5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful set for kids
Published on May 2, 2012 by cicisbo

3.0 out of 5 stars Maddie's Vet Set
The first set we received had broken parts. I was shipped a second set which was much better. I do not like when you order a set and you are not aware that batteries are necessary to operate some of the items.
Published on June 21, 2010 by Bonnie Drozdowicz

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful set for kids, May 2, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Veterinarian Role Play Costume Set (Toy)
My daughter wanted this for Career Day, and she loves it. The shipping was super fast, and for the price of the toy, it's well worth it. The jacket is extremely durable, not flimsy like some vet jackets on out there. This outfit fits children 3 to 6, but my daughter is 7, and the jacket fits her fine, with enough room to grow in. The stethoscope is cute. It barks when you push the button. Since my daughter wants to be a veterinarian when she grows up, this was the perfect set for her.

4.0 out of 5 stars My Daughter Loves it, January 12, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Veterinarian Role Play Costume Set (Toy)
A very cute and durable Vet coat, hat and face mask with plastic toys perfect for a 5 year old hands. The only down side is the stethescope did not have batteries, and requires the little electronic batteries which can be expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Gift, December 18, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Veterinarian Role Play Costume Set (Toy)
This seller fulfilled by Amazon, Best Service Stores, was fast! I received it in 2 days.

Even after reading the reviews, I was still surprised at the nice quality of the fabric items. It was packaged very well. The ID card in the pocket leaves a place to customize it with a small photo.

As others have mentioned, the stethoscope doesn't include the required button batteries: two 1.5 volt (LR44 AG13 or 357), which can run $5 apiece or more! I substituted #675 1.4 volt drugstore brand on sale at about 40 cents each, and they work just fine. Curiously, the stethoscope when pressed doesn't play a heartbeat - but your child will know their teddy bear or bunny is really sick when it barks four times!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love!!, June 24, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Veterinarian Role Play Costume Set (Toy)
Purchased this for my daughter's 6th birthday. She loves animals and would like to be a veterinarian. She loves dressing up in her new "work clothes". She even got chocolate ice cream and an assortment of other snacks on it. I threw it in the washer and it was good as new...a blessing to any mom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, February 1, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Veterinarian Role Play Costume Set (Toy)
Bought this for my niece and she loves it. She turned 9 and wants to be a veterinarian, so she wears the smock when she volunteers at the animal shelter.

4.0 out of 5 stars 4- year old loved it, June 12, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Veterinarian Role Play Costume Set (Toy)
Gave this to my grandson for his birthday and he loved it! Wish it came in larger sizes cuz my 5-yr. Old grandson wanted one too. Good quality as far as I could tell. Definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hit of the party, April 14, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Veterinarian Role Play Costume Set (Toy)
This costume was the hit of the party. I bought this for my great niece that just turned 3. She is quite the animal lover. She wanted all of the pieces of the outfit on and was kept quite busy with taking care of the puppy patient. She seemed to know just what to do with all of the instruments. We were amazed that she wanted the mask on and kept it on for some time. I was very impressed with how well made the product was. I felt that it was well worth the money I paid. The only reason I only gave 3 stars for the educational value is I'm not sure how it applies, other than invoking imagination.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 years later...., September 2, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Veterinarian Role Play Costume Set (Toy)
I bought this for my Granddaughter when she was 4, she's 6 now and she still loves her vet costume! This has been one of the best Amazon buys I have made. The quality of this play costume set is wonderful! She looks so cute when she plays vet. :) She even wore it a year after receiving it (that's how durable it is, still looked new!) as her Halloween costume!

She loves to play vet and lines up all her stuffed animals to doctor them up. She has even given her real pets play shots and listened to their heart beat with the stethoscope. The stethoscope is the only thing I think should be changed. Since the outfit came with a toy dog it makes barking sounds when you listen to the heartbeat,...so of course when she uses it on a cat (real or stuffed) or any other animal it still barks. :D It should sound like a heartbeat instead of a barking dog. Other than that this is a nice little costume for the kids. They look cute running around with the little cap and gown on. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars My 2 year old loves this., January 10, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Veterinarian Role Play Costume Set (Toy)
My 2 year old got this for Christmas. She is fascinated by doctors and vets, and she gets hours of fun out of giving all her stuffed animals check-ups. The only 2 negatives, I would say, are that there are not a lot of actual medical supplies with the kit. No scissors, for example, or clippers, or play medicine containers. Secondly, it's kind of disappointing that the stethoscope doesn't come with batteries. I haven't bothered to buy them yet, and my daughter doesn't know the difference, so it's not a big deal in our case. Just an inconvenience. These are minor complaints; overall, it's a great toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, December 11, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Veterinarian Role Play Costume Set (Toy)
The fabric is very good quality! Going to hold up with lots of play for sure!! I was looking at the Doc McStuffins coat for my 3 and 2 year old daughters. After the very poor reviews, I am very thankful that I choose this!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!! VERY PLEASED!!

Melissa & Doug Veterinarian Role Play Costume Set