5.0 out of 5 stars In one word, fabulous!
I love my new Choco Latte machine. It has all the features I was seeking -- thermal carafe, milk froth-o-matic and removable water tank.
Published on December 8, 2000 by C. Clement

2.0 out of 5 stars Do not be deceived by the name
This machine does not make lattes or cappuccinos. When I ordered it I had no idea how to make a latte. The manual that comes with it does not tell how to make lattes, just how to froth milk. I had to buy an espresso machine to make my lattes. The froth milk spout(steamer) doesn't work all the time. Most of the time it doesn't produce froth, just warm milk.
...it...
Published on November 30, 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars In one word, fabulous!, December 8, 2000
This review is from: Melitta MECM1B Choco Latte Hot Beverage Maker (Kitchen)
This machine makes coffee quickly, and the steamer function is very easy to use. (Could it be any easier? Does this make it too easy?) You can steam chocolate milk, regular milk, syrup-flavored milk, any kind of milk you want.
The carafe is a great size, and really does keep your coffee warm for hours without any fear of leaving the heater on. Unlike some of the thermal carafes I've used in the past, this one has a large opening once you remove the lid, which makes it much easier to clean.
I highly recommend this machine.

2.0 out of 5 stars Do not be deceived by the name, November 30, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Melitta MECM1B Choco Latte Hot Beverage Maker (Kitchen)
...it is an excellent coffeemaker. The coffee is very hot and stays hot a long time in the carafe.

4.0 out of 5 stars works well, March 23, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Melitta MECM1B Choco Latte Hot Beverage Maker (Kitchen)
We've made tasty, frothy hot chocolate. We didn't realize that the coffee holder is a thermos rather than a holder that sits on a heating element, but it works well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not make Latte!!, December 29, 2000
Michael Messner (Westlake Village, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melitta MECM1B Choco Latte Hot Beverage Maker (Kitchen)
This is a mediocre machine that makes steamed milk and coffee. However, it is advertised as a latte maker. It does not make latte's. Personally, I think it is false advertising.
A Traditional "Latte" requires a shot of espresso and unless you have an espresso machine you can not make Latte's with this product. I had to purchase an additional espresso machine to make Latte's with this product.
Buyer beware.