5.0 out of 5 stars Pitbull's "Meltdown" turns the heat up!, November 27, 2013
This review is from: Meltdown - EP (MP3 Music)
Meltdown was smartly released a day after our favorite Cuban-American rapper, Pitbull, hosted the 41st annual American Music Awards. He was classy, and entertained the audience with his performance of "Timber," one of the many collaborations he has within this EP album. Meltdown (2013) features 5 tracks, which are all brand new (for all Pitbull fans, this is buena noticia -- the best of news!!). Lucky for us, Pitbull has a heart with the release of Meltdown - EP, which allows those of us who already own the Global Warming (2012) album to indulge in only the newest tracks without having to purchase Global Warming: Meltdown (2013), a compilation of the first twelve Global Warming songs plus the five new ones.

Okay. Enough chit chat aside. Let's do a play-by-play of all the tracks, shall we?

1). Timber (feat. Ke$ha) - Sooo good!! This was the first track released of the new tracks on Meltdown and has been slowly working its way up to radio airwaves. It combines country/folk elements and electronic dance. The harmonica playing is the most prominent part of the track and is easily what makes this track distinct and incredibly enjoyable. It is hard not to like this song since it has an infectious beat that makes you want to do nothing else, but dance!

2). That High (feat. Kelly Rowland) - I really like this one too. Kelly Rowland's singing is undoubtedly the best part of the song as her vocals soar over synths and a dance-heavy beat that helps make this for perfect dancing music. It's difficult not to move to this track because it is so much fun!

3). Do It (feat. Mayer Hawthorne) - Oooh! LOVE that Pitbull and Mayer collaborated! I am a fan of Mayer Hawthorne's style as it recalls Motown music (typically feel-good) for me. This track is no different from what Mayer often does and the only addition is Pitbull, who seems to actually kind of blend in instead of overshadow in the track. This is beautiful soul-infused music that has an "old-school feel" to it, which will make you want to groove. Two thumbs up from me!!

4). Sun In California (feat. Mohombi, PLAYB4CK) - Opens up delicately with keyboard piano and Pitbull rapping and moves to Mohombi's serene singing. The production on this track is beautiful as it shifts back and forth between light and hard. The light parts are characterized by keyboard playing, which makes you feel like you're in a peaceful place while the hard parts make you feel like you're at a party. It's typical EDM, which I really like!

5). All The Things (feat. Inna) - Before even listening to the track, I already had high expectations for this since whenever Inna is involved in music, it is gold! Good thing this still rings true because I am incredibly pleased with this song. It has more of a playful and easygoing feel to it with a whistling tune in the background. This track is enjoyable and its catchy beat will definitely have you getting up and moving at first listen.

Wow!! All of the songs are really good, so it may be hard to choose a favorite. They are each a little different, but in the best way possible, so definitely give them all a try!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome EP, November 28, 2013
This review is from: Meltdown - EP (MP3 Music)
I love Pitbull's music. It makes me happy. You cannot help but go with the beat and do a little dancing,

5.0 out of 5 stars Stirring Musical Experimentation, November 29, 2013
This review is from: Meltdown - EP (MP3 Music)
I have been familiar with Pitbull since the period of 2004 when I was living in California and heard his "Culo" and "Toma" songs that were played on one of the mainstream radio stations. This Meltdown EP takes a completely different music direction from his early days in an enjoyable type of way. I only purchased Meltdown as its own music purchase due to already previously purchasing and liking "Global Warming" in November 2012 (which is also fun to listen to). Timber is my favorite song from the Meltdown collection due to the light-hearted music blend of dance and folk/country music. Do It And Sun In California would probably make good club hits, especially with the dance vibe of Sun In California. However, I confess that All The Things and That High even more due to the electronic and dance vibe. Additionally, I feel that Pitbull's uninhibited music spirit comes out even more in All The Things and That High.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect condition and showed up quickly, April 22, 2014
Patti Lehigh (Cordova, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meltdown (Audio CD)
The condition and product are great! The content of the CD is ok. Not Pitbull's best work, but it is still Pitbull!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dale!, March 10, 2014
This review is from: Meltdown (Audio CD)
Please, this is Pitbull, what could be wrong? Love all the songs! Uplifting, happy music, makes you want to dance. Dale!

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting as always, January 10, 2014
This review is from: Meltdown - EP (MP3 Music)
Pitbull can always surprise you with each and every song!!!! I have not found a song I do not like yet!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this CD!, December 18, 2013
This review is from: Meltdown (Audio CD)
I heard the one song on Leno and really liked the song. But most importantly, I really liked what he said on Leno- that America was the best place to live on the planet. Being from Cuba, he didnt complain about the US. Thank you for being a great American and providing us with fabulous music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!, December 1, 2013
This review is from: Meltdown - EP (MP3 Music)
Great album!! Love these new tracks! Glad I was able to get just the new tracks, since I already own Global Warming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Meltdown says it all., July 16, 2014
I'm a Pitbull groupie at 70. I just wish the man could dance

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 15, 2014
Great music.

Meltdown
Meltdown by Pitbull (Audio CD - 2013)