Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $8.49 shipping
+ $5.25 shipping
Melissa & Doug Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles in a Box - Sea Life
|Price:||$11.78 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$0.21 (2%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Made using the highest quality materials
- Tested to be safe and durable
- Great fun for your baby and child
- Four compartments in this sturdy wooden box store four different 12-piece puzzles
- Sea life-themed puzzles depict sharks, sea horses, fish and dolphins
- Backs of pieces are shape-coded for easy sorting
- Great for home, school or travel
- Each completed puzzles is 6.75 inches by 4.5 inches
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
Pros: It is very difficult to find puzzles (or any other activities) for adults with cognitive deficits without resorting to childish images or pop culture icons that are usually completely irrelevant. This set of four puzzles, 12 pieces each, are colorful, durable, and though would certainly be enjoyed by kids, are not juvenile pictures. The fact that the sea creatures conjure up memories of the years he spent in Florida is a bonus for us. As his full time caregiver, I appreciate that he developed mastery with this set very quickly and can do them independently for about an hour every evening without getting frustrated or bored. (He is sitting with me at the kitchen table working on them right now as I write this review!) These puzzles have become part of our regular quiet time activity before bed.
Cons: The images on the box were too small for him to see easily for reference, but I assembled each puzzle and made a color photo copy for him to refer to as a guide while he is working. This was an easy solution. The box is great for storage, but the pieces must be 'just so' for the cover to fit, and it is impossible for him to slide it in place by himself. I am sure this would be an issue for most kids under five.
I've just ordered two more Melissa & Doug puzzles "in a box" to offer him more variety, though I think this may matter more to me than to him at this point. If you are looking for an activity for an adult with memory impairments or other cognitive limitations, this could be just the thing. Good luck to you.
1. The lid doesn't have any way to keep it closed. It slides in place, but doesn't lock. This both makes me worry that it can accidentally come open in storage, and it makes it frustrating for my son when he's putting the puzzles together on it and he accidentally slides it.
2. Little wood splinters keep breaking off the bottom of the puzzle pieces. This is dangerous for little ones. Thankfully no one has gotten a sliver.
3. Some of the pictures on the top of the puzzle pieces have already started coming up; I'm going to have glue them back down.
My son does enjoy playing with these puzzles, and at only 12 pieces a puzzle it's something he can do by himself. But the product could be higher quality and better designed. I am disappointed that the pieces are coming apart after less than one month of play.
The quality of wood is exceptional for the price and you get multiple puzzles. I highly recommend this product for age groups 3-6.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Small compact wooden box containing four small compartments that hold the four puzzles. They are stamped on the back with different shapes so as to not get the pieces mixed up. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Jen
These are wonderful beginner puzzles! 12 pieces for each puzzle and each are marked on the back with a shape to keep the four puzzles straight in the box.Published 1 month ago by Deborah Baillesderr
all of Melissa and Doug puzzles are sturdy and colorful. Great product.Published 1 month ago by Lori B.
Great puzzels. Wooden pieces and stores in box nicely. Back of each puzzel piece is marked so kids can tell which pieces go to each puzzel. So smart.Published 2 months ago by Jan
4 year old grandson loves these.
Each puzzle has it's own little box, and they marked them so you can easily tell if the wrong part is in your box!
Purchase for a 2 year old birthday. Perfect. Nice size, durability, skill level. Good transition to tougher ones.Published 2 months ago by Rebecca McNish