness of the puzzle. It is so cute!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Puzzle, August 29, 2008
Kindle Customer "amyH" (Edwardsville, Illinois United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Playful Pets Jigsaw (12 pc) (Toy)
This is a great wooden puzzle for a small child. My daughter is three and can complete by herself. Good sturdy pieces and a cute design.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great puzzle, wish it had a picture template on the bottom, January 10, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Playful Pets Jigsaw (12 pc) (Toy)
I love the Melissa and Doug puzzles for helping to build motor skills. They're good quality, sturdy wood that last much longer than cheaper cardboard versions. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is that I wish the puzzle picture was on the wooden base to make it easier for beginner puzzle-doers to start learning how to piece the picture together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these puzzles!, November 13, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Playful Pets Jigsaw (12 pc) (Toy)
I have bought my 3 year old granddaughter several of these puzzles. The Melissa & Doug puzzles are very well made. My granddaughter plays with them over and over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Melissa and Doug Playful Pets Jigsaw puzzle 12 pieces, November 3, 2012
Ann Aurelio (Long Island, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Playful Pets Jigsaw (12 pc) (Toy)
Puzzle is big and colorful and interesting to look at. Purchased it for when my 2 year old grandson comes to visit. He loves it! I already purchased another puzzle with a different pic. he loved this so much. I recommend purchasing these puzzles they are fun for little hands and sturdy too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great puzzle!!, November 30, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Playful Pets Jigsaw (12 pc) (Toy)
I bought this for my 21 months old daughter. It is a great toy, she loves it! The parts are very durable, quality of the puzzle is very good! She doesn't seem to get tired of playing with it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

Melissa & Doug Playful Pets Jigsaw (12 pc)
$7.99