Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Memorex MTT3200 50's Retro Style Table Top CD Player (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 25, 2005
Memorex has never impressed me until now. This retro style player looks great, has a quality feel and sound.

The drawer loading is much better than the "reach under the lid" of most small players. It programs up to 30 tracks, which is very unusual for a small player at this price. It has track skip, and search, which operates silently but that's a minor con. You can repeat one, all, or just programmed tracks.

The pair of 2 1/2 inch speakers surprised me with much better sound than I expected; the Memorex site says it has bass boost, but this is not mentioned on the box or in the manual. I do wish it had a headphone jack. Memorex's site lists that it does, but there is no jack on mine.

The Amazon description lists this as using batteries or AC. Mine is AC only, and the Memorex site does not mention battery power. Also, mine is turquoise and cream colors.

I have a big-buck component system, and still find this small Memorex player more than adequate for everyday listening. I paid new retail of $50, and it is worth every cent of that.
review image
on January 5, 2012
My wife bought this for me as a birthday gift. Mine's turquois and cream. I love the retro looks. It played CDs perhaps a dozen times before the CD tray jammed closed and now refuses to open. Pushing the "CD Open/Close Button" results in naught but an angry buzz.
The radio, in both AM and FM, works fine but I have a number of other radios. I want to play CDs.

Memorex's online troubleshooting help techs want $25 to tell me how I can FIX THIS MYSELF, making my $50 unit a $75 unit.
I am not at all happy.
on May 14, 2008
When I saw this cute little radio/CD player, I just had to have it. Unfortunately the CD player stopped working after 10 or so uses and now it sits in the kitchen on my old-fashioned "Hoosier" kitchen cabinet, looking like it's been there since the 50's, but useless except for the radio. Like the other reviewer's radio, mine is turquoise, not red, and it doesn't have any place for batteries.

See 1 answered question