Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 28, 2010
We bought this for our daughter who will be 22 months (almost 23 months) at Christmas. She's all about ballerina stuff right now so we knew she'd really be excited about this doll. I opened the box to take off the 10,000 twist ties and 42 yards of tape that hold her in the box before I wrap the box for Christmas. I didn't want my daughter to unwrap this doll and be excited to play with her, only to be forced to stand there doing her impatient dance while my husband or I work feverishly for a half hour to free the doll from its packaging. Anyway, I was pleased with the size of this doll and the overall appearance. The doll also has a nice scent -- I think it was baby powder or vanilla or something. Her arms and legs move. We bought our daughter a couple toddler books about ballerinas to accompany the doll and a pink tutu. This is as nice a doll as any I could imagine for a little one who loves ballerinas.
44 comments|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 16, 2011
I bought this for my 21 month old who is starting to notice her playmates' dolls and wanted one of her own. I was looking for one that she couldn't easily destroy--she's still rough with her toys--and that was age appropriate. I wanted a little-girl doll, not an "adult" doll, like a barbie or other high-fashion, anatomically incredible dolls. This one is perfect.

She's very cute, very age-appropriate, and seems quite durable, although we've only had her for a few days. She's a good size for taking everywhere, including to bed--large enough to not be easily lost, small enough to take in the car. Her body is a soft plastick-y substance, and her arms and legs are poseable (not bendable, but poseable). Her head turns and she stands up pretty well on her own. Her hair is soft and shiny and can be styled.

Four stars instead of five only because of these minor complaints:

The glitter on her tutu comes off--everywhere. It's small glitter, and there aren't huge amounts of it, so it's not a big problem, but if you're a neatness freak like me you should be aware that it will happen. Her hair, although you can style it, is kind of thin and you can see the creepy doll "scalp" under it if you try to comb it into different styles. Again, not a huge deal, just something to be aware of. And she does have an odor--she smells like baby powder. It's a nice enough smell, but it's fairly strong, so if you're an anti-perfume or fragrance kind of person, beware. I assume that this will dissappate with time.

Overall this is a great doll--my daughter loves it and yours probably will too!
on December 11, 2011
This is a beautiful doll, very well made and comparable to much more expensive dolls. I was able to make clothes for her using a standard 14" doll pattern.
I bought her for donation to a school for special needs children. The four-year-old who wanted her would have been very disappointed to wait so long for an adult to unpackage her. That's my only complaint. She was so thoroughly wired into the box that it took my husband and me almost an hour and various tools to get her unfastened from the box without damaging her. MELISSA & DOUG VICTORILA: Puleese, please rethink your packaging. I replaced all the wiring with two narrow pink ribbons that held the doll in efficiently. I'm so glad I did because then she could be removed with a pull on the ribbons. Warning to all purchasers: Unpack her before you gift wrap her or you'll have a very fristrated and anxious child waiting for her gift.
on March 15, 2011
I purchased this doll for my four year old who is starting to become aware of all the more "sophisticated" dolls on the market. In an effort to stave off the fashionista dolls for a little longer, we agreed on this one. The size of the doll is just perfect for a child who loves pretend play and bringing her new friend along. I have been able to find other clothes to fit at specialty toy shops. The only potential negative is once you take her hair out of the bun she arrives with, it's never quite the same!
on December 26, 2010
This doll is wonderful in all ways EXCEPT ONE! It has some kind of fragrance on it that is offensive to anyone with sensitivity to fragrances. I am very surprised that a toy by this company and intended for young children would have a strong fragrance added to it. If it weren't for the strong fragrance, this would be a lovely doll.
on December 31, 2011
i purchased this doll as a reward for potty training my almost three year old. she loves "bictoria" (almost three year speak for "victoria") but is continually frustrated with her. she is impossible to dress and undress (even for me!). the smell (something like baby powder) is very strong. her hair is not as lovely as i first thought and came loose from her bun almost immediately upon exit from the box. the material of her slippers snags on everything. i simply wish toys were made from quality materials...so very disappointed.
on June 28, 2013
I bought it for my 3-year-old girl. She liked to go to sleep with the toy. Because the ballet slipper kept getting off, my daughter kept putting it back. Soon the back side of the ballet slipper was broken. The stitches tore apart.

Another complaint I had was the leotard. What we got was not like what was in the picture -- ours was a deep V-neck shirt. So deep that I think it's inappropriate for a kid toy.
on January 12, 2014
My daughter (2 years 11months old) got this doll as a Christmas gift from my mom (Grandma). The doll is adorable! We've had no issues with her. I've made sure my daughter has left her hair in the bun so I don't have to redo it. The tutu, shoes, and scunci come on and off, but so far she has left the clothes alone. My daughter loves this doll so much, she even takes her to bed. I am very pleased with the quality of this toy.
on February 5, 2014
The doll certainly fit my expectations.
3 year old Granddaughter wanted a Ballet Doll......she loved it. Just appropriate
in all ways for this age.
and also Melissa & Doug is a brand I can trust.
on November 13, 2014
This doll is beyond beautiful. The outfit is adorable. The hair is adorable. My daughter is currently in dance class and she takes this doll with her so her doll can watch her dance. The doll looks just like her so it was worth every penny to me. People often mistake the doll for an American Girl doll.

The only con is that the ballet shoes do not stay on. We did a simple fix and sewed the shoe to the tights in the back. Problem solved!!!!