5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner from Melissa & Doug
Published on July 15, 2010 by L.L. Urban Achiever

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, but would like more pieces
This is a very sturdy workbench. However, it only includes a few nails to hammer, I think it should include more. Plus, a number of the screw tops have become unglued from the screws.

Published on November 9, 2010 by Melba_T

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner from Melissa & Doug, July 15, 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Wooden Project Workbench (Toy)
This is of the same excellent quality we have come to expect from Melissa & Doug toys. 100% all wood construction, very sturdy and hopelessly fun! This mom was able to assemble it all by herself in 45 minutes and handy she is not. My son loves this work bench and I love that there is no noise, batteries, or electronic doo-dads, just pure old-fashioned imaginative fun. I did give it 5 stars but my only complaint is I wish this toy was made in the U.S.A. For the price paid it seems the company should be able to employ American workers and I would gladly pay more for them to do so.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, but would like more pieces, November 9, 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Wooden Project Workbench (Toy)

My son and I enjoy building things using the diagrams, however we have to take each figure apart before we build a new car/robot/etc. Would be nice to have enough pieces to build multiple cars/robots/etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, January 3, 2011
Elara (Melbourne, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Wooden Project Workbench (Toy)
Easy to assemble, excellent quality. Only complaint is the number of connector pieces. It would have been great to have enough to build two toys at once. We purchased the M&D Tool Kits to expand the set, but the nuts and bolts are not compatible between sets as the threading is of a different size.

5.0 out of 5 stars So great for mechanical learning, May 9, 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Wooden Project Workbench (Toy)
My girls love this and it is so great to see them work and learn to handle items they can use the rest of their lives

5.0 out of 5 stars Child Sized Workbench, July 15, 2010
G. Dunshee "voracious reader" (Maplewood,, MN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Wooden Project Workbench (Toy)
A great toy for kids! The assembly was a bit difficult in spite of the fact that all the pieces were labeled. But the finished product was great! It is durable, and we loved the realistic looking tools, all of which were usable with the nuts, bolts and screws that came with it. My 3 year old grandson loved it and it was a good interactive toy to play with Dad and Grandpa, building things. We liked the instruction/idea book that accompanied the workbench. All in all a very cute and fun toy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok workbench, very limited, June 23, 2013
ET "Dee" (Arlington, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Wooden Project Workbench (Toy)
Returning this item because saw clamp did not work even before my daughter got her hands on it. You are very limited in what you can build with the materials as materials need to be taken apart in order to build something else in the booklet. My daughter was happiest just pounding away so I've decided to just get a tool kit instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first workbench, January 8, 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Wooden Project Workbench (Toy)
I got this for my almost 2 year old son for Christmas and he loves it! He loves to "fix" his toys in his vice and with the screwdriver. He keeps it very organized with the extra pieces in the tray underneath. Very good purchase and it's not plastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Melissa & Doug Delivers A Quality Product Again, January 17, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Wooden Project Workbench (Toy)
This workbench had a diagram and every required piece included--45 minutes to put together by a mechanically-minded adult who said it was easy. Our 4-year-old granddaughter was delighted with tools that really work and are just her size. The workbench is sturdy and well-constructed. The 3 projects included have not yet been attempted but they are attractive to a child. Additional projects are available. I see other potential ways to play with the workbench. It could be used for a pretend play as a store counter, library check-out place, doctor or vet examiing table--anything that has a counter. It also could be used for stand-up art projects. This toy will last forever and doesn't take up much space. A reminder--it won't fit in your car trunk after being assembled, but it will fit in the front seat. Or, borrow an SUV to transport it to the birthday party. Five stars for this toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Project Workbench, November 3, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Wooden Project Workbench (Toy)
Can survive early childhood!! Lots of challenges, including coordination, critical thinking, mechanical manipulation, and so on. Easy to set up, good directions. Opportunity for playing with your child. Best toy for a 2 1/2 year old girl we've seen.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, reasonable price and easy to assemble, August 16, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Wooden Project Workbench (Toy)
We bought it for my 5 yo son. It took me less than 20 minutes to assemble. Has lots of part and pices to play with, and a great book with ideas. The top-quality is all over, I really prefer the wooden toys than the chip plastic ones.

It arrived in time, and the fact that shipping was free (Prime) makes it a great deal.

Melissa & Doug Wooden Project Workbench