5.0 out of 5 stars Best Coffe Maker Bar-none
My melitta fast brew from 2000 lasted 7 years. Last month, Oct-2007 it crapped out. I went looking for a replacement online, knowing I wanted another fast brew---long story-short---the online reviews of melitta fast brew picked apart the design..ie....heating plate ect...
Because I liked my old fast brew...I spent the 59.00
What a great purchse!!
If it only...
Published on November 14, 2007 by Trent Reynolds

3.0 out of 5 stars It works
Coffee preference is very personal. My opinion is that the coffee from this machine is too weak, and too cold. If you like a typical, mellow cup, it will probably be fine. I like a strong cup of french roast, which I don't get, even at the maximum strength setting, because it drips too fast. Also, I cannot see the water level in the indicator.
Published on March 21, 2008 by Fillmoe

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Coffe Maker Bar-none, November 14, 2007
This review is from: Melitta MEFB6W 12 Cup Fast Brew Digital Programmable Coffee Maker, white (Kitchen)
Because I liked my old fast brew...I spent the 59.00
What a great purchse!!
If it only lasts 3 months, I will replace it.
Hands-down, this is the best!

Cffe in 24 sec., stainless stell tubes makes coofee tatse better, cool design, everyone in my home comments on how cool it looks, but, better than that is is tough, elegant, and is a brewing machine.
Trent

4.0 out of 5 stars great little machine, but...., December 28, 2007
M. Szornyi (St. Joseph, Mi) - See all my reviews
I really enjoy my new coffee maker! It's stylish and very fast. I love the brew strength feature. My old coffee maker had the pause and serve feature, but it somehow always dripped onto the hot plate just a bit. This coffee maker doesn't lose a drop! The only problem I have with this coffee maker is the top, it doesn't stay up all the way and it is very difficult to pour all the water from the carafe without spilling. Otherwise, it's excellent!

4.0 out of 5 stars Melitta Fast Brew, October 18, 2007
Carolyn H. Piepmeier "kelpiep" (Cookeville, TN United States) - See all my reviews
I haven't fine-tuned the strength of the brew yet, but I like the quickness and the heat of the coffee when brewed. Better than the other coffee makers we've tried.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Coffee, Hard to Get the Water In, December 7, 2007
This coffee pot works great. It disperses the water over the grounds in a way that helps release the most flavor from the coffee. My only two knocks are that the lid on the pot does not come off and it is very difficult using the pot to get the water into the resevoir in the back of the machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT COFFEE FAST!, June 13, 2008
COFFEE LOVER (SAINT LOUIS, MO USA) - See all my reviews
THIS IS THE 3RD MELITTA FAST BREW COFFEE MAKER I HAVE OWNED. I LOVE HOW
FAST IT BREWS. I AGREE THE TANK LID NEEDS TO OPEN A LITTLE MORE TO EMPTY
THE WATER INTO THE TANK. THE SPEED AND THE TASTE OF A GREAT CUP O' JOE
IN THE MORNING IS WORTH THE SLIGHT PROBLEM I HAVE POURING THE WATER INTO
THE TANK. I KNOW THAT I WOULD EVER BUY ANY OTHER COFFEE MAKER THAN THE FAST BREW.

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, March 21, 2008
Fillmoe (San Francisco, California) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes excellent coffee, very stylish look, but difficult to pour water into the machine, July 14, 2009
Like many of the other reviewers here, I found that the big drawback with this machine happens when you try to pour the water in. You basically have to pull the lid back a little further than it feels like it should go, and it's hard to tip the carafe over all the way in that small space. Water ends up running down the side of the carafe which you need to wipe away before putting it on the hot plate, or sometimes you'll accidentally spill water into the filter basket which then spills all over the hot plate itself. Having said that, the coffee is excellent and the machine is gorgeous to look at. That ultra-blue clock is very modern and striking. The coffee maker itself is large and really catches your eye, looks great on your kitchen counter. Oh, one more drawback--if you are like me and tend to only make 4 cups or so, you may find that the cone filters sometimes fold over during the brewing process, resulting in a very mild watery pot of coffee that then needs to be tossed. This has happened to me a few times, and it's a bummer when you're using the more expensive types of ground coffee. Still--I'll stick with this coffee maker until it stops working. It takes a little extra effort on my part to pour the water in just right and try to tuck the cone filters in so they don't fold over--but when it's right, it's SO good. Definitely the best coffee maker I've owned, even with its flaws, and I've had many.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one FINE Coffee Brewer, May 2, 2008
I have owned a Melitta 12 cup coffee maker prior to purchasing the newly designed 12 cup model. I was ecstatic when I tasted the coffee from the first, older model. The stainless steel tubing allows for greater brewing temperature and great tasting coffee, especially since I use Van Roy coffee (from Cleveland, Oh) on the weekends to remind me of my hometown. During the Week I use Folgers Morning Blend. This coffee maker is hands down the finest I have ever used in over twenty-nine years of coffee drinking, in its durability, speed of brewing and higher water temperature needed to get optimal coffee making. I would agree with one reviewer that on this newer model that the top lid could open further for ease of filling the machine with water, but I will still give it a 5 star rating. I have not used another brand of coffee maker in over 7 years and with this new model, I enjoy the blue digital clock which works, unlike the older model where the clock function was 'iffy'. Will continue to purchase Melitta, this is one fine coffee brewer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fast, but messy, May 2, 2010
Everyone else says it, but I ignored them; how hard can it be to avoid spilling and dripping? Almost impossible, it turns out. I solved the difficulty in filling the tank by using the sink sprayer. That involves moving the coffee maker over to next to the sink to fill it, but that is no big deal. The most frustrating thing for me is that the carafe always spills a few drops as you quit pouring. But the Melitta Fast Brew is fast, which is why I bought it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but Achilles' heal, April 5, 2008
Lovin' coffee (Ft. Worth, Texas) - See all my reviews
I've owned several of the old-style fast brews. Like those, I like the coffee flavor and brew time of this newer design. But it has one big problem; the lid does not raise enough to allow clearance for the carafe while pouring the last bit of water into the reservoir. One can remedy this, like I did, by using the tip of a razor knife to trim back about 1/16 inch of the plastic housing, just behind each hinge. This allows the lid to open more. (Take your time and be careful.) Also, I put tape over the obtrusive bright-blue lighted clock, which is just what I don't need first thing in the morning. With a little after-market engineering, this is a great product!