Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now

on April 6, 2012
This set of sand molding toys is well-made and sturdy. Great addition to the usual bucket & shovel at the beach or sandbox. The molds are sized perfectly for little children, and will help make sandplay more fun as they can cover the beach/sandbox with animals including: turtle, fish, starfish, crab, and seahorse. The smallest piece (seahorse) is as big as my palm and the largest (turtle) is the size of a large dinner plate. Very well done set!
on October 18, 2011
This fun set has all of the quality and "cute" factor to be expected of a toy made by Melissa & Doug, without all the bells and whistles. The sand molds are all very adorable. My daughter loves making shapes in the sand with this set. An added benefit to this set is that the pieces all nest inside of each other, making it easy to store for future use. This set is great for toddlers, who are not quite able to build complicated sand castles. The molds are easy to use, and create fun shapes that kids can be proud of.
**I received this set to review. I was not compensated to write a positive/negative review. All opinions come from my personal experience with the product.**
on June 4, 2013
I am a dedicated Melissa & Doug fan when it comes to toys for my daughter (and soon-to-be-born son). They have a great selection for all ages and interests, and their products are made so well. In addition to most of their play-food line, we already have the Flex Octopus Kids' Beach Tote Bag to hold the Seaside Sidekicks Sand Baking Set, and the Happy Giddy Trowel and Cultivator; also have the Bollie Ladybug Kickball- we love them all! But I thought a good sand molding set was in order (one of my favorite beach vacation activities as a kid!) and was so happy to find this one.
5 different sizes, 5 different aquatic animals, bright cheerful colors, and they nest, so we can squeeze them into the tote along with the other toys. Plus, everything matches since its the same line (Sunny Patch, which my daughter loves.). And they're not gender specific, meaning when my daughter grows out of using them, my son can take them over- I know they'll last a couple of years at least.
Price is great- another reason I like Melissa & Doug (and on Amazon too!). Only hangup was delivery from Amazon. They grouped it with a separate order I'd put in almost a week later (why?) so it took twice as long to arrive. But otherwise satisfied with the purchase as it arrived neatly wrapped, clean and in perfect condition. Can't wait for a good beach weekend so my daughter and I can play in the sand!
on August 22, 2014
These are really cute, but I wish the details on the pieces were better by being more indented. You basically get the outer shape of the pieces but none / very little of the details (e.g. eyes, fins, legs, turtle shell), so it's hard to tell what they are. Identification by the outer shape pretty much only works for the star and seahorse. As for the other pieces, you can't necessarily tell what they are. When I made the turtle for my 4-year-old nephew, he couldn't tell what it was.
on August 9, 2014
Very cute! Grands love it. The only negative is that I really wanted these to play in Moon Sand out in the yard and wanted smaller forms so it could go a longer way for all. These are graduated sizes and the bigger ones take alot of sand to fill and then flip to make the characters. For me, I would rather have had a set of mostly small forms but they do love them and they work fine in the sandbox, too.
on June 22, 2015
All the kids LOVED playing in the sand with these. The sizes are perfect and they fit in our suitcase just right because they all go into the turtle. They are thick and sturdy to withstand our beach boys!
on May 12, 2015
This was part of Melissa and Dougs beach toys, gave to gand daughter for Easter (put all items below in basket for her ) she absolutely enjoys all of them and places each piece on the floor and plays with it , Can't wait to get to beach so she can make the molds
on March 29, 2014
I like how all of these stack together, makes for easy storage. Haven't tried them with sand yet, but the bigger ones work ok with a flour/baby oil mixture. The sea horse didn't work so well but I am hoping it works better with actual sand
on May 14, 2011
Very cute, nice quality, fun shapes and colors. The seahorse is small, so it's hard to see it's shape in the sand and the sand will stick into the smallest parts of it's shape if it's a little wet, but it's still cute. They're a nice variety of sizes-love the turtle! My youngest likes to turn it upside down and fill it with things ;)
The color faded a little after being left in the sun (gold fish in particular), but otherwise, these toys are fabulous. All five toys make excellent sand and dirt shapes, given proper conditions (enough water, etc.). The toys nest inside of each other, making them easier to transport.

See 1 answered question