Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on November 13, 2005
These labels are good quality and scored for easy trimming by hand after printing. I had no real problems with the included software. It isn't what I would call commercial quality, but it worked fine for my needs. I liked the fact that it could take any image off my hard drive and automatically scale it to fit the label - I didn't have to scale the image manually. It also allowed me to print a calibration page to align the software to my printer (a simple process that it walks you through step-by-step), so that I wouldn't have to waste a label to align the printer. One thing to be aware of, though, is that these labels are size A4, not your standard 8-1/2 by 11 size. As long as your printer can be set to use A4 paper, you shouldn't have any problems.
0Comment26 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 4, 2005
These labels are of good quality and the print on them is OK.

But the program that comes with the package is horrible. It is antiquated, inflexible, and downright poorly designed. You have to view the page sideways, there is no align feature ... the list goes on and on.

If you want to use these inserts, be prepared to use a program like power point and spend the time to measure the paper to align it on the page yourself. The software that comes with this package sure isnt going to do the job right.
0Comment26 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2006
This product is a sad joke. It's expensive of course. The paper is just heavyweight paper that's perforated so you can bend it and break out the inserts themselves... which takes some effort (not sure if it'd be quicker just getting heavyweight paper and using a paper cutting board). But, whatever.

However, the software is crap. That's the appropriate term. Reading this I can save you an hour of your precious time. No you can't make the template show right-side up. That's right... to use the software you have to TILT YOUR HEAD SIDEWAYS. I'm not kidding! I guess you could also turn your monitor on it's side. You can rotate the text so it shows the way it should. But when you edit it, it'll be sideways again. So you'll have to turn your head (or monitor) back and forth sideways. What kind of company would sell such a product?

And oh yeah... if you're looking for templates for the DVD Inserts? ... nada. They're not there!
11 comment38 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2005
The materials appear to be of a good quality, not that I'd know. The software that comes with it to print hasn't been updated in years, and its the original release. Sure enough, after spending days trying to get it to work at all it was clear the entire purchase was a waste of money. I checked the company's website about the software, and they have no updates in three years, no way of getting support.

I expect programs to have bugs; that's normal. The problem is this company apparently has no intention of either taking customer support requests and hasn't released even a bug patch in years, so the chances of it working on a modern computer with a modern printer is increasingly slim.
0Comment17 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2006
I've been using this sofware for all my label burning for about a year. It was free and easy to install and use. Perfect for large or small jobs. If you're looking for custom label making - this is not the software for you. I found a website on line to download FREE movie and gaming labels and they work great with this software. Couldn't be happier!
on March 21, 2013
These case inserts print good quality, but some of the claims made on the packaging make me say you should consider something by Avery or another reputable company.

1) They promise software you can use to make these inserts. This is not available from the Memorex website, and trying to find a vendor for the ExpressIt software stumped even Google. I just went around and around and around through a series of 3 websites following link after link until I gave up. I ended up downloading AudioLabel and had a much better time with that.

2) The case inserts say they will fit a slimline DVD case, but this is true only if you do one of two things:

a) You ignore the perforations, figure out the dimensions of the case, and leave a gap at the end of the artwork to trim off by hand (there are no perforations except at the edge of the margin). This is especially important if you're putting something on the spine.

OR

b) You have to tear the labels along the spine perforation and wrap one end of the label under the other in the middle of the case. Again, this would necessitate changes to the artwork so that you're not cutting something off in the middle of the label.

If you're using these in slimline cases, or you don't have another source for label software, avoid these at all costs.
22 comments6 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon July 12, 2008
The Memorex have a good weight/thickness but have a perforated spine and I can never get my print outs to line up exactly. It would have been better if they didn't put the spine perfs in the paper.
on November 20, 2007
The label is of good quality and very easy to trim by hand. Once I calibrated my printer using the supplied software, the alignment is great and consistent. I find the software is intuitive and easy to use. Printed about 50 DVD labels so far, haven't had any problems.
on September 10, 2015
No software included. Or at least I couldn't find it anywhere. And DOES NOT work with slim line cases!!! Took me forever to figure it out..still working on it. Hopefully I can make these work. But if you're looking for slim case dvd inserts, DO NOT buy these!!
on April 1, 2015
The link is no longer available for use to print out labels so I can't recommend that this product and really think that the product really needs to stop being sold, because as far as I know there is no way to print labels without the software being available to do it.