4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely doll
Published on November 28, 2010 by Irishlawlass

3.0 out of 5 stars Ballerina Doll
This doll is wonderful in all ways EXCEPT ONE! It has some kind of fragrance on it that is offensive to anyone with sensitivity to fragrances. I am very surprised that a toy by this company and intended for young children would have a strong fragrance added to it. If it weren't for the strong fragrance, this would be a lovely doll.
Published on December 26, 2010 by Lynea

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely doll, November 28, 2010
Irishlawlass (Cleveland, Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Victoria - 14" Ballerina Doll (Toy)
We bought this for our daughter who will be 22 months (almost 23 months) at Christmas. She's all about ballerina stuff right now so we knew she'd really be excited about this doll. I opened the box to take off the 10,000 twist ties and 42 yards of tape that hold her in the box before I wrap the box for Christmas. I didn't want my daughter to unwrap this doll and be excited to play with her, only to be forced to stand there doing her impatient dance while my husband or I work feverishly for a half hour to free the doll from its packaging. Anyway, I was pleased with the size of this doll and the overall appearance. The doll also has a nice scent -- I think it was baby powder or vanilla or something. Her arms and legs move. We bought our daughter a couple toddler books about ballerinas to accompany the doll and a pink tutu. This is as nice a doll as any I could imagine for a little one who loves ballerinas.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cute, posable, durable doll, September 16, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Victoria - 14" Ballerina Doll (Toy)
I bought this for my 21 month old who is starting to notice her playmates' dolls and wanted one of her own. I was looking for one that she couldn't easily destroy--she's still rough with her toys--and that was age appropriate. I wanted a little-girl doll, not an "adult" doll, like a barbie or other high-fashion, anatomically incredible dolls. This one is perfect.

She's very cute, very age-appropriate, and seems quite durable, although we've only had her for a few days. She's a good size for taking everywhere, including to bed--large enough to not be easily lost, small enough to take in the car. Her body is a soft plastick-y substance, and her arms and legs are poseable (not bendable, but poseable). Her head turns and she stands up pretty well on her own. Her hair is soft and shiny and can be styled.

Four stars instead of five only because of these minor complaints:

The glitter on her tutu comes off--everywhere. It's small glitter, and there aren't huge amounts of it, so it's not a big problem, but if you're a neatness freak like me you should be aware that it will happen. Her hair, although you can style it, is kind of thin and you can see the creepy doll "scalp" under it if you try to comb it into different styles. Again, not a huge deal, just something to be aware of. And she does have an odor--she smells like baby powder. It's a nice enough smell, but it's fairly strong, so if you're an anti-perfume or fragrance kind of person, beware. I assume that this will dissappate with time.

Overall this is a great doll--my daughter loves it and yours probably will too!

3.0 out of 5 stars Ballerina Doll, December 26, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Ballerina Wired, December 11, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Victoria - 14" Ballerina Doll (Toy)
This is a beautiful doll, very well made and comparable to much more expensive dolls. I was able to make clothes for her using a standard 14" doll pattern.
I bought her for donation to a school for special needs children. The four-year-old who wanted her would have been very disappointed to wait so long for an adult to unpackage her. That's my only complaint. She was so thoroughly wired into the box that it took my husband and me almost an hour and various tools to get her unfastened from the box without damaging her. MELISSA & DOUG VICTORILA: Puleese, please rethink your packaging. I replaced all the wiring with two narrow pink ribbons that held the doll in efficiently. I'm so glad I did because then she could be removed with a pull on the ribbons. Warning to all purchasers: Unpack her before you gift wrap her or you'll have a very fristrated and anxious child waiting for her gift.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good alternative to the "other" plastic dolls!, March 15, 2011
PacNW Mom (North Bend, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Victoria - 14" Ballerina Doll (Toy)
I purchased this doll for my four year old who is starting to become aware of all the more "sophisticated" dolls on the market. In an effort to stave off the fashionista dolls for a little longer, we agreed on this one. The size of the doll is just perfect for a child who loves pretend play and bringing her new friend along. I have been able to find other clothes to fit at specialty toy shops. The only potential negative is once you take her hair out of the bun she arrives with, it's never quite the same!

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed., December 31, 2011
kayti (ripon, ca United States) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Victoria - 14" Ballerina Doll (Toy)
i purchased this doll as a reward for potty training my almost three year old. she loves "bictoria" (almost three year speak for "victoria") but is continually frustrated with her. she is impossible to dress and undress (even for me!). the smell (something like baby powder) is very strong. her hair is not as lovely as i first thought and came loose from her bun almost immediately upon exit from the box. the material of her slippers snags on everything. i simply wish toys were made from quality materials...so very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, September 19, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Victoria - 14" Ballerina Doll (Toy)
My niece is loving her new doll! I would certainly recommend this product to anyone looking for a present to give to a future ballerina like my niece!

5.0 out of 5 stars melissa doll, August 20, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Victoria - 14" Ballerina Doll (Toy)
melissa ballerina doll is very cute and looks well made,love her ballerina outfit,will be getting one to match and fit for granddaughter

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandaughter got this for her dance recital and loves it. It is sitting in her room., June 5, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Victoria - 14" Ballerina Doll (Toy)
My granddaughter got this doll for her dance recital and loves it. She has it sitting up in her room on a doll stand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overly secure packaging, February 14, 2014
D. Tirado "Old Bookie" (Niagara Falls...slowly I turned!) - See all my reviews
Loved the doll!

BUT...it took over an hour and wire cutters to get it out of the box! I'm so glad I read the reviews and was forewarned about the overly secure packaging and took care of it BEFORE I gave the gift. I tied a hot pink satin ribbon I bought around the dolls waist to hold her in place in the box to wrap it. It would have been rough for a 3 year old to wait that long to get her beautiful ballerina. As it was, she just had to pull on one ribbon to free her for hugging.

I love Melissa & Doug products, they have been my go-to choice for preschool and early-ed gifts since the late 1970s and have celebrated the company's growth without sacrificing quality. I always feel confident selecting a Melissa & Doug toy or craft gift. But they did too good a job on the packaging for this doll!

Melissa & Doug Victoria - 14" Ballerina Doll