5.0 out of 5 stars excellent!
I love this toy for my 3 yr old daughter, and she will play with it quietly for ages. Unlike the other reviews of the other magnetic M+D dress up, this comes with a carrying case so all the pieces stay together. I keep it in her room for quiet time, and it's also great for travel. Perfect!
Published on January 25, 2010 by J. Lovett

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality is questionable
These magnetic parts didn't magnetize nearly as well as reasonably expected. Some of the pieces were bent and I was sorely disappointed.

At the time I was too busy to think about returning this item on time for a replacement or refund, however there is no excuse for packaging and sending a toy in this condition.
Published on August 28, 2011 by Citizen John

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent!, January 25, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a 5 year old!, July 23, 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tops and Tights Magnetic Dress-Up Set (Toy)
I just bought this for a friend's grandaughter who was turning 5, and she tells me she loves it! It was a hit, and one of the most often played with toys at the house. I highly recommend it, and the price is right. You can also play different types of games with it like memory, or the kids can trace the dolls and then design their own outfits on them. Such a fun toy & makes for easy clean up w/the carrying case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy toddler, January 22, 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tops and Tights Magnetic Dress-Up Set (Toy)
My 2 1/2 yr old loves this doll set. Her 1 1/2 yr old friend loves it as well. My daughter will sit and play w/ this endlessly. The vinyl bag is perfect as it is easy to keep all of the pieces together and to travel with it. We take it to church for quiet play. There are enough pieces/dolls to share. This is one of her favorite toys of all time (and there for mine too!). This is one of those toys I would consider stocking up on for future gifts. The perfect gift for any little girl.

5.0 out of 5 stars My girls love their dress-up dolls and there Mom loves the bag!, January 3, 2011
Lisa928 (NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tops and Tights Magnetic Dress-Up Set (Toy)
I love Melissa and Doug toys, but I really love this set. Mostly for the bag. I know it may sound weird, but if you buy Melissa and Dough toys you know how frustrating it can be to have such nice wooden boxes, but no cover so they fall right out. With this bag my 2 year old twin girls can open it by themselves and even clean up when they are done although they cannot snap the snaps. There are some small parts that I put away for when they are older, but they love the four dolls (two dolls that are double sided) to get them dressed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute!, August 21, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tops and Tights Magnetic Dress-Up Set (Toy)
My 3 year old received this as a birthday present. She just opened it and has been very engaged in changing the girls' clothes. Since it is magnetic, it is easier to change outfits than a real doll. I appreciate the cultural diversity of the girls. I also appreciate the solid wood of each piece and the large number of varieties of outfits that are possible (there are more possibilities than I thought there would be).

The only con of this set is that all the "hair ties" and bows are so tiny, we're bound to lose a few and find them turning up all over the house eventually. Need to grab a zip lock bag to keep them all together.

Please note that there are only 2 dolls but they are double-sided.

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat toy for little ones..., March 1, 2013
The Real Beach Nana (Haslett, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tops and Tights Magnetic Dress-Up Set (Toy)
We have purchased several magnet/wooden doll sets in the past but the problem was there was no closed bag for the items to be stored in. This comes with a bag that closes (one of the main reasons we ordered it) however, the bag doesn't close all the way! There are TINY accessories that come with the set and they have a tendency to slip out the open corner of the bag. That aside, the dolls are very well made, the accessories are adorable and my girls have loved playing with them. I would definitely recommend this toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality toy., December 20, 2010
Nuknuk (Springfield, VA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tops and Tights Magnetic Dress-Up Set (Toy)
Great quality toy overall. Even the bag with a handle that comes with it is made of thick see-thru material. Each wooden piece is well-cut without sharp edges and no worries for any splinters.
The two wooden dolls are double sided. Lots of pieces and accessories. It seems very durable and may last for years to come.

Magnets and dress-up dolls are an excellent combination. I remember my sister used to play with cut-out cardboards and colored pencils.

5.0 out of 5 stars FUN, FUN, FUN!!!, February 10, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tops and Tights Magnetic Dress-Up Set (Toy)
I had bought some paper dolls for my 4 year old grandaughter so she and I would have fun without her brothers. Needless to say they do not make paper dolls like they were in my day. We both had problems handling them. Then, I discovered "Melissa & Doug" magnetic dress up dolls. We had so much fun using our imaginations. In fact the boys kept pestering us to let them play also. Fortunately,I found that "Melissa &Doug" have a magnetic one for boys and now they imagine along with us. The dolls are so easy to dress up. The magnetic dolls are very well made. The only complaint is that when different girl dolls were purchased, that the clothes were not interchangeable with the ones we had.

5.0 out of 5 stars Won't be disappointed, November 16, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tops and Tights Magnetic Dress-Up Set (Toy)
This set is awesome and it comes with all the accessories to make fun time FUN! The added case for storage is awesome

5.0 out of 5 stars Dress-Up Set - GREAT substitution for paper dolls!, October 23, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Tops and Tights Magnetic Dress-Up Set (Toy)
I bought this for my grand daughter, almost 2 at the time. She lives 2,000 miles away from me and I'm sure she didn't remember 'grandma' gave it to her when I visited about a year later for 10 days. While there she brought this out and played with it on the floor. My daughter said she LOVES it and mom loves it because it is easy for a child to use, durable, fun and can be put away easily! Parents love the little 'tote' bag.

My grand daughter and I played with this for a long time - we had SO much FUN :)

Great product, very durable, well made, for many ages. It also teaches hand/eye ... hey, I played for a long time! I recommend to anyone.

Melissa & Doug Tops and Tights Magnetic Dress-Up Set