Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Melissa & Doug Pets Wooden Chunky Puzzle
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on September 27, 2010
I called the customer service and they said they no longer make the hand-painted puzzles. They only have ones with papers on. So if you, like me, looking for hand-painted ones, you won't be able to have them any more :(
I have a two YO who enjoyed the hand-painted ones (she occasionally bite have them in her mouth but that does not affect them like the paper ones).
I wish the makers consider having some varieties as hand-painted again especially that they are targeting toddlers.
VINE VOICEon February 26, 2010
I was so excited to get this puzzle for my little ones. Unfortunately, the item description is misleading. The puzzle looks nice (before the kids get to it) and the chunky pieces were a perfect size! However, this puzzle is NOT hand painted. The puzzle pieces are just faced with a sticker, that easily comes off (in pieces!). That is not the quality I was expecting, especially from Melissa and Doug. I've had the puzzle for 2 months now, and 2 or 3 of the pieces have the stickers mostly peeled off.
on January 5, 2012
This Melissa & Doug Chunky Pets Puzzle is very well-made and toddler-proof. Sturdy (made of out wood) and with paints that are non-toxic and safe.

It has bigger, chunky pieces that are perfect for a child's first experience with puzzles. The puzzle is large, and the individual pieces are cheerful pets that kiddos can identify and appreciate. Perfect introduction to puzzles. The puzzle is bright, cheerful, and very sturdy. Highly recommended for toddlers.
on June 5, 2011
I bought this for my then 18 month old grand daughter to play with when she comes over. I'm always buying her new toys so she has quite a collection at my house now. I knew this one was a hit because as soon as she saw it, she picked up the little yellow cat and kissed it! Later that day, she insisted on to taking the two cats with her in the stroller when we went on our walk. She mastered the puzzle part very quickly so that was not much of a challenge for her. I think the age recommendation should be 12 months instead of 24 months. But, she continues to pick it out of all the other toys in the basket to play with in other ways. She has learned to identify each of the animals and say their names: "poodle", "turtle", "yellow cat", "black cat"... (Grandma just loves to hear her sweet little girl talk!) And, the animals frequently end up being part of other play activities like building with blocks, hide and seek, etc... The construction seems very durable. The pictures look painted on to me-- not hand-painted, maybe silk screened-- but not stickers like other reviewers have reported. Maybe Melissa and Doug changed the manufacturing process because of the complaints. Ours has been played with twice a week for the last three months and still looks brand new. Overall, I think this will be a fun and cute toy for a long time.
on May 1, 2016
My daughter has four of these puzzles even though she is barely a year and has no idea how to put the pieces in yet. But I saw them for a good deal and HAD to get them! The pieces stand up on their own which allows for her to play with them individually, not just as puzzle pieces. The pieces are made of wood and incredibly well made. The paint is seamless and I never worry about how she plays with these--they will hold up! I love Melissa & Doug products! They are high quality toys that are built to withstand play, which is exactly what toys are supposed to do!
on June 7, 2016
I love chunky puzzles and so do my kids. The wood is good quality and holds up so well to my kids play. My daughter loves making all the animal sounds and putting them in their spots. I love how the chunky the animals are because my kids even play with the pieces as if they were toys instead of puzzle pieces.
on February 22, 2016
These are fantastic puzzles. They arnt like most others you get now days that are flimsy or the paint wears off. These are hard, solid, and painted wonderfully. We've had them for a while and my toddler hasn't managed to damage them at all. It's so wonderful how sturdy these are! I plan on buying her more of this brand because the quality is very much worth it.
on July 9, 2009
My daughter is 17 months old and she loves this puzzle. The pieces are thick and durable so it can withstand a little chewing on. The colors are bright and easy to tell the different animals apart. The pieces stay in their place pretty well so when my daughter is putting other pieces in they don't slide around. It is also very helpful that the pictures are also underneath each puzzle piece. She will put the puzzle together and then take it apart only to do it all over again. Its a fun, educational, safe, and overall a great puzzle!
on February 15, 2013
This is a really cute puzzle. Our daughter is almost two, and she loves it (as well as the farm and zoo puzzles). The pieces are easy for her to hold and she was able to figure out how to put them into the holes. The paint is starting to chip some from pieces being dropped and banged together, but I have no complaints other than that. Good quality.
on December 15, 2013
My husband was in a memory care center, A.D, and I bought this for him. He enjoyed putting the correct animals in place. Painful to see a brilliant man reduced to that but it helped him pass the time.

See 1 answered question