Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Memorex MMP8550-WHT 256MB USB 2.0 MP3 Player (Silver)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 10, 2007
The product does everything that I wanted. I can download my music and take it wherever I go. The only problems are those reported in the previous review. Its a shame this product has been discontinued.
on January 8, 2007
I bought one of these a few months ago on a whim and just love it. If you're looking for an MP3 player that is simple, easy to load and random with the music- this little player is the one for you. I have used this little thing in just about every situation, from bicycling to cleaning the house to daily use in the car driving to and from school, and it has held up beautifully.

It's exceedingly portable and once you get to know how it works, very easy to use. Basically it's just: turn it on, slip it into your pocket and go. Granted, it doesn't have a huge music capacity but for what it does have, it holds an ample amount of tunes (think the length of about 3 or 4 c.d's). It is also capable of being put into a shuffle mode, despite everything being put on in a random way when you load it. (Which could be a drawback if you want things in order.)

Now, there are a few other drawbacks that I have discovered in my daily use of this- one being the GIANT button on the front. If you keep this in your pocket and bump up against something, it will pause. Kind of annoying. The only other thing is not being able to charge it anywhere other than on your computer. That's not so great. Although the charge time when you do have to power it up is pretty quick, and the indicator lights are obvious as to when it is done.

Overall, this little device produces good sound quality, the ear-buds that come with it are actually comfortable, the controls are easy to use and it's a nifty little design. I give it five stars for what it is, how much I use it and how it has been consistantly reliable, unlike other MP3 players I've used.