Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

Format: Toy|Change

on December 12, 2009
I have three kids under five and I have run the gamut for finding baby toys. You can't beat this toy for baby girls. My one year old loves it and my three year old wants to take it from her. It's durable, cute, they can slobber on it as much as they want and there's alot to play with. I highly reccomend it. Plus, it's not a cheap plastic toy with a disney princess on it, which is hard to find.
on October 22, 2008
My 22-month-old daughter was really excited when first received this toy but had a hard time taking the items out of the purse - the opening is too narrow. Even I am having a hard time taking the items out, also the wallet is too small to fit all 4 coins - again problem pushing things in. Other than that the purse is very pretty and of a good quality.
on January 10, 2011
I got this for my daughter who was 16 months, and she plays with it once in a while, but I would recommend it for a younger child--maybe 9-12 months? It is really cute, and seems durable, like most Melissa & Doug products, but it doesn't hold her interest for long. The sounds and textures would have appealed to her more earlier
on July 15, 2012
I bought this for my daughter's first birthday, she is in the stage where she enjoys putting things in and out. When the purse arrived it looked cute, once we opened it we realized it was too hard for her to pull the items out of the purse. The opening is very small and even her hands are hard to fit in the purse. Not really what I was hoping for.
on January 29, 2009
The opening is too narrow to fill or spill. My daughter received this as a gift for her 1st birthday, she is 17 months old now. She has tried playing with it a few times, but gets bored quickly, it can't be used as intended. Mommy has a hard time using it too. The only part of this she likes is the phone, she likes to walk around pretending to talk on it. But she'll do that with just about anything, so it's not a great selling point.
on May 12, 2012
My daughter has loved this toy since she was 6 months old. Her favorite part is the crinkle coins. She chews on them until the cows come home! Which makes them very wet. My son tried to help clean up one day and put the coins back in the coin pouch and that back inside the purse one way while they were wet and they started to to get moldy. So just be careful of that!
on January 3, 2012
My 18 month old received this as a gift and it is a horrible design. The top opening is so small it is hard to fit everything back into the purse or get anything out. It's difficult for me so my daughter really struggles. Even the coin purse inside is too small for the coins so it is hard to get the coins in and out. I really wanted a purse she could carry around and put things in but it's really just a headache.
on November 30, 2015
My daughter liked the toys inside, but it's nearly impossible for her to take the items out of the purse and the smaller bag and to put the items back in. The opening of purse is so narrow. I don't know what the manufacturer was thinking but even with my daughters tiny hands, it's very difficult to pull items in and out. They really should re-do the dimensions of this purse as it could be a great toy if it wasn't for the narrow openings. It's kind of a waste because i'm throwing out the purse and just letting her play with the items. Not really the purpose of this toy as it could be a great learning tool for her to put toys in and out of compartments. Really really disapointed with this.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 5, 2013
I usually love Melissa and Doug products. I read several reviews on first purses before choosing this one. The plush accessories this one comes with are cute. However, the purse and coin purse are of no use because it is too difficult to fill and spill. My daughter received it at 14 months and still at 17 months finds it too difficult. I read that people said the opening of the purse was too small but it seemed to be a problem with many of the purses. Also, this purse is mostly clear plastic. It feels pretty cheap. I ended up purchasing the Fisher Price Laugh & Learn purse later. She LOVES the Fisher Price purse. It has different modes for music or learning like most Fisher Price toys. It's very easy for her to put stuff in and take stuff out which she is very into. I also love all the accessories that come with the Laugh and Learn purse. The dollar bill is crinkly and little ones love that.
on March 21, 2016
Very well made toy. My 15 month old granddaughter loved it. My only negative comment is that I think the coin purse had velcro in an inconvenient place to actually close it, and the "coins" could have been slightly smaller. But the toy was good quality and should please any little girl.

See 1 answered question